Sign in to follow this  
-=anders=-

Sound Of Anders (soundmod)

Great realistic sounds! Environment is awsome too! Like very much a 3d positioning.

Good work.

Looking forward next release.

-found bug (?) mk16 & mk 17 weapons seems to have nice semi shot sound but when switched to auto sounds seems to be from vanilla.

-m16 / m4 gunshots sound a little flat, maybe it would be good to add them a little echo, probably sound will be more "outdoor".

Yes its because you're not running ACE I suppose. I you're running my mod without ACE make sure to remove/move anders_s_aceguns.pbo and anders_c_aceguns.pbo.

Already done...But...

Anders_s_gear requires addon ace_c_men_sounds

which files do i have to remove?

Already done...But...

Anders_s_gear requires addon ace_c_men_sounds

which files do i have to remove?

The main reason I included ace_c_men_sound in the anders_c_gear was because ACE has the original "men-config-file" in their Addons folder. Therefore it played the vanilla footsteps-sounds instead of mine.

Cant do anything about it really... When I ran the game without ACE i just clicked "OK" in the error-message and it went fine, but without ace weapons.

Do the same I guess...

Im uploading a new version now with new damage-sounds and some configchanges that I hope is fixing the damn SCAR rifles to NOT play the vanilla sounds. :)

This game is very mysterious! Takes soo much time... And I just sit here and think; WTF is going on when the configs looks allright?!!! :butbut:

I also noticed that when running this with HARCP mod, the grenade explosion-sounds are playing the vanilla sounds instead. Cmon!

Really need some help with my configs, if they're the main reason I cant get sounds to play! plz! :(

Could we get a video?

Ahh ok... But I suck in makin videos. :) Was hoping someone could help me with that.

Good job on the release, looking forward to try these out tomorrow.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

PS: people commented on Armaholic it works on OA standalone just fine. Is it really for CO or is it an OA release?

Edited by Guest

Anders, great job on these!!! I will be trying them myself when I get a few minutes but from the video they sound awesome!

Hi Anders

Firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to release a very high quality mod. You've obviously put a lot into it and it shows.

I've had a play with it on a few maps and have some feedback for you:

1 - I've been using JSRS for quite a while so it takes a bit of getting used to your way of doing things. This is not a criticism at all, just that you obviously do things differently.

2 - I really like the different environment noises.

3 - The unit breathing and injury sounds are great, a nice change.

4 - The unit movement noises are very different to what I'm used to. The "swish" of material when running is very noticeable, sounds like the player is wearing corduroy. The "crunch" of the footfalls sounds OK when walking but for some reason sounds a bit un-natural when running. It almost sounds like I'm running through thick gravel. Perhaps the movement noises are a bit loud overall?

5 - I've played with a selection of rifles and they sound great, very punchy. The sonic cracks are toned way down though. Have you modded the BAF stuff? It sounds vanilla to my untrained ears.

Overall this is a very impressive release and I'll definitely be keeping an ear on it. Thanks again Anders.

Hi Anders

Firstly, thanks so much for taking the time to release a very high quality mod. You've obviously put a lot into it and it shows.

I've had a play with it on a few maps and have some feedback for you:

1 - I've been using JSRS for quite a while so it takes a bit of getting used to your way of doing things. This is not a criticism at all, just that you obviously do things differently.

2 - I really like the different environment noises.

3 - The unit breathing and injury sounds are great, a nice change.

4 - The unit movement noises are very different to what I'm used to. The "swish" of material when running is very noticeable, sounds like the player is wearing corduroy. The "crunch" of the footfalls sounds OK when walking but for some reason sounds a bit un-natural when running. It almost sounds like I'm running through thick gravel. Perhaps the movement noises are a bit loud overall?

5 - I've played with a selection of rifles and they sound great, very punchy. The sonic cracks are toned way down though. Have you modded the BAF stuff? It sounds vanilla to my untrained ears.

Overall this is a very impressive release and I'll definitely be keeping an ear on it. Thanks again Anders.

4 - Yeah, I agree with you. I'm gonna lower the volume for the movement-sounds. The footsteps are ok to my ears. Do you mean concrete/gravel steps? I also gonna lower the volume for the casings.

5 - Thx, well I lowered the volume for sonic cracks, simply because I dont like the way they're played. Something else is missing wich makes them sound fubar. The game needs real distant-sounds mainly and thats were OS's soundpack for Blastcore is cming in.. :) I've never been into a shootout in real life, but I've recorded guns, machineguns and launchers like 10 feet away and didnt noticed anything like the way it is in Arma2. Although I noticed that you could hear the bullets wizzing through and ricoshets/bullethits VERY far away.

Yeah, I haven't done any sounds for BAF, but I'll do that later. So your ears are ok! ;)

Thank u!

4 - Yeah, I agree with you. I'm gonna lower the volume for the movement-sounds. The footsteps are ok to my ears. Do you mean concrete/gravel steps? I also gonna lower the volume for the casings.

5 - Thx, well I lowered the volume for sonic cracks, simply because I dont like the way they're played. Something else is missing wich makes them sound fubar. The game needs real distant-sounds mainly and thats were OS's soundpack for Blastcore is cming in.. :) I've never been into a shootout in real life, but I've recorded guns, machineguns and launchers like 10 feet away and didnt noticed anything like the way it is in Arma2. Although I noticed that you could hear the bullets wizzing through and ricoshets/bullethits VERY far away.

Yeah, I haven't done any sounds for BAF, but I'll do that later. So your ears are ok! ;)

Thank u!

4 - yeah, definitely the running "offroad" sounds a bit too gravelly.

5 - Thanks for the explanations. Looking forward to BAF if they're anything as good as the others!

Cheers mate

Hi -=anders=-

Nice soundmod!

I found something. I was testing your mod on the Lingor map. I found that whenever I get close to some water I hear the water sound. But there is no volume change on the sound. It always plays at full volume like the water is in my head :)

Hi -=anders=-

Nice soundmod!

I found something. I was testing your mod on the Lingor map. I found that whenever I get close to some water I hear the water sound. But there is no volume change on the sound. It always plays at full volume like the water is in my head :)

Pretty sure thats a BIS bug

Pretty sure thats a BIS bug

Maybe so, but other sound mods, such as JSRS, get rid of the annoying loud water effect.

Very nice in all.

I had one question though, the breathing and voice changes when hit, could they be more modular to the rest of it? I assume most of that comes under environmental pbo?

How do mean with changes?

Breathing and damage is in anders_s_gear.pbo.

I've been out with my Zoom H4N and recorded my own footsteps on road/concrete and in snow, some bushes and gear sounds... This is gonna take some time. :)

[EDIT]

Uploading the new version as we speak. :) With BAF sounds and new gear sounds etc.

Edited by -=anders=-

Dude I'm impressed, your mod is very good!

I've been trying to make a small mod to give me sounds for a few of my favourite weapons and its really hard to do when it comes to config stuff, fair play mate your doing a great job.

Respect bro :)

Thx man! :) Yeah, I put much love into sounds... The config part are always boring, but nice when they do work. :D

v 1.0.2 is out now btw!

I tried the first version and then after finding a bug, I downloaded the updated version and i was suprised to see the same problem:!!!!

Anders Please note that the addon is ACE dependent and you do not make any mention of this in the download section.

I run a Dedicated server " RedRums Arma Server " and it stipulates its a NON ACE server ( as Ace Mod can have compatible issues causing server crashes ) as such i state NO ACE and Kick any one joining who ignores this.

Its is quite possible that players downloading this sound mod would be unaware of its dependency on The Ace mod. I like the work you have done upto now but its unfortunate that its got this problem and would like to see you metion the fact at the download stage. Its is easy to remove the ace files from the Pbo,s as i did to run it but many would not be aware of this.

RedRum_ER :(

The main reason I included ace_c_men_sound in the anders_c_gear was because ACE has the original "men-config-file" in their Addons folder. Therefore it played the vanilla footsteps-sounds instead of mine.

Cant do anything about it really... When I ran the game without ACE i just clicked "OK" in the error-message and it went fine, but without ace weapons.

Do the same I guess...

You can clone the config pbo anders_c_gear as anders_c_gear_ace and remove ace_c_men_sounds requirement from the first one. Don't forget to rename the cfgpatches class name too so you don't get duplicate errors in the .rpt.

Excellent job with the sounds ! There are a few config issues that can be spotted by looking at the rpt but easily fixable.

You can clone the config pbo anders_c_gear as anders_c_gear_ace and remove ace_c_men_sounds requirement from the first one. Don't forget to rename the cfgpatches class name too so you don't get duplicate errors in the .rpt.

Excellent job with the sounds ! There are a few config issues that can be spotted by looking at the rpt but easily fixable.

Thx! :)

Oh, you're more than welcome to explain or show me this in a PM or something. Im so bad at these configs. Where can I check the .rpt's?

Thx in advance! ;)