batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Just install it to a Binmod folder on your desktop. Then move it into your ofp directory.

Yes, it's safe to install - see the first post for the instructions. It is not safe to play, however - the enemy AI can really "reach out and touch you!"

Interesting. I wasn't tracking forum and what a suprise :)

So - install to desktop and then make folder called "binmod" or the names it's not important?

Interesting. I wasn't tracking forum and what a suprise :)

So - install to desktop and then make folder called "binmod" or the names it's not important?

Thank you for your compliment.

Make an empty folder to your desktop, then install the files via installer to that folder and move it to your OFP root directory.

I played a while your mod (it seems for now to be absolutely new quality here :) ) and I detect same problems as mentioned by others.

Firstly I extracted everything in @binmod folder and copied it into OFP directory (nothing special - just like other mods) and then extracted three JAM's pbo's into @binmod/addons/.

But when I noticed missing sounds problem I renamed mod folder to binmod (without "@"). Sounds appears! Now almost everything works.

But I am still getting error "No entry 'config.cpp/cfgweapons.Jam_45ACP_UMP_25SDMag'" after game launch.

Moving JAMs from modfolder to Res/Addons/ doesn't help.

But I am still getting error "No entry 'config.cpp/cfgweapons.Jam_45ACP_UMP_25SDMag'" after game launch.

Moving JAMs from modfolder to Res/Addons/ doesn't help.

That's an error you should ignore, it is JAM's fault and doesn't have an effect and only shows at startup, just keep on playing.

Thank you for playing and I am glad that you feel that way!

downloaded; I'm going to try your mod ;)

Thank you! Please post some impressions after that ;)

Working on a hotfix, which will address some smaller bugs and little gameplay fixes, soon.

Edited by batis4

I will post some of my impressions ;)

- sounds - :thumbsup:

- explosions effects - as above,

- after explosion smoke (from distance looks like from movie) - as above,

- weapon barrel smoke - as above,

- improved AI accuracy - as above - only on higher distances they seem to be a bit too much deadly. In close and medium combat it's cool.

- granades - :thumbsup:

- animations - as above,

- removing number of ammo and magazines from HUD - as above.

But here I have one suggestion that I think I read somewhere before.

What about menu action "Check ammo"? It can works with proper animation of soldier removing ammo clip and checking how much does it weight to rate how many bullets left. Script check number of ammo and show infobox with information:

- "Empty" - If e.g. there is 0% of ammo,

- "Almost empty" - If e.g. there is <10%,

and etc.

It is not feature of kind "I want this or Ill cry". It just can be helpful and improve feel of realism.

-bleeding/bandages - :thumbsup:

And here two observations.

Enemy soldiers used to use bandages in open ground and under fire. Shouldn't they first run somewhere to hide?

I don't know how this looks from programming point of view. This is only my impression.

And finally I was twice a witness of wonder of resurrection. Soldier after being killed (he was lying dead on the ground with bloody face) start to healing after few seconds.

Summary - OFP is now harder game. Gameplay comes with much more enjoyment and satisfaction. I am not an modding expert but just for player it looks awesome.

Thank you guys for your hard work. Final effect is worth it.

Best wishes. :)

Thank you very much Ozelo for those impressions!

Some answers:

That ammo checking is a good idea and we are going to implement it, thank you. That animation is madeable but would look foolish enough, as the weapon magazines aren't modelled separately.

Bandages and healing are still in WIP

That resurrection, maybe he was unconscious for a moment and then rise up, that is a rare event under those circumstances but can happen.

We're very happy to hear those words, thank you :)

Edited by batis4

First thing that needs to be corrected, no cursor for the helicopter, makes it impossible to tell the gunner which vehicle to target. tab is a pure substitute, slow and unreliable.

STGN

First thing that needs to be corrected, no cursor for the helicopter, makes it impossible to tell the gunner which vehicle to target. tab is a pure substitute, slow and unreliable.

STGN

Alright, no problem.

Now it all works :) So my appologies but more detailed instructions of installations should be included :PP

Mod it's hard like hell :) But it's very good. And sounds are very reallistic too. I hope mod will be growning ;)

Hey man, no problem at all. Glad you liked the mod!

Binmod Patch 1, version 0.75 to 0.8 has been released!

Changelog:

- HYK US Infantry Pack included (Thank you Hyakushiki!)

- Ammo check system (WIP)

- Weapon optics FOV settings changed

- Bandage animation changed

- DSAI tweaked

- Few bug fixes

- Corrections to documentations

This is a fairly small patch but recommended!

We are doing early beta version and there will be lots of stuff which we can't release yet. :biggrin_o:

Download here:

Binmod Patch 1

After that download this:

Patch1_Hotfix3.rar

Note for those who downloaded Hotfix 1 and/or 2:

Download this hotfix and apply it, versions 1 and 2 are heavily bugged.

Edited by batis4

Does not work get an No entry 'config.cpp.CFGworld' error.

STGN

Edited by STGN

Working on it..

Fixed. Download this:

Patch1_Hotfix.rar

Edited by batis4

Okay now the next problem: \scripts\para\eject2.sqs not found

Download this:

link removed..

Edited by batis4

After applying patch and hotfix:

- \scripts\globalinit.sqs not found (name probably not exact)

- CTDs with some of HYK units and armoured vehicles.

Proposition:

- under EAST we have now: men, USSR inf and RF inf. Under west men and HYK categories (inf woodland 85 etc). My proposition is to replace original BIS units and categories with USSR inf and US '85, and add categories modern categories (check the groups!). This way we should see better models in original BIS missions ;)

But anyway, great beta release!

After applying patch and hotfix:

- \scripts\globalinit.sqs not found (name probably not exact)

- CTDs with some of HYK units and armoured vehicles.

Proposition:

- under EAST we have now: men, USSR inf and RF inf. Under west men and HYK categories (inf woodland 85 etc). My proposition is to replace original BIS units and categories with USSR inf and US '85, and add categories modern categories (check the groups!). This way we should see better models in original BIS missions ;)

But anyway, great beta release!

Thank you! Yet again we had to make a hotfix, download this:

http://www.multiupload.com/TJZA3UWXZS

We have been discussing about the BIS unit replacements and have come to conclusion that it wouldn't work good and would cause problems in many different areas. Thanks but no thanks.

Edited by batis4

the first thing i notice is you don't have any custom animations for the main poses, the reload is also wierd when used with dma animations packs.

Edited by BronzeEagle

I advice you not to use any animations packs as it will bring you conflicts with the original animations. No custom animations for main poses.

PM me the link to the pack and I'll take a look later today.