Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA release candidate build 78473

Animation changes opinions  

198 members have voted

1. 1. Animation changes opinions

• Like the animation changes?
    • Dislike the animation changes? (post which, why please)

Dear developers! Please answer my question! even in version 1.58 is not working WarFare modules, and hence do not work on the original maps Utes and Chernorus. in version 1.55 everything worked. This was done intentionally?

We love the standard mission WarFare2! RETURN them to us please :(!

sorry for bad english

Keep the animation speeds the same, but fix the grenade throw while walking, for the love of GOD.

Haven't people noticed that it's actually fixed in this RC.

About the animation speed-up:

It doesn't feel that bad in 1st person mode but looks pretty silly in 3rd. Maybe slight animation speed-up would be ok.

Reloading and preparing AT-launcher should take time. Of course the big problem with animations is that you can't break them once you started it. I wouldn't mind some ugly looking break from animation. In this case playability should go over good looks.

there's got to be a good reason that it hasn't been fixed/disabled yet.

After all, it's not like you guys don't point it out enough.

:p

:D lol!

Haven't people noticed that it's actually fixed in this RC.

No, it's not:

DyMyHJwoN3E

I think "Proper" mods give options for animation speeds, I have never found animation speeds wrong in anyway. In fact I remember the proper mods slowing some anims down like turn on prone which gave a heavier "feel" for weapons, so to even see them to be "speeded up" is just wrong in many ways.

This should be left to mods I think, BIS dont mess with that area for this patch, mods deal with it enough for people who want the changes rather than having it fixed permanent.

Edited by mrcash2009

voted no because of the too much speed up animations like crouch,prone,walk...

did i notice it right that jogging is now a little slower? i like this very much, now there is more difference between jogging and sprinting.

the massive performance dropdown while scoping is still destroying gameplay for me ...

the massive performance dropdown while scoping is still destroying gameplay for me ...

Have you tried changing the value for AToC in your ArmA2OA.cfg file from 7 to 0?

SLX had good tweaked speeds of animations if i remember

TrueMods does it to but, to be honest, I don't like any of the tweaks done to animations by mods so far. They're just like these ones - they look far too unnatural and break immersion entirely for me.

TrueMods does it to but, to be honest, I don't like any of the tweaks done to animations by mods so far. They're just like these ones - they look far too unnatural and break immersion entirely for me.

Although it still is their for those who want that "feel" as a mod "option" but I dont think it should ever slip into a patch or BIS official, bit of a can of worms really.

Have you tried changing the value for AToC in your ArmA2OA.cfg file from 7 to 0?

i actually play without AA, its pretty the same problem as with the last 3 betas (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114734), compared to 1.57 the fps drop while scoping through foliage is crazy (40-80%).

i tested the new animations a little longer and think its definitely not good for gameplay and looks very weird.

if you want to have faster transition from prone to crouch you need to make a new animation thats made for that purpose. do not speed up a animation by 200% - it looks like old movies.

edit - nice feature that all the arma logos are now displayed in main menu, not only the dlcs.

Edited by der.hannes

No, it's not:

Looks ok on my end:

vTWurgXHv8Y

No mods, OA-only (+DLC's) install.

Hm, by "OA only" you mean you don't have Arma 2 installed? Perhaps it's the combination of Arma 2 and OA that causes it then. I figured it may have been because at the time of my recording I was using mods, so I disabled them and tried it again just now, but the issue remained.

Good to see that the common sense wins over people who thought they installed Battlefield 2.

Makes me have faith in this community.

Keep the animation speeds the same, but fix the grenade throw while walking, for the love of GOD.

Not only I absolutely agree, but you made me laugh a little.

This really needs to be fixed. I died way too many times because of it.

And when will the loader in M1A2 be ready to do his reloading job instead of collecting bullets...? :d

Hm, by "OA only" you mean you don't have Arma 2 installed? Perhaps it's the combination of Arma 2 and OA that causes it then. I figured it may have been because at the time of my recording I was using mods, so I disabled them and tried it again just now, but the issue remained.

This is CO bug. In OA standalone all fine.

This is CO bug. In OA standalone all fine.
Hasn't this been reported before then?

Well, I just spent about 15 minutes playing with the old animations then the new ones. From the video that was posted I was worried that everything had just been sped up but actually the effect (from 1st person) is more subtle.

As a confirmed PvP player, I can see I prefer the 'feel' of the new animations although I can see why others think they look odd and some of them (eg, change to rocket launcher) are excessively fast.

There seems to be a misperception that PvP players want to turn the movement system into a CoD style glide-a-thon. This isn't actually the case - most of the players I know simply want to restore some of the responsiveness to the movements. For example, there was a small but very noticable control lag between hitting sprint and actually starting to move. Similarly, sideways movement was very slow to start. The new animations feel much better in this regard. So, for me it's an improvement and I appreciate the direction the devs are taking but I think a bit more thought is required to get it right.

One point about the poll... unfortunately the result is likely to be seriously skewed by the fact that very few people who regularly play online are going to download and test a release which is incompatible with existing servers. My suggestion would be to leave the new animations in for 1.58 then dial them back in further betas.

...I appreciate the direction the devs are taking but I think a bit more thought is required to get it right.

My suggestion would be to leave the new animations in for 1.58 then dial them back in further betas.

WTF? So all players have to live with them not right for months until 1.59 or come here and get the betas and mod their command line appropriately in the hope it'll be put right again? This needs to be left out of any official patch and instead delivered for extended trial and revision as an optional mod.

Like everyone had to deal with the sluggish animations since a1 1.0.

So you are saying you cannot bear a test period, while we had to for several years?

This changes are going in the right direction. Some changes are too much,

yet overall the game plays a lot better now.

So you are saying you cannot bear a test period, while we had to for several years?

So a minority are somehow owed the opportunity to force the majority to play their way? If isn't right it shouldn't be included in an official patch. If the concern is that not enough people have actually tried it then it should be separated out into a mod (SB suggested it's all config changes) and trialled/revised until the approval rating is 75% in favour, not pushed out while it's 75% against.