Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I dont know why i bother to post here because half the time I am ignored.

But if some one does bother to read this then I posted this problem a few pages back with a video clip.

But as some one just said its an ARMA2 problem?.

But if some one does bother to read this then I posted this problem a few pages back with a video clip.

I'm not sure either. No where does it say that you're entitled to anything. People are free to discuss, but no one is obligated to rush to your aid. If you want to actually get issues solved, then the answer is in the first post.

Bug reports/feedback/suggestions on our issue tracker please:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Please read this, reporting things properly can only benefit everyone. Provide RPT and steps to reproduce an issue, and the team generally can fix it quickly. If you'd rather not use the site, that's fine, it's your choice. Just like it's our choice to not attempt to deal with tracking bugs on these forums.

I just did a test. I used only Arma 2 CO 1.57. I observed exactly the same result as in your vid.

Following the acesome example of http://armastack.info, we now have our piece of armastack online, kindly provided by Soul Assassin; http://ace.armastack.info

(The user database is shared with the original armastack.info site - so no need to re-register if you already did there)

The site is mostly for users by users, we'll be answering questions as well, and will accumulate information into the WAGN documentation.

Few examples:

Edited by Sickboy

I downloaded what I thought was ACE version 1.8 from Armaholic. I tried it from other mirrors as well. When I start a game, a message is displayed:

Warning: ACEX requires ACE_MAIN at version [1, 5, 1] (or higher) You have [1, 3, 0, 373]

What's up with that? I thought I had the most current version, since I followed the link to download.

Edited by postman84

you downloaded the last stable of ACE for arma2(1.3) OA last stable is 1.8

here is my problem instead:

some people got this error playing a mission made by me.

Addon ace_sys_magazines (entry ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag) not found in the list of active addons.

i made the mission using files of last stable(CBA,ACE,ACEX,ACEXSM,ACEXRU,ACEXNAVY)

me and others players had the same addons loaded and running.

Why this error?And how to solve it?

Edited by Zio Sam

Hi I have the other version of ace and I Cant se the Empty Shells of the ammo. How can I enable this effects?

I just encountered the bug of CTD while spawning the M88A so I went to dev-haven to open a ticket, but I saw it allready solved. Great job guys.

some people got this error playing a mission made by me.

Addon ace_sys_magazines (entry ACE_30Rnd_556x45_S_Stanag) not found in the list of active addons.

i made the mission using files of last stable(CBA,ACE,ACEX,ACEXSM,ACEXRU,ACEXNAVY)

me and others players had the same addons loaded and running.

Why this error?And how to solve it?

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17661

Next time please create a ticket incl requested details (rpt file); http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

---------- Post added at 08:00 ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 ----------

I just encountered the bug of CTD while spawning the M88A so I went to dev-haven to open a ticket, but I saw it allready solved. Great job guys.
:cool:

I did look on the ACE wiki and it still says that

shift+H changes the grenade throw mode I cant seem to get that to work?.

Thanks

Hi. I Cant see the Empty Shells. How Can I enable this Option? I see it in the Trailer Video

Is there a guide for the new artillery system. I saw somewhere that someone is (has) made one but I cannot find it.

why has fast roping function been removed from MV-22 Osprey? In latest ACE

why has fast roping function been removed from MV-22 Osprey? In latest ACE

Doesn't seem to be removed;

class MV22: Plane {
	ACE_canFastrope = 1;
	ACE_RopeAttachment[] = {{0,-5,-2.1},{1.2,3.5,-2.4}};
};

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17682

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

Is there a guide for the new artillery system. I saw somewhere that someone is (has) made one but I cannot find it.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Artillery

---------- Post added at 07:55 ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 ----------

Hi. I Cant see the Empty Shells. How Can I enable this Option? I see it in the Trailer Video

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

---------- Post added at 07:56 ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 ----------

I did look on the ACE wiki and it still says that

shift+H changes the grenade throw mode I cant seem to get that to work?.

Thanks

Not available currently, Q11 has a new system in the works that works with the variable throwing power.

tested with several ppl on a server tonight during our MV-22 training days. None of us were able to fast rope no matter what we did, just for grins tried it on the Venom and it worked flawlessly.

So it appears to be a bug then, if fastrope function was not removed from it...

I get errot message:

Include file userconfig/ace/ace_clientside_config.hpp not found.

I have OA installed over vanilla arma II both from cd.

I tried by installing downloadable files and also with Six Updater 2.1dev.

I get errot message:

@ACE > Store > Userconfig.winrar, extract to root folder

I get errot message:

Unpack bug in Six Updater. Please restart the Six Updater to get latest auto-self-update, then rerun Install Or Update action and all will be well.

I was wondering if it's possible (for you guys or me) to seperate the automatic medical equipment to units from the ACE WOUNDING SYSTEM? When enabling the ACE wounding system, all units get 2 bandages and medics get the other stuff.

REASON is that when using "remove all weapons this", it does not remove medical gear. A unit with no equipment will always have 2 bandages and medics have full medical gear. And I can't edit missions with those specifics. Unless you recently changed anything.

Is it possible to create a "ADD AUTOMATIC MEDICAL GEAR" module to add to the wounding system?

Should i create a ticket?

I was wondering if it's possible (for you guys or me) to seperate the automatic medical equipment to units from the ACE WOUNDING SYSTEM? When enabling the ACE wounding system, all units get 2 bandages and medics get the other stuff.

REASON is that when using "remove all weapons this", it does not remove medical gear. A unit with no equipment will always have 2 bandages and medics have full medical gear. And I can't edit missions with those specifics. Unless you recently changed anything.

Is it possible to create a "ADD AUTOMATIC MEDICAL GEAR" module to add to the wounding system?

Should i create a ticket?

Normally a ticket would be excellent, yet you're asking for already existing functionality :)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounds_Overhaul#Overrides

You can disable the medical gear per unit or globally.

Uhm, Not even sure if this is the right place to post this but any idea why the EASA-modules' "FARP" function won't work correctly?

I recently got a server from Art of War. An arma2 combined ops server. It is updated to the most recent patch (1.57) and is working correctly, except when I try to run ACE. Every time I add @ace and @acex to the command line the server crashes and wont even start up. I am currently using the latest ACE release (466).

Any ideas? Thanks :)

You got @cba all so?

Yes here's the server command line:

-mod=C:\game\yuzkoff\GameServers\TC57262761784625322883065;EXPANSION;CA;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@aaw_oa;@jtd;@ldl;@lingor;@sthud;@stmovement

EDIT:

everything works as long as the @ace and @acex addons aren't loaded. When they are the server crashes. I've tried running it with only @cba, @ace, and @acex and it still crashes, so it is definitely ACE

Edited by zuff