batis4

Binmod Release Thread

did you fix the installation problem? id hate to reinstall again.

We threw the installer to garbage bin, and replaced the method with Winrar. Remove the old Binmod folder, and extract the new folder from this release.

nice mod batis4 great sights and sounds only thing would change is the sound of the echo burst the m16 is not the same as the single shot mode

does it uninstall clean?

It's just a mod folder, it should, no problem.

nice mod batis4 great sights and sounds only thing would change is the sound of the echo burst the m16 is not the same as the single shot mode

Thank you for the compliments! The burst sound of M16 firing produces a different type of echo than a single shot as it should, so we are not changing that.

As a remainder, remember people to comment what you think of the mod and other similar actions, like bug testing etc. Even a brief review of the mod would help a lot.

Thanks!

welllll, if its only one folder i wouldn't mind runnin my campaign through it. can't wait to try the dsai.

welllll, if its only one folder i wouldn't mind runnin my campaign through it. can't wait to try the dsai.

That's good! Just beware of the potential problems when ran through your campaign, especially when not using Binmod units.

You could also post results if it went good.

hmmmm, so a special script might be required for non bin mod units....is there any way our two addon teams could help each other to be compatible? if you need my help in any way to make my campaign compatible with yours please let me know. we recently through the help of some friends nailed a bunch of bugs, lets hope its runnable on binmod.

hmmmm, so a special script might be required for non bin mod units....is there any way our two addon teams could help each other to be compatible? if you need my help in any way to make my campaign compatible with yours please let me know. we recently through the help of some friends nailed a bunch of bugs, lets hope its runnable on binmod.

Let's take a look, but later. We're living in a busy environment currently.

right, lotsa work to be done.

my review:

love the sounds, love the units, animations, no. is it possible to add our own?

Edited by BronzeEagle

my review:

love the sounds, love the units, animations, no. is it possible to add our own?

Thanks. Which animations didn't you like?

the standing animation was the vanilla ofp one, so they were overly hunched over, there are several animation packs out there to choose from to add to your mod which will make it look alot better such as dma next gen 2. i was hoping it would have a better animation set. plz. :o

You can actually aim like in DMA anim packs by pressing shift + S

About the mod: I really liked some of the new effects, but they lag like hell in big battles, so an option to actually enable or disable features (like disable smoke puffs when hitting the ground, but keeping DSAI) would be great for keeping FPS

An 1.96 version would be great too, as I saw some of the scripts and only two new functions present in CWA are used (related to GetposASL and SetposASL).

The new sounds are badass, but again, one can't desactivate some features if not all at the same time

I haven't tried MP yet because my friends aren't using CWA, but it's looks very stable, it's like a new WGL-like project.

Edited by NacroxNicke

About the mod: I really liked some of the new effects, but they lag like hell in big battles, so an option to actually enable or disable features (like disable smoke puffs when hitting the ground, but keeping DSAI) would be great for keeping FPS

An 1.96 version would be great too, as I saw some of the scripts and only two new functions present in CWA are used (related to GetposASL and SetposASL).

The new sounds are badass, but again, one can't desactivate some features if not all at the same time

Thanks! You're right, we will add this at some point during the patch releases.

We'll have to see about that 1.96 version. Maybe it will be done.

Yeah, I understand what you mean, and I'm sure we will make up something.

Thanks for your time.

You can actually aim like in DMA anim packs by pressing shift + S

About the mod: I really liked some of the new effects, but they lag like hell in big battles, so an option to actually enable or disable features (like disable smoke puffs when hitting the ground, but keeping DSAI) would be great for keeping FPS.....

you have issues with frames per second?

Yep, but i'm sure that It's the smoke puffs that bullets make when touch the ground, because I'm using a computer that doesn't have VGA, but a decent CPU (2x3.0ghz).

1.99 is worthless.

1.99 isn't worthless. It has some excellent functions such as getPosASL, setPosASL and getWorld, and an eventhandler "animChanged", which are used succesfully in Binmod in many areas.

1.99 has also caught attention of players that have left from the OFP scene, thus bringing more players back to OFP.

But as so many has complained about this, we will make an 1.96 compatible option version for you.

Yep, but i'm sure that It's the smoke puffs that bullets make when touch the ground, because I'm using a computer that doesn't have VGA, but a decent CPU (2x3.0ghz).

The main reason why it's so slow, is the OFP's engine limitations, and the limitations of the engine is our biggest problem in this project.

OFP only supports a maximum of somewhat 768MB of RAM, uses only 1 core of your processor and doesn't even take the GPU seriously.

Edited by batis4

I almost forgot!, the new optics are good, but they are too bright for OFP, so them don't blend too good with it

I will try to take a photo and edit it with PS to show you

I almost forgot!, the new optics are good, but they are too bright for OFP, so them don't blend too good with it

I will try to take a photo and edit it with PS to show you

Yes, I know what you mean, some of the optics are indeed too bright.

A small christmas update:

Binmod's HYK units retextured in Multicam coming in the next update:

Sorry for the little quality loss on these pictures :o

Wiineri's work.

Close-up:

8f14229654f9d1470f01e85448025b29.png

Meanwhile in Everon:

b029ca8041e0626f7110b4b0ef5d2b73.png

(Click on thumbnails to get them larger)

Edited by batis4

Finally got around to try this mod. Here's my single player first impressions:

pros:

-nice weapon sounds, some nice replacement models here and there

-cool visual and sound special fx, including exploding barrels :D

-variety of content (mostly a mishmash of old addons though)

-as usual, combat gets more interesting with better AI eye-sight and worse AI accuracy

-in general, a funny new flavour...

cons:

-...but far from being usable as a primary mod of choice yet

-fx scripts can add up quickly to kill fps

-fps hitches when new sounds are loaded from disk and fx stuff is spawned etc (maybe preload sounds as a pbo or something)

-always seems to CTD after a while of playing, even in very simple squad vs squad skirmishes

-scripting error pop-ups and messages, as expected in beta

-overall bad performance (win7 64bit, core i7 950 3GHz, 12GB ddr3, gtx580 3GB)

-clipping issues (eg, the black op model can't walk stairs and casually runs through walls in the L-shaped building in Monti)

-missing island intros

-bad animation in places

-very inconsistant art quality (original ofp soldier models look awful next to a new model with 10x definition etc)

-content with questionable legality (copyrighted music for one)

Finally got around to try this mod. Here's my single player first impressions:

pros:

-nice weapon sounds, some nice replacement models here and there

-cool visual and sound special fx, including exploding barrels :D

-variety of content (mostly a mishmash of old addons though)

-as usual, combat gets more interesting with better AI eye-sight and worse AI accuracy

-in general, a funny new flavour...

cons:

-...but far from being usable as a primary mod of choice yet

-fx scripts can add up quickly to kill fps

-fps hitches when new sounds are loaded from disk and fx stuff is spawned etc (maybe preload sounds as a pbo or something)

-always seems to CTD after a while of playing, even in very simple squad vs squad skirmishes

-scripting error pop-ups and messages, as expected in beta

-overall bad performance (win7 64bit, core i7 950 3GHz, 12GB ddr3, gtx580 3GB)

-clipping issues (eg, the black op model can't walk stairs and casually runs through walls in the L-shaped building in Monti)

-missing island intros

-bad animation in places

-very inconsistant art quality (original ofp soldier models look awful next to a new model with 10x definition etc)

-content with questionable legality (copyrighted music for one)

Thanks, appreciated!

In the next update we will make some disabling options for the FPS hogging FX stuff.

Overall bad performance, even if you have a monster rig like you, is because of OFP's engine limits.

OFP can't run all the stuff Binmod presents to the game smoothly, so if you want smooth FPS, it's going to be a huge loss in matters of eye and ear-candy.

That means no dynamic sounds, no DSAI, no cool bits and pieces havoc on the battlefield, and so on...

If Binmod would be for ArmA II, no problems at all.

All of the island intros will be included when they are done.

Clipping, hmm... can't be fixed AFAIK.

Bad animation? Could you be more specific?

No legality issues, expect for this music.. I'm not sure if the implemention is legal, hope is.

Edited by batis4