Sign in to follow this  
ArmAriffic

DLC DVD Pack

Yes, will buy, since I've been one of the complainers about DLC format only :p But, it "feels small", considering PMC campaign was playable without the DLC (but in bad quality), and the new "islands" are pretty small.

So the buying for me won't be because it's something I desperately need, but because I just want to give my support. Thanks for the heads up. Unexpected surprise :)

Still a bit skeptical about the date, lol :D

Edited by CarlGustaffa

I have all ready reserved my copy wooot ( I own BAF any ways but like you all so want to support BIS)

I have bought quite a few wargames by digital download.

I am comfy doing so.

For no logical reason, I was not comfy buying BAF or PMC by digital download.

I am keen to buy them on DVD.

My local EB website ( :AU) says will be available on 17th March !

-

I bought PMC DLC already not BAF, but depending on the price of the DVD will buy it providing the price is reasonable.

Reasoning is the same as many others here, I like to try support a developer who looks after their customers. That said....it's surely about time for some free content in the next patch : )

Thanks

Frosty

I have paid for the DLC's and enjoyed the content. However, I will buy the disc version if it turns out that the campaigns/missions on the discs are dePBO'able. Wich they weren't in the DLCs, wich was a huge disappointment. But the new units and vehicles are great!

Uh, it's highly unlikely that will be the case. BIS don't tend to work like that. ;)

...considering PMC campaign was playable without the DLC (but in bad quality), and the new "islands" are pretty small...

:confused: I can't play it with the lite version. There's only a teaser mission for me.

mmmmmmmm........does this mean that won't be more dlcs?

:confused: I can't play it with the lite version. There's only a teaser mission for me.

Full PMC campaign was included in 1.56 patch

I got 1.57

To experience the full campaign, please purchase Private Military Company

So... I doubt that.

They removed all missions but first in 1.57

In 1.56 I've managed to complete like 8 of them and didn't complete 9th because I got extremely bored.

Not a big loss really.

You can make a separate install of OA, install 1.56 and see for yourself

mmmmmmmm........does this mean that won't be more dlcs?
Now there's a glass half-empty sentiment if there ever was one, but I'll admit, it was the second thing that crossed my mind too, after finding out about this on the 7th. <The first being when it would be available from my local retailer.

_____

Thanks BIS, for looking after your customer base.

I'll buy it PROVIDED it's sold at Play Asia.

I use transfer for payment. It's rare to see other web based store accepts transfer. And shipping is free too to my country with play asia.

So the new standalone DVD "Arma 2: Reinforcements" includes a light version of OA + DLC BAF (full) + DLC PMC (full) + RC 1.58 (for veryfastmovers)?

Looking at the prices:

A2 ~ 30 EUR

OA ~ 30 EUR

A2+OA ~40 EUR

DLC A2: BAF ~9 EUR (online)

DLC A2: PMC ~9 EUR (online)

A2: Reinforcements ~30EUR (DVD)

What is the big difference ingame for people who have already OA or CO to pay 12 EUR more for the DVD version of BAF+PMC?

Is it sure that "A2: Reinforcements" wont make any trouble with current CO in MP? Will new customers get a message before mission start that they have only "A2: Reinforcements" but not the full version of Combined Operations (A2+OA)?

Hi, i guess that the Reinforcements will give you the option to not re-write the ArmA2 aswell the OA if you already have 'em, maybe it don't haves the OA's U.S. army units and only have the OA's OPFOR & RES units needed for the campaign; but that's just a guess... the PMC's campaign sure that requires the OA's yankee army units... so i don't know how they'll really solve this. What i know is that if this is like the OA... i wont buy it because it wont let me use the Mods/Addons that i use to improve the look and performance of the ArmA2; aside that i don't need the BAF and much less the PMC. Let's C ya

Yes, always want a hardcopy!

jmc

Yes, always want a hardcopy!

jmc

You can burn the downloads on a DVD making them a hardcopy. I doubt that the files on the reinforcements DVD will be changed.

Hell yes I would buy this.

I like to have a physical copy of my game. The combined operations box looked nice :D

Releasing this will combine the now seperated DLC community with the vanilla community.

So the new standalone DVD "Arma 2: Reinforcements" includes a light version of OA + DLC BAF (full) + DLC PMC (full) + RC 1.58 (for veryfastmovers)?

I wonder too what exactly it contains, i would guess that maybe the campaigns and missions from a2 and oa are missing but you still have all you need to enjoy MP Games. Pricing would make sense then.. However any official statement about what precisly is in it from a2/oa and what not? I guess more people are confused about this.

Pre-ordered it on Amazon.co.uk for 24£, I think it's kind of expensive but hey now that I can get a hard copy no reason not to buy it. :)

Let's just hope the € is going to apprise. :rolleyes:

Edited by dunedain