Sign in to follow this  
wolffy.au

Multi-Session Operations v3.3 is released!

Is there any way of tweaking the weather to lessen the chance of rain/fog?

The markers are normal. The question is, does it affect FPS when there are too many?

To be honest I've not noticed anything (other than slight warping/rubber-banding of civs movement). This was during a time where we've just started the server and are clearing the RASMAN area of the map, so its early days yet.

Should I notice anything over the coming days as/when we conduct further taskings I'll post back here.

Edited by LondonLad

The markers are normal. The question is, does it affect FPS when there are too many?

Heya mate, just to expand on the marker thing.

There are a LOAD of them. At a rough guess, I would say about 300 of them.

And they are all in a cluster of area that we haven't been near yet, within about a 3k radius. They are all on top of one another.

I'll grab a screenshot of it if you want it and if it's a bug, I'll post it up.

I'm looking for MSO Misison Testers -

- AAW/ACE Chernarus

- AAW/ACE Takistan

- US/CZ Terrorist Cells Zargabad

PM me if you're interested.

Is there any way of tweaking the weather to lessen the chance of rain/fog?

There is a Disable Fog option in the mission parameters.

;1903312']I'll grab a screenshot of it if you want it and if it's a bug' date=' I'll post it up.[/quote']

I have changed it now so if you destroy the cache, it will delete all its info markers.

---------- Post added at 02:50 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Release candidates up...

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files

I just want to send a big kudos and thank you to Tupolov (the maker of Qom Province), who has done a fantastic job on ambient air and sea traffic! I just witnessed my first civilian boats driving around Chernarus seas, that and the civilian aircraft and C130's landing on the airstrip - freekin awesome! Well done!!

It is part of v3.4, so keep your eyes peeled.

Nice news on the amibient air and boats ..... it has been a LONG TIME COMING !!!!

Latest Release Candidates up at DH.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/mso/files

If you want me to distribute your MSO as part of the release, just let me know. If you have previously submitted features or code to me, and haven't heard anything further from me - its because I've probably forgotten about it. Please remind me - I'm looking for stuff to add to the release after 3.4.

So far I have:

- WobblyheadedBob's FOB Multi-Spawn System

- ZoneKiller's Builder

- Norrin's Revive

Nice update so far :cool:

Really adds to it-seeing the ambient air/sea stuff! :)

How are the ? markers turned off?

There are so many of them that they make the map 100% unusable. They blot out everything. Seriously "destroying the cache" is no solution when there are caches in every second town. =)

Edit: I found the main.sqf in enemy\modules\crb_terrorists and the relevant section. I'll just remove Pogoman's code here and reckon the marker problem will go away.

Also echoing what flyer said on p.33 - vehicles (bicycles atm) are spawning irregularly in massive numbers. The MSO grinds to a halt after a few hours of gameplay. We'll try to put these things on dev-heaven, but would be much obliged if you can point us in any directions here.

Edit: Located main.sqf in core\modules\CEP_caching

I am wondering if there is potential to reduce computations here. Here is a sleep that is commented out, but I'm not sure if it matters at all -

} forEach allGroups;

{

if (!(_x in allGroups)) then {

// if(time > 0) then {sleep 30;};

cep_cached_grps = cep_cached_grps - [_x];

};

} forEach cep_cached_grps;

if(cep_stats != format["%1/%2 Cached Groups %3/%4/%5 Active/Suspended/Cached Units", count cep_cached_grps, count allGroups, (count allUnits) - cep_tls, cep_tls, cep_unit_count]) then {

cep_stats = format["%1/%2 Cached Groups %3/%4/%5 Active/Suspended/Cached Units", count cep_cached_grps, count allGroups, (count allUnits) - cep_tls, cep_tls, cep_unit_count];

diag_log format["MSO-%1 CEP Caching # %2", time, cep_stats];

if(_debug) then {hint format["MSO-%1 CEP Caching # %2", time, cep_stats];};

};

Still trying to find out where the vehicle spawning is and how it's running amok.

Edited by SCAJolly
Updating with new-found info

Hey m8s!

In Takistan 3.4beta i can confirm the lag issue from Fogu. I also noticed that somewhere there was Patrol (think it was mechanized) that was crazy-spawning vehicles (i couldnt even count em, think it must have been 100ts). it turns down performance to 1 frame/sec if you wait long enough. I wasnt able to take a screenshot or fraps it, cuz i had to kill the armaoa.exe process with taskmanager. But i could reproduce it mutliple times with restarting (i could not find the broken patrol anymore cuz there were too many over all). I can repr. easily by teleporting. Also i just tested in singleplayer (editor). ArmaOA.rpt shows no really heavy errors but to show the lag issue:

From...

"MSO-17.803 CEP Caching # 59/63 Cached Groups 148/36/17 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

it goes up to...

"MSO-292.535 CEP Caching # 144/149 Cached Groups 450/542/54 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

(edited: ...in about 15-20 seconds after teleporting).

and ends here on my last try....

"MSO-328.785 CEP Caching # 183/188 Cached Groups 54/1310/60 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

i havent had any lag issues in 3.31 ;). And i have no mods on (only CBA) and its an updated Arma2 CO (also tried with clean OA, same issue).

Maybe some hints where to look (i guess enemypop module main.sqf)? Or is this ment like this, and only my i5 with 6gigs RAM is too slow for it?

Guidance & Protection

Dave

Currently experiencing this mass-spawning of vehicles (bicycles) at the Airfield spawn area.

I notice the arma2oa process is at just over 1.3GB of RAM being utilised.

I have managed to take a few screenshots of it.

The system I am using is a HP Blade BL460c, 2*2.5GHz CPU (8Core), 2*146SFF 10k HDD, 16GB RAM, Win2008R2 x64

I want to add, actually, the bicycles were not spawned initially by BIS_fnc_spawnVehicle or anything: We had two bikes in base. These, after a few hours of gameplay, began to spawn more bikes on top of themselves.

i'm still getting hostile terrorists, and hostile civilians, spawning

within 10-20 meters, sometimes within my Fire Team's perimeter.

I think this was mentioned previously, but i saw no solutions

recommended.

Any suggestions?

i'm still getting hostile terrorists, and hostile civilians, spawning

within 10-20 meters, sometimes within my Fire Team's perimeter.

I think this was mentioned previously, but i saw no solutions

recommended.

Any suggestions?

Fogu wrote this - try it and get back to us if it doesn't work.

check \enemy\modules\rmm_enemypop\main.sqf

in Line 14 make _debug = true to false

and CHECK enemy\modules\zora\main.sqf

in Line 18 Debug has to be false

Video link or it didn't happen :)

I'm sure it's all a cunning excuse for NDing a bus with an at4

The marker problem out of the way, I tried to solve the vehicle respawn problem. No easy thing, but our RPT shows faults in lines 131, 141, 144 and 147 of \support\scripts\vehicle.sqf

Something is making a pre-placed vehicle respawn at an incredible rate. However as has earlier been signalled (Fogul and rest), newly spawned dynamic groups' vehicles can ALSO fall to this. This is a mission-wrecking problem. Something is spawning something and not stopping once it's spawned. enemypop\main.sqf and fn_randomGroup.sqf seem plausible culprits, but can only account for amazing numbers of AI (PICTURE showing a -few-) - not for 'static' vehicles like our bikes. - http://i944.photobucket.com/albums/ad288/scajolly/Carious/ArmA2OA2011-04-2418-48-12-33.jpg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to vehicle.sqf, the initialisation field for a bike (and for many other vehicles) is like this:

0 = [this, 21600, 99999] execVM "support\scripts\vehicle.sqf";

RPT errors: 144, 147, 131, 141

Error Generic error in expression

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\support\scripts\vehicle.sqf, line 144

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <nit;};

sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;

sleep 2;

_unit = _type createVehicle _po>

Error position: <sleep 2;

_unit = _type createVehicle _po>

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\support\scripts\vehicle.sqf, line 147

Error in expression <)

) then {

_timeout = time + _deserted;

sleep 0.1;

waitUntil {_timeout < time or>

Error position: <sleep 0.1;

waitUntil {_timeout < time or>

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\support\scripts\vehicle.sqf, line 131

Error in expression <en {sleep 0.1; _nodelay = false;} else {sleep _delay;};

if (_dynamic) then {_pos>

Error position: <sleep _delay;};

if (_dynamic) then {_pos>

File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Takistan\support\scripts\vehicle.sqf, line 141

Error in expression <t; _effect setPosASL getPosASL _unit;};

sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;

sleep 2>

Error position: <sleep 0.1;

deleteVehicle _unit;

sleep 2>

I can't tell if this is a problem related to the spawning, or just a symptom of the bikes spawning atop one another and killing each other with such frequence that the sqf goes haywire.

Edited by SCAJolly

Fogu wrote this - try it and get back to us if it doesn't work.

check \enemy\modules\rmm_enemypop\main.sqf

in Line 14 make _debug = true to false

and CHECK enemy\modules\zora\main.sqf

in Line 18 Debug has to be false

Both were already set to False.

(using the latest release candidates)

anything else to try?

It's a bit late now, so this might be a dead end. I'll be sure to revise it in the morning, but was hoping for more clearsighted input from you, the more experienced scripters.

There is a piece of kit that is called by enemypop\Main, found in \core\functions\common\fn_randomGroup.sqf. Itself calls BIS_fnc_SpawnGroup.

randomGroup.sqf is called by \enemy\modules\rmm_enemypop\Main.sqf, at

while{isNil "_group"} do {

_group = [_pos2, _type, MSO_FACTIONS] call mso_core_fnc_randomGroup;

Now, I'm much too tired to work it out, but does any of this (the WHOLE of both sqfs, the end of randomGroup is below) open up for an insane number of repeats, or for _grps to be a near-infinite number? I'm thinking there should be a condition and quantity-check in Main.sqf.

end of fn_randomGroup.sqf:

_grps = [];

_s = switch(_side) do {

case resistance: {"Guerrila";};

case civilian: {"Civilian";};

default {str _side;};

};

//hint str _s;

_grpx = count(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> _s >> _fac >> _type);

for "_y" from 1 to _grpx - 1 do {

_grps = _grps + [(configFile >> "CfgGroups" >> _s >> _fac >> _type) select _y];

};

//hint str _grps;

_grp = _grps select floor(random count _grps);

//player globalChat format["%1 %2 %3 %4", _pos, _s, _side, _grp];

_spawnGrp = [_pos, _side, _grp] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

if(_side == civilian) then {

[_spawnGrp, _pos] spawn {

_spawnGrp = _this select 0;

_pos = _this select 1;

while{true} do {

_wp = _spawnGrp addWaypoint [_pos, 0];

_wp setWaypointType "DISMISS";

_wp setWaypointBehaviour "SAFE";

sleep 300;

};

};

};

By the way, wolffy, we find it very easy to reproduce the error. Basically we just leave the airbase's ~2km zone, see FPS drop after a few minutes, and then somewhere on the map will be a huge load of enemies just multiplying.

Are these errors above in the Release Candidate available atm? Dated 24/4?

Basically, I'm not going to look into the issue if I've already fixed it. Get back to me and confirm. I suspect I've fixed it already, as I had a timing issue between caching and enemypop, where enemy were being generated 4x faster than cache was caching them.

Let me know if any of the issue posted before this post are still present in 24/4 Release candidate.

The latest RC had no enemy prescence at all, I'll check with debug off tonight

The latest RC had no enemy prescence at all, I'll check with debug off tonight

Which mission?

Are these errors above in the Release Candidate available atm? Dated 24/4?

Basically, I'm not going to look into the issue if I've already fixed it. Get back to me and confirm. I suspect I've fixed it already, as I had a timing issue between caching and enemypop, where enemy were being generated 4x faster than cache was caching them.

Let me know if any of the issue posted before this post are still present in 24/4 Release candidate.

Will get back to you at some point today on that Wolffy.au just to double check we were using the RC (I think we were using the latest 3.4 beta).

Bugs reproduced with new RC sqfs on custom mission. Bugs also reproduced on stock mission template (baf-usa).

Apache left base, after going some 3km FPS went down. Debug reported 800+ units. "MSO-1218.18 CEP Caching # 199/210 Cached Groups 55/822/109 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

When flying to and over the group,

"MSO-1504.68 CEP Caching # 198/209 Cached Groups 652/264/89 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

Test only lasted quarter of an hour. Normally cache grows to ~1100 in the first hour.

Pictures: Map1, map2, and 3d.

Don't know if it matters, but there was one entry for undefined variable in spawnGroup.sqf

Here are some photos of stock mission (baf-usa) going haywire after a few minutes: map picture and another.

After some minutes in the game, server RPT says "MSO-502.284 CEP Caching # 213/224 Cached Groups 1190/169/82 Active/Suspended/Cached Units"

In conclusion, reproducing this error is easy.

Edited by SCAJolly

I can reproduce the weird spawning thing also in RC candidate (Takistan) from 24/4 several times - to be exact: it happens everytime when i test it. I think it's mission breaking since FPS drop to 0 on server and in singleplayer if you enter the area where the spawning happens.