Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

Yah made, Vehicle sounds are a loooooooot of fun I can tell ya! I love this part of my SM. But its all about good sources for vehicles! YT have some, but they're really really rare!

If you have any questions, let me know ;) Otherwise, I wish you luck with that :)

Jarhead

Thx mate!!! I'll certainly ask if I bump into probs. :) Yeah, it's fun to experiment indeed. Have done abrams, bradley and apache, will try to find some good references out there. :)

I found a bug. The sound of a shooting SMAW comes a little too late.

Thx mate!!! I'll certainly ask if I bump into probs. Yeah, it's fun to experiment indeed. Have done abrams, bradley and apache, will try to find some good references out there. :)

Yah, its hard to find some good ones! Most disturbing part for me is the config stuff! Just making an Config is no problem, but if you wonna play around with the frequency's, the pitch, expression... this is .... shit work! With entries like engineOn*camPos*2*gmeterZ*((speed factor[1.5, 5]) or "camPos*(angVelocity max 0.04)*(speed factor[4, 15])"; :eek: wtf^^

We maybe should learning by doing, but its a hard long way to get this done right! Oh, I almost forget, is there anything I DONT KNOW, I call YOU! :D

As already said, we are no enemies! We are not competitors! Let's help each other to get the best result for the community :p

Ok, I know, I'm a slime! :D

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

I'd like to ask mr. Anders to check for the .bikey files. Because i have some doubts about compatibility with addon. I downloaded both (ACE and non) versions, tried to import the key to the sever. But every time i connect to the server, it decline my signatures of this addons.

P.S It is possible that i did something wrong, but with according to my steps, i downloaded the archive, extract @soa, copied it to the Arma2 dir, then added the .bikey from the @soa\Server Key folder to the server.

With my respect to mr. Anders! It's great addon, and i want to use it on a few servers, so i hope you will help me to solve these problems.

I'd like to ask mr. Anders to check for the .bikey files. Because i have some doubts about compatibility with addon. I downloaded both (ACE and non) versions, tried to import the key to the sever. But every time i connect to the server, it decline my signatures of this addons.

P.S It is possible that i did something wrong, but with according to my steps, i downloaded the archive, extract @soa, copied it to the Arma2 dir, then added the .bikey from the @soa\Server Key folder to the server.

With my respect to mr. Anders! It's great addon, and i want to use it on a few servers, so i hope you will help me to solve these problems.

I think you've done the right thing there mate. :) The next server key will be soa110.bikey. Dunno if I'm suppose to do anything? It has worked for other.

Oh fuck that... The vehicle part turned out to be a sloppy mess. Made the abram atleast, but that'll be enough. I'll ship that aswell with the mod. Will only focus on the sounds I've done in the past. :)

Oh fuck that... The vehicle part turned out to be a sloppy mess. Made the abram atleast, but that'll be enough. I'll ship that aswell with the mod. Will only focus on the sounds I've done in the past. :)

Oh mate, sad to hear this... yah its hard to work with... let me know if I can help you out a bit, or at least, I will try^^

Jarhead

I changed my mind and forced me to understand the damn configs for vehicles. So now I'm trying to make as many sounds as possible for the vehicles.

Here's a sound demo for the HMMWV and M1A1:

Xqh2Hry8AE0

[edit]

My apologize for the buggy enginesounds for M1A1, it's the config. Gonna fix it. (If you notice the laggy sounds). :(

Edited by -=anders=-

And if it's possible i'd like to ask mr. Anders, to double-check for the signatures of the addon.

And one of the next proposition, can you make some explosion sounds? I'm not sure but it looks for me like artillery impact-explosion sound is little bit hollow. Not so "massive" explosion as it should be with 120-125mm round.

P.S Great Work!

Edited by XATRIXKIEV

And if it's possible i'd like to ask mr. Anders, to double-check for the signatures of the addon.

And one of the next proposition, can you make some explosion sounds? I'm not sure but it looks for me like artillery impact-explosion sound is little bit hollow. Not so "massive" explosion as it should be with 120-125mm round.

P.S Great Work!

Ill try to check into that aswell... Many new things are going to get shipped with 1.1.0.. That's why it's takin some time.

Version 1.1.0 is out!!! :)

Some vehicle sounds are included as a seperate mod, modular aswell.

Here's a demo:

DhwBLbOgoCo

Edited by -=anders=-

Congrats on the new release, updated @ SU:

sent 41.18M bytes received 171.88K bytes 651.16K bytes/sec

total size is 391.06M speedup is 9.46

Nice work Anders. The environment and gear sounds just get better and better. Also digging on the new beefier HE and grenade explosions.

Any chance of a gear sound when raising binoculars or swapping between binocs/rifle? You removed that annoying footstomp noise but now it's complete silence.

Thanks as per usual.

Thx guys! :)

@tpw, yes it should be possible to add sounds for binocs etc. Just need to find the animation. Ill dig into it.

I would want to add deploy/switch sounds for the weaponchange aswell. :)

Ak-74's sound is fantastic and finally a real sound for VSS,not a toy anymore!

Hey anders,

great sounds testing them right now

buuuut you promised to seperate your weapons in single .pbo's in the next release and what do i see: one big anders_guns file... :(

i know its alot of silly work , but this would really make your mod more variable and actually better!

so maybe next time ;) ?

This is now my permanent sound mod!

Thanks for the hard work!!

Thanks anders for the update!

Here are the latest configs improved:

http://www.file-upload.net/download-3266966/SoA_110.7z.html

Changes see the diffs or use a diff tool like compareIt:

1) cfgPatches changes to make sure your sounds are loaded _AFTER_ BI configs.

2) You should really name the cfgPatches of the configs _c_.

In addition put a dummy config in the _s_ pbo with the same tag as the pbo name.

Now add in the config pbo a requiredAddons dependency to the _s_ one.

3) Your cfgMoves config is very bad. Please use the fixed one.

I wish this was weapon based modular :( I know how much work that would mean though haha! :)

@anders

Been using this soundmod for a few weeks now and really enjoy it. Would it be possible to release a non-ace version of the vehicle sounds.

Nomad