Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

If i run CBA_AO only, as soon as I enter the game it gives me a message that mod folder @CBA is missing and I need to enable it and restart.

Hi, I download the last version of ACE2 (1.9rc1), and , where is the broken_radio (ACE_BrokenRadio) of ACE2 object list?

=(

Edited by D3lta

Hi guys i think i've found a bug.Since i'm not playing with the last version(i'm using 1.8 stable) i'm not sure if it's fixed in newest one.Otherwise a new ticket is needed.

the bug is this

75Rnd_545x39_RPK

ACE_75Rnd_545x39_S_RPK

ACE_75Rnd_545x39_T_RPK

those magazines are supposed to contain 75 round but if you fire single shot and count bullets you'll realize you can fire only 45 bullets.this fubarized my pvp mission because of lack of fire volume,only 45 bullets vs 200 and 100 from the 249 and M240.

Other bug:in the classlist appear also this drum magazine

75Rnd. RPK

that i assume must be at least compatible with rpk instead it's only compatible with AK series.

i hope i had not said BS...

75Rnd_545x39_RPK

ACE_75Rnd_545x39_S_RPK

ACE_75Rnd_545x39_T_RPK

those magazines are supposed to contain 75 round but if you fire single shot and count bullets you'll realize you can fire only 45 bullets.this fubarized my pvp mission because of lack of fire volume,only 45 bullets vs 200 and 100 from the 249 and M240.

I think that the 45 round magacine its normal, it was changed a long time ago( don't remember why :P)

I recently tried out jcove again. One thing that was spot on was the weapon wandering. The guy that made zeus ai released an weapon wandering mod but it hasn't been developed for a while.

Any chance of ACE implementing this fundamental aspect to firearm combat? and working it to the degree of realism that ACE adds to Amra2?

Hi, I download the last version of ACE2 (1.9rc1), and , where is the broken_radio (ACE_BrokenRadio) of ACE2 object list?

=(

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17787

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

You must not activate more than 1 CBA.As written in the docu,you have to run only the CBA compatible with your game installation.

So

CBAOA if you have only a copy of OA standalone

CBAA2 if you have only arma2 installed

CBA if you have combined operation(A2+OA)

Plus,don't activate addons using the internal game launcher,use dedicated launchers or the old string method instead

If i run CBA_AO only, as soon as I enter the game it gives me a message that mod folder @CBA is missing and I need to enable it and restart.

From the Readme:

What do I need?

===============

* You should always install the @CBA mod folder by copying it to your ArmA II installation

folder.

* If you have a "merged", Combined Operations installation with both the old ArmA II

content and the new Arrowhead expansion, you're done - you only need the @CBA mod folder.

* If you have a standalone Operation Arrowhead installation, you need both the @CBA

and the @CBA_OA folders loaded.

* If you only have the older ArmA II installed, you need both the @CBA and the

@CBA_A2 folders loaded.

Check all your modfolders and delete all CBA_ addons like Extended_Eventhandlers.pbo found in non @CBA modfolders.

And make sure the installed version of @CBA is the latest.

Edited by Sickboy

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17787

---------- Post added at 08:34 ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 ----------

Thanks Sickboy. I hope that resources backs again in a next update of ACE, is a valuable object.

Best regards.

D3lta

Thanks Sickboy. I hope that resources backs again in a next update of ACE, is a valuable object.

Best regards.

D3lta

It is as the ticket is marked resolved and you can already download the fix from it too.

How come its not possible for guns with lasers and lights to work together?

How come its not possible for guns with lasers and lights to work together?

Ask BIS about it..

I can't remember what addon it was (some british weapons) and they solved the problem so that you can use irlaser together with flashlight. I hope someday the ace developers will find an solution too. Definately worth it.

I can't remember what addon it was (some british weapons) and they solved the problem so that you can use irlaser together with flashlight. I hope someday the ace developers will find an solution too. Definately worth it.
There are no solutions, only workarounds. We do not like the workarounds - we even had them back in ACE1 for A1, or ACE2 for A2 (original).

Ask BIS to lift the limitation.

Hi I am sorry I did check the ACE site and have all so used six updater to see if the fix is added as a hot fix but nope.

The wind direction arrow is still missing on my version of ACE I have looked to see if it was added as a hot fix but dont seem to be or I cant find it.

Would it be possible to get the hot fix as I am all ways sniper.

Thanks

Hi I am sorry I did check the ACE site and have all so used six updater to see if the fix is added as a hot fix but nope.

The wind direction arrow is still missing on my version of ACE I have looked to see if it was added as a hot fix but dont seem to be or I cant find it.

Would it be possible to get the hot fix as I am all ways sniper.

Thanks

SU won't be updated off-schedule unless there are critical errors.

Fix available @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17744

But you guys could add in both lights and lasers in two separate buttons, maybe 'L' for lights and double tap L for lasers?

But you guys could add in both lights and lasers in two separate buttons, maybe 'L' for lights and double tap L for lasers?

We all wish that was possible but I think its impossible with the current ARMA engine.

It was added and suggested on the ACE2 site ages ago and declined due to ARMA engine limitations :(

What part of ask BIS don't you get it? Atm, using OA memory points and configs, you can have one or the either. NOT both at the same time (and it is not a matter of available buttons). The workarounds (which were available on A2 ACE flashlights) are not worth the downsides (my own POV on the matter, not ACE)

You can always vote on the existing CIT issue on this matter :rolleyes:

Edited by PuFu

I think that the 45 round magacine its normal, it was changed a long time ago( don't remember why :P)

so no more 75 rounds mag?

it's a bit nonsense using RPK with 45 rnd mag vs a M249 with 100/200 rnd in his mag...

so no need to open ticket because of no bug but i think the classlist library should be updated at least.

What part of ask BIS don't you get it? Atm, using OA memory points and configs, you can have one or the either. NOT both at the same time (and it is not a matter of available buttons). The workarounds (which were available on A2 ACE flashlights) are not worth the downsides (my own POV on the matter, not ACE)

You can always vote on the existing CIT issue on this matter :rolleyes:

Well sorry then. :(

so no more 75 rounds mag?

it's a bit nonsense using RPK with 45 rnd mag vs a M249 with 100/200 rnd in his mag...

so no need to open ticket because of no bug but i think the classlist library should be updated at least.

RPK 74 doesn't have 75rnd mag (In real life) but 45rnd per mag.

This mag is only for RPK (7.62* 39).

So it's not a nonsense ;)

Hi all please help.

My mate has just got combined ops on steam we are having all sorts of issues and as I aint near him I cant figure it out at all as I have never used the steam version of ARMA/OA.

He can launce OA and get the option to start as OA or combined ops.

In the six updater GUI @ACE_RU is all ways black we have fixed that issue by forcing the preset to A2/OA combined ops now all the ACE mods are green.

But when he clicks create desktop short cut its blank and does not even recognise the short cut as a short cut please help :(

Perhaps it's too long -mod= list for shortcuts - general windows limitation, especially with seperate arma2 install,

just use the Startgame action instead.

You can configure all the startup parameters of arma in the 'Edit Tools' -> 'Profile' Ribbon up top.

Update: ah but also found an issue with the updater and shortcuts with paths as modfolders, on it;

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17801

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:35 ----------

Solved in latest lib update - please restart the software: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17801

Still, it's best to use a launcher, the one in SU or another one - windows shortcuts has limits - especially filled up fast when using seperate arma2 and oa install ;-)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks again sickboy e managed to get it working.

We had a great time tonight he was amazed at all the ACE features :).

Keep up the great work.