batis4

Binmod Release Thread

Looks/sounds great. One thing that I've noticed, that I've always noticed in effects mods, is that the smoke of a fired weapon always seems too white (low transparency as well so it partially blocks the view), seems to linger longer, and the volume of smoke seems bigger than it is in reality.

Thanks! It is hard to perfect the weapon smoke to OFP, believe me we have tried countless of different versions and this is near the best we can get, but we'll see if we can do something about it.

edit: Tweaking it with some alpha channel modifying, should look better...

Edited by batis4

@batis4

What key to press to hold breath while aiming?

Hold breath was replaced by Binmod's upper stance animation. It's activated by pressing SHIFT+S. We forgot to update it to the readme.

I have all proper installed. I'm not amator... :/

Not a school teacher either obviously :)

Not a school teacher either obviously

Is there any real reason why You quote part of my old post from 03-07-2011 ? You didn't wrote anything meaningful to this discussion. Nothing which is although a bit close to topic :) So please try not to spam

G44

I get the following errors:

SJBinerror2.jpg

And

SJBinerro1.jpg

When in game I also do not have gun sounds (I installed the patch,hotfix and Jam3 to the mods folders addons folder) Not sure why it isn't working for me. oh and G44 I was ribbing you about the spelling... it was a joke no harm meant by it.

Edited by njmatrix

@njmatrix

Make sure that you use Correct shortcut to launch Binmod

Shortcut: "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\FLASHPOINTRESISTANCE.EXE" -mod=Binmod -nosplash -nomap

Hope this helps ;)

Edited by Icarus

When in game I also do not have gun sounds (I installed the patch,hotfix and Jam3 to the mods folders addons folder)

Have you followed this advice?

"If the mod isn't working properly, create a folder called "Binmod" on your desktop then install/extract the files into the folder and copy it to your OFP root directory"

The folder absolutely needs to be called "Binmod" so the mod can find it's files.

Also check the shortcut launch as Icarus stated.

THANK YOU for applying dsai, that was my number one most requested feature and its in there. Thank you.

Sorry for the late reply yes changing the name to "binmod" did the trick thank you

yeah i found that out the hard way. when i tried to uninstall it was still binmod. what i think the problem is is that the first install is meant to go into a folder already named binmod which the installation file doesn't create.

It seems that the mod isn't compatible with CWA1.99.

The alpha should be working with CWA 1.99, but I'm not so sure about that, because this version was made way before CWA.

There's no difference though if you play it through GOTY version or CWA.

what i think the problem is is that the first install is meant to go into a folder already named binmod which the installation file doesn't create.

Yeah, that's the main issue which we had during the release of the alpha, the installer is a failure.

then just release the binmod folder inside of a zip file and forget the installation program. most of us know how to operate mods, but im sure if you posted how to do the shortcut and where to put the folder its a wrap.

then just release the binmod folder inside of a zip file and forget the installation program.

This has been our plan since the failure, and will be used as a further release method.

I saw your video on youtube (binmod v0.9 brief battle) and it seemed too good and something else when you will have ready the new version of the mod?

I saw your video on youtube (binmod v0.9 brief battle) and it seemed too good and something else when you will have ready the new version of the mod?

Thanks! Check post #64 for more of the features.

and saw that post but I will not arrogant but when you upload the new version of the mod

Before christmas.

Binmod beta v. 0.9 has been released!

See the features list on #64 and the download link from the first post.

Over 900MB?! Wow! Will try it later, when my connection will be better, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun! :)

Over 900MB?! Wow! Will try it later, when my connection will be better, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun! :)

Yes, and that is when packed in a rar file. Extracted weight will be approx. 1.8GB worth of data. Hope that isn't a too big of a chunk for most users.

Nice, i will try it asap!

And obviously i will report bugs if I find some!

Thanks!, I expected a release near christmas, so this is a nice surprise!

PD: I will try to test it on a listen server to see the MP compatibility thing.

Edited by NacroxNicke

Nice, i will try it asap!

And obviously i will report bugs if I find some!

Thanks!, I expected a release near christmas, so this is a nice surprise!

PD: I will try to test it on a listen server to see the MP compatibility thing.

Many thanks. Expect to it be bugged, and report any bugs if you encounter them, as they will be fixed during the patch timeline.

Oh, and remember to put 'BIN - Multiplayer Support' game logic to each MP mission to make Binmod work properly in multiplayer.