Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

What splash mate? The muzzleflash? :)

Btw, is there ANY darn soul out there who knows how to open these DAMN PMC PBO's? Want to make sounds for those weapons aswell.

Didn't jarhead make sounds for pmc stuff?

Btw, is there ANY darn soul out there who knows how to open these DAMN PMC PBO's? Want to make sounds for those weapons aswell.

Unpack the "Lite" addons (*_pmc.pbo files from the Common folder).

The configs should be the same.

Unpack the "Lite" addons (*_pmc.pbo files from the Common folder).

The configs should be the same.

Oki, ill try that. :) havent found the animations for jump etc. Ill keep lookin.

Hi all. I have installed this addon but i get :

Addon 'anders_c_gear' requires addon 'CA_E'

Has anyone got any ideas? I have the standalone ARMA2 and i have downloaded that version?

Cheers.

Hi all. I have installed this addon but i get :

Addon 'anders_c_gear' requires addon 'CA_E'

Has anyone got any ideas? I have the standalone ARMA2 and i have downloaded that version?

Cheers.

Hey, i guess you dont have combine ops or the latest patches? :confused:

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 AM ----------

Hey guys...

Yet again I've changed the weaponsounds into imo better ones. :) This time I really went deep into getting the most out of my sounds for the Arma2 engine.

Here's a preview of 1.0.6;

Im making a changelog tomorrow aswell have 1.0.6 uploaded and rdy!

Stay tuned.

/Anders

Hi Anders. I had a listen and I can't wait for 1.06.

Any possibility of getting some sort of consistent echo/reverb effect? Some of the guns had a very long trailing reverb, others (such as the L85) have almost none.

I checked the L85... It sure has an echo. It's even longer than the M16. Dont wanna change it now again. :D

1.0.6 is out! Hope you like the new sounds. I think they're much better than those in 1.0.5.

Enjoy,

/Anders

Hotfix is also out, because I forgot to put in the new footsteps sounds for dirt, wich in previous version played the gravelsounds instead. Also the new config to get hellfire sound to work. :)

Edited by -=anders=-

I'm downloading this now but I'm a little confused about the M24 of your new video. Although I know better, it appears as if the single action rifle is firing bursts. This is just a little weird and maybe deserving of your attention.

I checked the L85... It sure has an echo. It's even longer than the M16. Dont wanna change it now again. :D

Gday Anders. 1.06 definitely hasa beautiful L85 sound now, thanks a lot. 1.05 was definitely awry for me. Anyway, all is good, so thanks again!

I'm downloading this now but I'm a little confused about the M24 of your new video. Although I know better, it appears as if the single action rifle is firing bursts. This is just a little weird and maybe deserving of your attention.

Heh, yeah I think it's the sound that sounds like 2 sounds... Ill check it out..

Hey, i guess you dont have combine ops or the latest patches? :confused:

Hi Anders, thanks for your reply. I dont have the combined ops, i only have the ARMA2 stand alone patched to 1.08, but i made sure i downloaded the correct version. Everything else seems to work, just this one pbo. I may have to add it again, to see if anything went wrong first time.

Great Stuff Anders! Love the new update, though have same issues with m24 (burst sound) & AS50 is missing echo.

The mods coming along quite well mate, a few things that I personally think may need some work is when you hit contact the environment (sonic cracks, ricochets, distance fire etc.) doesn't sound that crash hot, my suggestion would be to watch Ross Kemp: Return to Afghanistan on youtube or pretty much any firefights on live-leak and take some pointers on the environment, but either way mate I've been using your mod since it came out and its doing me good so far. cheers for your efforts mate.

Is there any other mirrors for the hotfix? Every time I try downloading it, it keeps saying it's going to take 4+ hours, meanwhile the other stuff took like a minute to download.

hotfix should not install anders_c_gear_ace.pbo for no ace version, right?

Hey Anders, first of all,u made an impressing, simple soundmod. I really like it, especially at intense combat situations.

Only the vehicles are neglected yet.

And here is the reason of my post. We tried your mod on our dedicated server, yesterday and had a strange bug.

Only players using blastcore and s.o.a. were able to join the server.

Without using warfx, you got kicked.

Bikey and bisign are checked and correct, also there was no entry at the server.log or in the player rpt.

Any ideas?

Maybe there is a corrupt config which gets overwritten if using blastcore?

hotfix should not install anders_c_gear_ace.pbo for no ace version, right?
Exactly. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:55 PM ----------

boggler;1850739']Hey Anders' date=' first of all,u made an impressing, simple soundmod. I really like it, especially at intense combat situations.

Only the vehicles are neglected yet.

And here is the reason of my post. We tried your mod on our dedicated server, yesterday and had a strange bug.

Only players using blastcore and s.o.a. were able to join the server.

Without using warfx, you got kicked.

Bikey and bisign are checked and correct, also there was no entry at the server.log or in the player rpt.

Any ideas?

Maybe there is a corrupt config which gets overwritten if using blastcore?[/quote']

Seems strange... Always these magic things that follow us. :butbut:

Some of my friends and I also played this weekend and Im certain that some of them havent enabled Blastcore. Although I ran it.

Gonna check it out. Thx for your positive feedback man.

Im gonna release a new update soon with working jump, roll (lean sounds doesnt work yet) sounds soon.

I've also done new sounds for Mk16 and Mk17.

The vehicles will come. But I dont have many good references, if you mean engine sounds. Hard to go and record tank and jetfighters. :)

hey anders, thanks to you I have a new favourite soundmod, I'm always sceptical about trying anything other than the ACE soundmod, but once I tried this, I fell in love with it man, alot of the sounds are excellent for firefights, the shots sound punchy not weak, it is just great.

by the way, are you planning on including long distance sounds for all the weapons so they can be heard from 2 km away at least? I feel like that is the only thing missing from this soundmod.

hey this sounds really nice...was gonna download it but thought maybe i should wait until the m24 sound gets fixed and that hotfix file is no longer needed as well...do you think these things will be corrected in the next version 1.07?...if so i will just patiently wait for that release for downloading.

Thanks for the hard word in putting this together for us!

Anders, some of your sounds are fantastic and it is evident that you have talent in modding sound. I want to know if there is any chance this mod will ever be modular so that a player can pick and choose?

hey anders, thanks to you I have a new favourite soundmod, I'm always sceptical about trying anything other than the ACE soundmod, but once I tried this, I fell in love with it man, alot of the sounds are excellent for firefights, the shots sound punchy not weak, it is just great.

by the way, are you planning on including long distance sounds for all the weapons so they can be heard from 2 km away at least? I feel like that is the only thing missing from this soundmod.

Hey man! Thank you guys. Yeah I wish the arma2 engine was more friendly to sounds. Like the ability to have stereo sounds in 1st person, loop sounds for automatic fire/burst, with echo afterwards, already done system for a DSS like tpM's and OFCOURSE distant system for distant gunfire.

We're lucky we have our modders here, to make this game so much better.

Content of your question is; YES, I will add my own distant sounds for every weapon/caliber as soon Opticalsnare releases his blastcore audiomod! :)

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

hey this sounds really nice...was gonna download it but thought maybe i should wait until the m24 sound gets fixed and that hotfix file is no longer needed as well...do you think these things will be corrected in the next version 1.07?...if so i will just patiently wait for that release for downloading.

Thanks for the hard word in putting this together for us!

Yes, I'm gonna release v.1.0.7 today probably. :)