Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

HI,

when i Start Arma with

-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@soa"  -nosplash -noPause -world=empty"

Server kick me.

when I start Arma with

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;[color=Blue]@warfx-blastcore;@warfx-lighting;@warfx-sunlight;@warfx-tracers;[/color]@soa" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty"
[/Code]

Server don't kick me.

Whats going wrong :confused:

:confused:

HI,

when i Start Arma with

-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@soa"  -nosplash -noPause -world=empty"

Server kick me.

when I start Arma with

"-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;[color=Blue]@warfx-blastcore;@warfx-lighting;@warfx-sunlight;@warfx-tracers;[/color]@soa" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty"
[/Code]

Server don't kick me.

Whats going wrong :confused:

That's so weird that servers kick people when they're running blastcore with soa. :S I hope someone can help me with that....

HI,

when i Start Arma with

Server kick me.

What does the error message say ?

Clean your .rpt, try again, then post the .rpt content here.

The Client rtp:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" "-mod=C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@ace;@acex;@acex_ru;@acex_usnavy;@soa" "-name=mpcom" -nosplash -noPause -world=empty -cpuCount=2 -connect=85.214.124.198 -port=2302  
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2011/01/31 23:01:55
Current time:  2011/02/08 18:31:04

Version 1.57.77819
Item str_disp_server_control listed twice
Updating base class ->ReammoBox, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgVehicles/WeaponHolder/
Updating base class Rifle->RifleCore, by anders_c_guns\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AA12_PMC/
Updating base class RifleCore->Rifle, by x\ace\addons\sys_stamina\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AA12_PMC/

The Server Log:

18:31:47 Spieler mpcom verbindet.
18:31:55 Spieler mpcom verbunden (ID = xxxxxxx).
18:32:00 Spieler mpcom: Falsche Signatur für Datei @soa\addons\soa_main.pbo
18:32:00 Spieler mpcom: Falsche Signatur für Datei @soa\addons\soa_sys_animsounds.pbo
18:32:00 Spieler mpcom: Falsche Signatur für Datei @soa\addons\soa_s_men.pbo
18:32:00 Spieler mpcom getrennt.
[/Code]

Server Kick now with / without WarFx

It looks like something went wrong with signing of the soa_* addons. Remove those and you'll be fine. I just verified the signature check on those and they fail.

It is very odd that adding WarFX to the mix somehow makes you able to pass the sig check.

Hey anders, funny how I just found out about how to do jump and roll sounds in config after making those scripts. TpM pointed me towards the SOW mod, check it's configs and you'll see how to add them for each surface, then you can get rid of my scripts :)

Also here's a fix for:

Updating base class Rifle->RifleCore, by anders_c_guns\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AA12_PMC/
Updating base class RifleCore->Rifle, by x\ace\addons\sys_stamina\config.bin/CfgWeapons/AA12_PMC/
[/quote]

Replace[code]	class AA12_PMC : RifleCore {

with

class AA12_PMC : Rifle {

and move the whole class below class Rifle

Edited by Robalo_AS

Version 1.0.7 is released now. M24 has no burst sounding fire now. ;)

GREAT!!...is it really required to use CBA though? I need to keep my installs as slim as possible...what would happen if i dont install CBA?

It looks like something went wrong with signing of the soa_* addons. Remove those and you'll be fine. I just verified the signature check on those and they fail.

It is very odd that adding WarFX to the mix somehow makes you able to pass the sig check.

Hey anders, funny how I just found out about how to do jump and roll sounds in config after making those scripts. TpM pointed me towards the SOW mod, check it's configs and you'll see how to add them for each surface, then you can get rid of my scripts :)

Also here's a fix for:

Replace

class AA12_PMC : RifleCore {

with

and move the whole class below class Rifle

So I shall not have class RifleCore; anymore? Just class Rifle; ?

Never mind... I fixed it now. :)

Now to very hard work... Fix the gear sounds without CBA. :) That SOW is and old mother****. I hope I can use some of it... Now everything seems to be there in the config, but no lean animations. :( And sitting iex.

Edited by -=anders=-

The rule is to stick with the original class definitions. If BIS has it defined like this:

just keep it that way.

It's a very common mistake, often modders don't even care, not realizing the implications.

So the logical order in your config should be:

class RifleCore;
class Rifle : RifleCore {
}

If you have class B inheriting from class A like this:

class B : A {

then class A must be defined or referenced before class B.

Edited by Robalo_AS

The rule is to stick with the original class definitions. If BIS has it defined like this:

just keep it that way.

It's a very common mistake, often modders don't even care, not realizing the implications.

So the logical order in your config should be:

class RifleCore;
class Rifle : RifleCore {
}

If you have class B inheriting from class A like this:

class B : A {

then class A must be defined or referenced before class B.

Robalo, there're no lean "lines" in the config for SOW. Have u any clue, if this will work? I mean, there are animations for lean. So if you could put in sounds for roll, salute and sitdown animationsm why wouldn't u be able to make sounds for lean aswell?

Robalo, there're no lean "lines" in the config for SOW. Have u any clue, if this will work? I mean, there are animations for lean. So if you could put in sounds for roll, salute and sitdown animationsm why wouldn't u be able to make sounds for lean aswell?

Sorry, no idea. I guess you will try it and find out. But IMHO we don't really need leaning sounds that bad, perhaps it's not worth the trouble.

Sorry, no idea. I guess you will try it and find out. But IMHO we don't really need leaning sounds that bad, perhaps it's not worth the trouble.

I suppose so. :D hahaha

Hey man! Thank you guys. Yeah I wish the arma2 engine was more friendly to sounds. Like the ability to have stereo sounds in 1st person, loop sounds for automatic fire/burst, with echo afterwards, already done system for a DSS like tpM's and OFCOURSE distant system for distant gunfire.

We're lucky we have our modders here, to make this game so much better.

Content of your question is; YES, I will add my own distant sounds for every weapon/caliber as soon Opticalsnare releases his blastcore audiomod! :)

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:20 AM ----------

Yes, I'm gonna release v.1.0.7 today probably. :)

Sounds cool man can't wait, still use this all the time now, man i love the atmosphere of this mod!

Congrats on your sound mod, i really like it. I have one request, can you apply your sounds to the BAF vehicles as well? Right now they have the vanilla sounds. Keep up the good work! :)

Congrats on your sound mod, i really like it. I have one request, can you apply your sounds to the BAF vehicles as well? Right now they have the vanilla sounds. Keep up the good work! :)
Yes sir! bout to do that.... Right now Im done with all kinds of roll and jump sounds including weaponsounds and gadgets. :)

Thx guys

ETA on DLC vehicle support?

Do you mean enginesounds, turrets, threads, surface sounds? If so, I recommend you use TR's vehicle sounds. I dont have good references for that.

If you mean weaponsounds etc. for BAF vehicles, it'll be in the update I'm probably releasing today.

anders, get on msn/steam or something, we got some recordings of tanks to do.

You are Fast Anders!

Maybe one of the fastest releaser out there! :D

Hey Anders tried downloading latest SOA from the depositfile location provided and my AVG is going crazy with warnings. I allowed download and something like white smoke something...other downloaded and AVG came back up with a security warning so I blocked it and removed it. Using the Free download version btw.

Hey Anders tried downloading latest SOA from the depositfile location provided and my AVG is going crazy with warnings. I allowed download and something like white smoke something...other downloaded and AVG came back up with a security warning so I blocked it and removed it. Using the Free download version btw.

Avira antivir says that everything's okay!

Wow I'm actually downloading 1.08 at an amazing 40kbps! I'm so impressed by these speeds I think I'll go shoot myself in the foot from all the excitement!

Hey Anders I'm a bit confused. In the first post it says you've done "all vehicles" so far. Since you earlier suggested downloading another mod for vehicles, what exactly do you mean by this?

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Great new version, thanks for the update.

However I'm still getting the errors about missing anders_s_guns. Has anyone else gotten this and been able to resolve it? I wonder if it's due to a mod conflict?