Sign in to follow this  
Michael Withstand

What's next after Arrowhead?

European maps are my favourite. But, Europe is a very dense environment, perhaps some area like the Russia/China borderlands? In fact that scenario might be quite good, Russia vs China, I think we're all filled out with western content :)

So, a Russia vs China scenario, with possible western units in "peacekeeping" roles to keep the online active, and it gives BIS a good excuse to lose the "4-sides" (Blufor, Opfor, Resistance + Civilian) paradigm and move into user-made per-mission factions/sides.

Wasn't there a screenshot of a summer-time European style map on ION? That's propably next. :)

Yeah I saw that too, it had a river as well, or an estuary or something like that.

free bis made maps including more western European style maps on the scale of cherno and taki would be nice

I'd like to see another expansion pack compatible with Arma2 that not only improves features in Arma2 and OA but introduces new ones like...swimming under water. Introduce more animations for climbing out of water and onto banks, rocks or boats. Climbing over walls, ledges or other medium sized obstacles. Animations for sliding feet first on your hip toward cover but remaining in squat stance similar to Americas Army 3.

The South American Jungle with winding rivers and waterfalls sounds awesome. Of course the same terrain could be universal to Southeast Asia. I'd like to see The French Foreign Legion come into play as well as some African or South American Pirates.

We could use some more water battles with various vessels to accompany them.

And to put icing on the cake, Sharks, Dolphins, Whales, schools of fish(piranha included), Boa Constrictors, Pythons, Poisonous Spiders, Gorillas, Monkeys, Tigers. Essentially Mammals and Reptiles that actually pose a threat to players rather than just an obstacle.

yea

OFP could be played 6-8 years with mods, with creative people

now OA has not even half year (September 2010) and voices request NEW one ???

so many mods around, half year since OA released and ...

this "new community" is not creative at all

OFP could last for almost DECADE and people were creating things themselves

people want DLC, not mods, not addons, not make missions to addons to play it in SP or MP (enough missions saying properly)

now due to OA we have some incompatibility between A2 mods (what not happened in OFP time)

shame

if OFP could stand DECADE why after nearly half year, OA is not enough

or "new community" play only missions from instalation (BIS campaign) and than "i want new game, i want new game" ??? CoD style

mission editor not hurts, downloading free addons not hurt

download addons, make 50 custom SP missions instead "new expansion need"

mission editor really is not big problem, instead new expansion, we can have hundreds of missions like OFP era , just wake up creativity (which was OFP flag and OFP soil for nearly 10 years, even RTCW had huge modding , missionmaking scene )

IceBreaker makes islands, Old Bear makes islands, just take addons and make 50 SP mission for it :)

I couldn't have said it any better, vilas. :)

I enjoy great new content almost every day, thanks to a great community.

Isn't there a sticky for DLC suggestions anyways? Seems to be a new 'I want this' topic every day, with the same replies, from the same people, asking for the same thing they asked for two days ago.

Not trying to sound like an ass, I do like some of the suggestions... some of you do have good ideas. But like vilas said, explore what's already available and you might be surprised.

Anyways, whatever BIS does, they will get my support.

yea

OFP could be played 6-8 years with mods, with creative people

now OA has not even half year (September 2010) and voices request NEW one ???

so many mods around, half year since OA released and ...

this "new community" is not creative at all

OFP could last for almost DECADE and people were creating things themselves

people want DLC, not mods, not addons, not make missions to addons to play it in SP or MP (enough missions saying properly)

now due to OA we have some incompatibility between A2 mods (what not happened in OFP time)

shame

if OFP could stand DECADE why after nearly half year, OA is not enough

or "new community" play only missions from instalation (BIS campaign) and than "i want new game, i want new game" ??? CoD style

mission editor not hurts, downloading free addons not hurt

download addons, make 50 custom SP missions instead "new expansion need"

mission editor really is not big problem, instead new expansion, we can have hundreds of missions like OFP era , just wake up creativity (which was OFP flag and OFP soil for nearly 10 years, even RTCW had huge modding , missionmaking scene )

IceBreaker makes islands, Old Bear makes islands, just take addons and make 50 SP mission for it :)

Because ArmA 2 is too good not to have next standalone expansion :rolleyes:?!

How about destructible buildings? Ummmmmm :D

Fancy tearing a hole on the wall with that 7.62 mm? or that M107? Bang! Blood splattered . . .;)

Wasn't there a screenshot of a summer-time European style map on ION? That's propably next. :)

Link?

A fictive african area with a large map in the 40x40km class featuring savannah,, mountain, desert and some dense forrest areas with soem dividing streams or deltas, with the usual wild mix of western and russian Forces against a undefined opfor using a even wilder mix of all available equipment...you could even throw in some high tech contractors (south african, british, US, russian) on both sides with a lot of blood diamonds in the middle of it.

Link?

intro2.jpg

This looks almost exactly like stresky something or whatever they based chernarus off of.

F*ck yeah! Hopefully there are no US armed forces in that game. Europe ftw!

bis fix the game. mod community will do the expansions. iraq, afghanistan already have high quality maps on the horizon. someone's doing south ossetia as well.

When BIS makes add-ons they make it to the level of detail that community add-ons rarely reach. I always prefer using BIS vanilla stuff than having to mess with something like ACE and other third-party stuff. And ignoring that, there is a global level of support when they release add-ons, because everyone who owns the game automatically has to download it in the newest patch. Their offices have multiple sections, too. The company can make add-ons and fix bugs, haven't you ever thought about that. Honestly, think about the change from Arma 2 1.0 to Arma2 1.6 and how many things were fixed.

I would like to see a snow map as well.

With a redone weather system, really realistic snow particle system, That would look so beautiful and perhaps an improved lighting engine.

Content wise somthing like

1 island, 100km +

2 factions

Updated Opfor and New US Navy seals

features:

Weapon assembly animations

New AI behavior for clearing buildings and stacking

New Intuitive Squad Radial wheel for ordering faster orders

How many threads like this we already have here?

Please use one of the existing DLC discussion threads to share your ideas.