Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

ACE 1.8 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

My Six Updater 2.1 doesn't seem to find any ACE updates. Aside from changing the action process (Install or Update, and Process keys)

I haven't changed anything with SU 2.1 before or after the previous ACE update. Tried with or without the firewall on and syncing servers, if that's of any relevant use.

19:40:53: Saving...

19:40:53: Executing Install or Update, and Process keys...

Updater (v0.23.0) by Sickboy <sb_at_dev-heaven.net>

Run with --help for help

WARNING: Please make sure anything ArmA related has been closed / shutdown, incl explorer windows, etc

ArmA Path: c:/program files/bohemia interactive/arma 2

ArmA exe: arma2oa.exe

Manager for: @CBA;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX;@ACE;@ACEX_SM;@ACEX_RU

Preprocessing:

Processing:

= @CBA

Already installed, trying to update...

Mod is tagged 'skip' in the configuration file. Skipping...

Found keys, processing...

= @ACEX_USNavy

= @CBA_OA

Mod is tagged 'disabled' in the configuration file. Skipping...

= @CBA_A2

= @ACEX

= @ACE

= @ACEX_SM

= @ACEX_RU

Postprocessing:

Processing general tasks:

Ready!

My current versions are @ACE 463, @ACEX 312, @ACE_SM 84, @ACE_RU 34 & @ACE_USNavy 37

Resolved.

Edited by colossus

They are all unchecked, if that's what you mean. They are normally automatically tagged as 'Skip' if there is no updates, and will be untagged 'Skip' when it finds one.

I think it works roughly like this: The servers with mod version(s) numbered higher (for example @ACE 466) then your mod version(s) on the computer (@ACE 463) tells the Six Updater to untag 'Skip' or 'Disable' for it to update the mod(s) on your computer. Unless it's forced upon by the client (i.e. you or me). I assume it is to prevent Six Updater from downloading the same version you already have over and over again. Not sure if it's right though ^^

EDIT: No matter. Seems to be working like it should now. After the 4th restart of the program it seems to be in sync with the mirrors again.

Edited by colossus

EDIT: No matter. Seems to be working like it should now. After the 4th restart of the program it seems to be in sync with the mirrors again.
Just click 'Sync' (not sync (gamespy) servers) next time instead of restarting 4 times over 20 minutes time before the auto-sync kicks in again :D Edited by Sickboy

Hi thanks for the update.

I have a question I was just a on MP server and as you will see from video I was about 1 click from friendly tank that is on the hill to my right.

Any ways on the first shot of the tank the shell impacted and then you heard the sound of the tank fire which I think is right as the shell will be travelling faster then speed of sound

BUT

every shot after that the hear the tank fire then the shell hit?.

I am sorry if this is not meant to go here.

I use just the core ACE mod

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACE_RUS

@ACE_SM

etc etc.

Thanks

Hi guys,i'm wondering if it's possible to remove the ACE medical system from a mission.Right now,it seems that also with no modules activated in the editor,if you get shoot,you'll need bandages,morph and epi.Is it possible to turn off this feature and using vanilla settings(wounds and medics with magic healing)?

P.S:i really like the ACE system but since i'm going to play with other players at their 1st experience with this mod i do not want to kick their *ss with all this realism.

Hi guys,i'm wondering if it's possible to remove the ACE medical system from a mission.Right now,it seems that also with no modules activated in the editor,if you get shoot,you'll need bandages,morph and epi.

Wounds is not enabled by default!

Either you have some other addon which enables it (loki had a version where it got activated) or there is a variable in the mission which enables it (ace_sys_wounds_enabled).

Xeno

what is a M249 PIP ACOG?

PIP = product improvement program

Afaik there was a hydraulic buffer system added to reduce recoil (beside some other changes).

Xeno

PIP = product improvement program

Afaik there was a hydraulic buffer system added to reduce recoil (beside some other changes).

Xeno

oh! thx!

Did any one have an answer to me question on the last page?.

how do you put those red arrows?

Wounds is not enabled by default!

Either you have some other addon which enables it (loki had a version where it got activated) or there is a variable in the mission which enables it (ace_sys_wounds_enabled).

Xeno

thx,is there a list of ace variables?and where to find it?i'm looking through the ACE docu but no luck.

And also theese kind of variables must be activated in the init.sqf and/or description?

i have a problem with ace.

i cant hear my own shoots! i can hear the shoots fired from other npc´s but not mine. Sorry for my bad english its been a long time since school.

I don't why but I get a lot of 'Script xxx not found' errors wth ace.

for example this one when I spawn in a plane but there are a lot more:

errorhbl2.jpg

Can someone help me with this?

I don't why but I get a lot of 'Script xxx not found' errors wth ace.

for example this one when I spawn in a plane but there are a lot more:

errorhbl2.jpg

Can someone help me with this?

That's not ACE but ACRE. Make sure Jayarmalib's dsound.dll is into place, and the beta or game version you are running is actually compatible with it.

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/14304

what is a M249 PIP ACOG?

Google and Wikipedia are your friends:

M249 PIP

The product improvement program kit replaced the original steel tubular stock with a plastic stock based upon the shape of the heavier M240 machine gun. The change in stocks allowed for the addition of a hydraulic buffer system to reduce recoil.[31] In addition, the dual gas port settings were reduced to only one; variants with the product improvement kit can no longer fire at a higher cyclic speed. A handguard was added above the barrel to prevent burns, and the formerly fixed carrying handle was swapped for a folding unit. Certain parts were beveled or chamfered to prevent cutting soldiers' hands and arms. Other changes involved the bipod, pistol grip, flash suppressor, and sights. Over the years, additional modifications have been introduced as part of the Soldier Enhancement Program and Rapid Fielding Initiative. These include an improved bipod, 100 and 200 round fabric "soft pack" magazines (to replace the original plastic ammunition boxes), and picatinny rails for the feed tray cover and forearm so that optics and other accessories may be added.

I don't know if this is Arma related but I play with ACE 1.8 so I post this here. I use the 1.8 stable release and is it seams the sound is porked again. You can hear the muzzle sounds before the bullet whizzes.

I don't know if this is Arma related but I play with ACE 1.8 so I post this here. I use the 1.8 stable release and is it seams the sound is porked again. You can hear the muzzle sounds before the bullet whizzes.

What do you mean again? Has ACE_SM had problems like that in the past? I don't use it, but the engine has long had an issue with muzzle blasts playing instantly, but it is not always easy to notice in the heat of battle, especially when the first shots tends to behave correctly.

What do you mean again? Has ACE_SM had problems like that in the past? I don't use it, but the engine has long had an issue with muzzle blasts playing instantly, but it is not always easy to notice in the heat of battle, especially when the first shots tends to behave correctly.

We have played a COOP mission today with Arma Operation Arrowhead and ACE 1.8 of course and I use ACE with the SM soundmod. While we were taking fire by an BTR, I could hear him firing away his rounds before I could hear and see the tracers and the whizzes above my head. Too bad I haven't recorded it...

It must be the other way around. You hear the whizzes before the actual gun fire.

The BTR was about 600m away.

When I remember correctly, this was fixed in ArmA2.

When I remember correctly, this was fixed in ArmA2.

It was fixed partially a long time ago. If someone is firing a round at you every few seconds, the speed of sound usually works. Any burst or automatic fire, or quick succession of shots, however, and it all goes to hell. I was under the impression that sound modders can't do anything to affect this.

It's Arma2, not ACE. The first shot works fine but then it's messed up.

Edited by Derbysieger