Sign in to follow this  
Michael Withstand

What's next after Arrowhead?

I'm thinking about another middle east expansion.

Specifically IDF and hypothetical middle eastern nation and faction. People who like the IDF would like the idea for being able to use some of the more exotic weaponry while those who loath the IDF would appreciate the game as well by having the chance to do some virtual damage to the ArmA 2 IDF faction by playing the opposing faction(Meh politicizing a game is stupid imo otherwise we wouldn't have had the chance to play so many WWII games, remember Nazism?)

Or go Asia with Korea background(thick Asia forest, desert and green mountain in one map anyone?) :rolleyes:

Do you have other idea?

IS next ArmA 2 installment coming?

Edited by Michael Withstand

Already mods that cover alot of areas, but a suggested area we never see is a columbian environment,

like drug lords, drug wars and the like.

Could always do a focus on the chechen war, or better yet when USSR invade Afghanistan dont know how far that would go,

we already have a Takistan and alot of other stuff to add that could fill in.

I know how about none of the above and concentrate on fixing the game, patches, and making animations

where there should be some. How about polishing the game.

I'd recommend BI to start making a new expansion or standalone expansion to ArmA 2. I for one as I believe many others too are definitely interested in buying another standalone expansion to this already high quality wargaming.

If I may suggest to include the previous DLCs into next standalone expansion.

Come on BI Another 50-60 bucks for your next standalone expansion. The engine is already there. Much of the system and weaponry are already in place and you could use a lot from what has been developed so far.

A new map, a new campaign, and a tad of new unique content would do the trick!... as long as the PC requirement remains the same or even improved(lowered) if possible. I'm hoping here :bounce3:

Are you saying they need to just recycle what they have already made, and "a tad of unique content", and then that's it, we have our expansion pack? No thank you, like Günter said, I'd rather they polish the game.

BIS should move away from deserts now, its been done. We need something new like Columbia, or Cuba something with drug cartels, and DEA or special forces something different.

Somalia?, and I think that one of the smaller army's (Like Germany or The Czech in OA) should be the ADF :)

Micro-cosm.

That way when things like bouncing tanks and walking thru walls occurs, it is all justifable-as anything is possible on the quantum level.

ArmA goes disco? :D
Sure. There was all kinds of interesting conflicts going on in the 70s, I think. Attack helicopters were just getting their start!

I think a snowy environment would be pretty cool addition to the map's :) we have seen this as an addon but would be great to have a large(ish) island like thirsk as a standard map for all to edit and use online.

I think a winter based map with a survival element in the story line with varied enough atmospheric effects to keep the bleak whiteness interesting could be really interesting. You'd of course have to have a blizzard- possibly get lost in a blizzard- at some point...

Are you saying they need to just recycle what they have already made, and "a tad of unique content", and then that's it, we have our expansion pack? No thank you, like Günter said, I'd rather they polish the game.

It was my attempt at swaying BI I know they will make a great game. They're all out even in churning patches :rolleyes:

I think a snowy environment would be pretty cool addition to the map's :) we have seen this as an addon but would be great to have a large(ish) island like thirsk as a standard map for all to edit and use online.

That would be GREAT!!!

I m really interested to see ArmA2(or/and OA) gets REALLY "polished"

while new features (AND scripting commands) will be added...

Maps are quite of effort and our community has MORE THAN CAPABLE members

to create ANYTHING..

*p.s. A improved set of "tools" will be more than welcome because they are

lots of people (like me) with a very "sensitive" nervous system-and it really

buggers me for a 'simple project' to must go through heaven and hell prior

to accomplish.

*p.s. A improved set of "tools" will be more than welcome because they are

lots of people (like me) with a very "sensitive" nervous system-and it really

buggers me for a 'simple project' to must go through heaven and hell prior

to accomplish.

What do you have in mind? They can't really automate the whole process for you.

Definitely winter based map or naval based expansion would be great.

ArmA goes disco? :D

yea

OFP could be played 6-8 years with mods, with creative people

now OA has not even half year (September 2010) and voices request NEW one ???

so many mods around, half year since OA released and ...

this "new community" is not creative at all

OFP could last for almost DECADE and people were creating things themselves

people want DLC, not mods, not addons, not make missions to addons to play it in SP or MP (enough missions saying properly)

now due to OA we have some incompatibility between A2 mods (what not happened in OFP time)

shame

if OFP could stand DECADE why after nearly half year, OA is not enough

or "new community" play only missions from instalation (BIS campaign) and than "i want new game, i want new game" ??? CoD style

mission editor not hurts, downloading free addons not hurt

download addons, make 50 custom SP missions instead "new expansion need"

mission editor really is not big problem, instead new expansion, we can have hundreds of missions like OFP era , just wake up creativity (which was OFP flag and OFP soil for nearly 10 years, even RTCW had huge modding , missionmaking scene )

IceBreaker makes islands, Old Bear makes islands, just take addons and make 50 SP mission for it :)

I really like the idea of Columbian drug cartel type of campaign, something totally different and an area of the world that hasnt been touched by the community (yet!).

If there was an expansion, I'd like to see a new "official" map or two, a new faction or two/some of the existing, smaller factions being expanded upon and some new equipment obviously. But I'd rather they just make what they have now work as well as possible, and if they have to, keep releasing that DLC to fund their operation. Of course, if that expansion does roll around, I'd like to see the all the DLC packaged with it as well ;)

And about the maps, probably a jungle and a winter map would be my choices, which would kind of suck because community members have made these kinds of maps and spent hours, days, (weeks, months?) on them, and then an official map is released and kind of takes that setting away from them.

The reason I'd want these maps is because my squad makes a point of not using anything "extra" unless every single member agrees on it, so new maps are kinda hard to squeeze in.

Wasn't there a screenshot of a summer-time European style map on ION? That's propably next. :)

What do you have in mind? They can't really automate the whole process for you.

Look..i m just too drunk right now to be more specific but..

@About engine code

As i (for coincidence) already stated in other topic here/today

we (for now at least) must live with the fact that BI will NOT give up their engine.

I don't have problem that BI will stick with their RV engine AS LONG they

keep upgrading the code to "modern" standards (and not a decade back standards)

THIS community has greater needs than a campaign and official mission

that BI gets proud to release.

(i never played ANY of those)

WE 'LL PAY YOU FOR THE TOOLS/MEANS..AND WE WILL BUILD OUR GAME..is MY moto

*Same goes for Official Tools

I do not have all-my-life's time to build a map in 3-4 months while with

the right official tools i can do it in a month maximum.

(Don't rush to criticize me..i have state of art external programs to "build

my work" but..)

..when "time comes" to implement my work 'into' game here starts the

'nightmare'.