Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I can run SIX in no auto-update mode, it's telling me that my version of @ACE is up to date, but on joining a server I am one version behind. When I click the sync button in SIX it gives me this message:

Sync will not work until DH is back up again.

Click on "Run Updater" lower half of the button so opens the menu. Select the "Reset" action instead.

You should read the version number in the window title, and left down. See http://i56.tinypic.com/2drv1ih.png

Here's the latest setup in case you don't have SU 2.1/2.2dev; http://www.multiupload.com/PZLDKNHRS9

Edited by Sickboy

That has got ACE up to the latest version.

Thanks Sickboy.

:thumbsup:

I've been having another problem with ace for a some time (since I installed it a few months ago) and I was hoping it would work after updates eventually but it doesn't...

First, I can't use the crew served weapons. I can deploy an M3 tripod for example and it works, then if I put an M2 machine gun bag in my gear and try to interact with the tripod I get no options.

Same deal with the C4 and Satchel charges, I can place them on the round but I can't detonate them.

I've been having another problem with ace for a some time (since I installed it a few months ago) and I was hoping it would work after updates eventually but it doesn't...

First, I can't use the crew served weapons. I can deploy an M3 tripod for example and it works, then if I put an M2 machine gun bag in my gear and try to interact with the tripod I get no options.

Same deal with the C4 and Satchel charges, I can place them on the round but I can't detonate them.

There's self-interaction and interact-with-other-objects. You're probably only using self-interaction.

Are you using the other interaction button? To deploy things you carry use the self interaction menu. Then once they are placed on the ground you use the interaction button. Then the CSW menu and the explosives are selectable.

EDIT:

Damn Sickboy was faster. :)

Do you mean the right windows key? My keyboard has no right windows key only a left one.

Do you mean the right windows key? My keyboard has no right windows key only a left one.

Then you probably want to assign the left windows key to the Interact With Others action in the ACE Settings dialog ;)

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

EDIT:

Damn Sickboy was faster. :)

:cool: Edited by Sickboy

facepalm_picard2.jpg?w=360&h=240

I should have asked ages ago..

THANKYOU again :p

Fixed

There's self-interaction and interact-with-other-objects. You're probably only using self-interaction.

Too many people seem to be having this "issue". Have you considered maybe merging the 2 keys?

Hi there,

My first post and therefore a hearty hello to the community. I have recently re-discovered ARMA II and even more recently the ACE2 mod. I am loving the experience!

I have a question though! I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the answer...

I am using the excellent six-updater to configure my ARMA II system. This has given me most of what I need but I noticed that it does not have all the mods I want (i.e a bunch of Royal Air Force stuff I got from Armaholics). Is there a way to configure six-updater to pick up these extra mods in conjunction with the mods I have selected inside six-updater? Currently I am simply lumping all the pbo's from Armaholics into the addons directory of ARMA II which I know is not the best option (as it means I can't run specific configurations using these mods).

Sincere aplogies if this has been asked before, but I honestly searched the whole weekend and could not find an answer. This is probably because I am new and am not fully understanding the terminology yet!!

Thanks in advance!

I have a serious AI problems which not only in ace but zincs i play only with ace would be grateful if guys help me.

AI heli gunner sometimes ignores ground targets totally , marked and non marked.

AI sometimes ignores order to waypoint ,it just stands in one place.

AI dying but not really dying...they would just stand in place after they were killed....the only way to remove from group list is go there and shoot in head :rolleyes:

I have latest beta 78413 ,Arma 2 OS,BAF and PMC.We used to play Domi,Warfarbenny Ace versions on private server.

We use only Ace no other addons.

Edited by fidai

Too many people seem to be having this "issue". Have you considered maybe merging the 2 keys?

We've even considered it without people having the issue - but the issue with that is that you loose the control of being able to self-interact when you are near an interactable object.

Perhaps another idea would be to have APP-Key for self interact like now, while shift+ APP-Key for interact-with-others? Or something similair :)

---------- Post added at 20:42 ---------- Previous post was at 20:40 ----------

I have a serious AI problems which not only in ace but zincs i play only with ace would be grateful if guys help me.

Please create a ticket with repro steps and preferably a repro mission.

If possible if the same mission can run with and without ACE - for easy comparison, it would be great.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Suppose I better give something back to the community

I have a question though! I have searched and searched and cannot seem to find the answer...

Hi Jedra, as you're getting started with arma 2 mods you MUST learn to use mod folders, here is a video showing you how to use them:

Remember to put a ; semicolon between the @mod folders in your shortcut if you have more than one.

Also about sixupdater. six updater works through a series of servers which host all of the mods in the list you see in six updater, there isn't a way to add mods that aren't on that list, it's up to the server to decide whether they want to host it. An alternative program for keeping mods up to date is YOMA, have a look at that. Just make sure that the mod you want to download has a YOMA repository. Only download and update ACE through SIX!

Hope that helps.

Hi there,

I am using the excellent six-updater to configure my ARMA II system. This has given me most of what I need but I noticed that it does not have all the mods I want (i.e a bunch of Royal Air Force stuff I got from Armaholics). Is there a way to configure six-updater to pick up these extra mods in conjunction with the mods I have selected inside six-updater? Currently I am simply lumping all the pbo's from Armaholics into the addons directory of ARMA II which I know is not the best option (as it means I can't run specific configurations using these mods).

Sincere aplogies if this has been asked before, but I honestly searched the whole weekend and could not find an answer. This is probably because I am new and am not fully understanding the terminology yet!!

Thanks in advance!

Heya and welcome!

Currently there are 2 options to include custom mods:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Using%20custom%20(non%20SU)%20mods

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Also checkout the latest on Six Updater 2.2 progress @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1869847&postcount=194

Edited by Sickboy

Heya and welcome!

Currently there are 2 options to include custom mods:

• In the Presets datagrid, at your favorite preset, scroll to the right, find the Mod field, double click in it, and add the modfolders you wish to load extra.
    Example: @mod1;@mod2;@mod3
    Press enter to confirm the change.
  • Select your favorite Profile, click at Edit Tools, on Profile.
    At the right side, "Additional Options" ribbon group, you will find the "mod" startup parameter. You can add mods here, in the same way as in Presets.
    Example: @mod1;@mod2;@mod3
    Press enter to confirm the change.

Setting it at the profile, will enable the custom mods for all Presets that use the profile.

I'm planning to improve this soon: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/17825

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:46 ----------

Also checkout the latest on Six Updater 2.2 progress @ http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1869847&postcount=194

Excellent - thanks Sickboy - that's exactly what I was looking for!

@Trezza - thanks for your reply too. I had originally put all the mods in mod folders but then could not figure out how to launch them from six-updater. Rest assured now that the man himself has given me the solution I will be setting up the mod folders again!

I am so loving this game now!

i remember having following problem once allready but i dont know how i fixed it:

if i turn my NV on its very bright for a secound but then even with 89% standart brightness its very dark. is this a known issue or am i doing something wrong?

Addon CATracked_BAF requires addon CAtracked_E

When i start arma oa with ace mod i have this error: Addon CATracked_BAF requires addon CAtracked_E. When i click OK, game starts, and everything is allright, but i can't play almost any single oa vanilla mission. When i try to start i have error that i can't play this mission because it needs data, that was changed/deleted. And i don't have T-55 tank in editor. All was downloaded by Six updater 2.2dev.

Addon CATracked_BAF requires addon CAtracked_E

When i start arma oa with ace mod i have this error: Addon CATracked_BAF requires addon CAtracked_E. When i click OK, game starts, and everything is allright, but i can't play almost any single oa vanilla mission. When i try to start i have error that i can't play this mission because it needs data, that was changed/deleted. And i don't have T-55 tank in editor. All was downloaded by Six updater 2.2dev.

How do you start the game?

It would seem that somehow the expansion/addons folder isn't loaded, please create a ticket with the updater logs and I think we can figure it out rather quick; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+Bug_Reporting

I'm starting game by deskop shorcut with: "F:\Program Files\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -noSplash -noFilePatching -showScriptErrors "-mod=@CBA;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU"

What happens if you let the updater start the game?

Perhaps another idea would be to have APP-Key for self interact like now, while shift+ APP-Key for interact-with-others? Or something similair :)

For myself I already have it set up like that. But in any case what I meant by merging was that the menus will be merged as well, so when you are near an intractable object you will get both and interaction self-interaction menu options, possibly with some line that separates between them.

For myself I already have it set up like that. But in any case what I meant by merging was that the menus will be merged as well, so when you are near an intractable object you will get both and interaction self-interaction menu options, possibly with some line that separates between them.
Perhaps an option though personally I prefer the split menu, rather would have the button setup with shift-state etc.

Please create a ticket on the matter and we shall iron it out for v1.10