Sign in to follow this  
minimalaco

Realtime immersive - Militar simulator cryengine

i think this whole thread become moot the second VBS upgrade it's visual engine to A3 or beyond ...

but vice versa forget about this being capable of fraction features VBS can do already now ...

Are there any plans to make a VBS 3 in a couple of years?

Sshhh...its a secret, it's actually been out since Arma2 but nobody has made any mention.

Moved. I fail to see what that tech demo has to do with ArmA2 in general.

Not a tech demo, US Army has already contracted them out for some...er, contract, i believe.

have YOU actually tried creating game content with sketchup?

No but i know of at least 1 modder who does :D

@Dwarden: Isn't VBS2 1.5 scheduled for Release in summer 2012 with ArmA3? Couldn't check the website, tons of errors there.

Edited by Mr. Charles

No but i know of at least 1 modder who does :D

@Dwarden: Isn't VBS2 1.5 scheduled for Release in summer 2012 with ArmA3? Couldn't check the website, tons of errors there.

1.5 was supposed to be out last month! :mad:

1.5 was supposed to be out last month! :mad:

FYI, The VBS2 VTK EULA states when its updates are "suppose" to be released. :nono:

Pfft... Realtime immersive

Two word: budget cut ;)

From financial crisis.

FYI, The VBS2 VTK EULA states when its updates are "suppose" to be released. :nono:

:confused: What do you mean?

That being said, its supposed to be out this month according to the latest newsletter. Its still undergoing eval from the US Army and USMC.

http://www.rt-immersive.com/

a new opponent emerged. i wonder how will be the future of the BIS on simulation market after this company will release his "serious game". since graphic is to much important for the realism i guess bis software house has only 1 chance for not disappearing. changing their engine. because theres no competition between the a3 videos we can see and the graphic of the crytek 3. they already have an exclusive for the us army...:)

hope they will release a sort of lite version for pc gamers. nothing is confirmed, im just hoping as i said.

you can seen an enormous potential on these videos:

-V396uuiAsU

PoXZMudSxX4

kodNKq0pWx4

http://www.youtube.com/user/RealTimeImmersive

already discussed? didnt know, i apologize in case...

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

Old.

And it isn't a competition.

CryTek doesn't have an experience in doing milsims and AI plus the CryEngine is subpar to RV when it comes to wide open areas, AI, non-player centric battles and realism.

Plus US Army couldn't care less about graphics and videos show nothing but graphics. Since it won't come out for "civies" I don't understand what target audience of RTI is.

Edited by metalcraze

I don't think that technologies that were designed only to make the picture look better are really needed in milsim :).

And it isn't a competition.

you really think so? this new company is going to compete on the same camp of bis. so yes sure is a competition.

written on their home page:

"RealTime Immersive, Inc. (RTI) is a simulation and serious games studio established to support CryENGINE® licensees in the serious game and simulation market space.

RealTime Immersive is focused both on the implementation and support of the CryENGINE® technology, and making continued contributions to the advancement of the serious games/simulation industry. RTI not only licenses the technology, but also offers a full spectrum of services, development, consultation, training, and support for its licensees.

RealTime Immersive is based in Orlando, Florida and located near the Central Florida Research Park. We are comprised of highly experienced, talented, and creative industry professionals that design and deliver best value result driven solutions to meet their customers’ needs "

sounds like a competitor, pretty much. of the vbs3 of course not of OA or A3.

CryTek doesn't have an experience in doing milsims and AI plus the CryEngine is subpar to RV when it comes to wide open areas, AI, non-player centric battles and realism.

that's true. however how bis started? surely they are going to hire military advisors ecc.. by the way crytek is not the company it's the engine they are going to use. the company is "RealTime Immersive Inc."

Plus US Army couldn't care less about graphics and videos show nothing but graphics.

I don't think that technologies that were designed only to make the picture look better are really needed in milsim :).

you cant be more wrong. since graphic is an essential factor for realism us army will really care about it.

how you can simulate an hostile enviroment or a firefight with an old graphic which not simulate the colors and the structural complexity of an object. i suppose you are using an old consideration like " oh we dont care to much about graphic give us just a good game"..for the wrong debate. if a bush or a jungle and even the light is not correctly simulated you cant make a valid training for troops.

Do we really need another thread for this nonsense

Also:

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

you really think so? this new company is going to compete on the same camp of bis. so yes sure is a competition.

A competition is when they have something to compete with. CryEngine is completely unfit for anything even comparable to what VBS can do. It took BIS 10 years to come to a point where they are now. As of Crysis 2 CryTek doesn't even know ballistics exist.

written on their home page:

sounds like a competitor. pretty much. of the vbs3 of course not of OA or A3.

Who cares what they write? In that case America's Army is a competitor too.

that's true. however how bis started? surely they are going to hire military advisor ecc.. by the way crytek is not the company it's the engine they are going to use. the company is "RealTime Immersive Inc."

RTI is a subsidiary of CryTek. Hiring military advisor won't help much when your guys have no experience in programming anything but bots that spawn when player comes near and then run at him guns blazing.

you cant be more wrong. since graphic is an essential factor for realism us army will really care about it.

They care about flexible platform for training first and foremost. They couldn't care less if lamps on choppers shine brighter in NVGs since that's about the only thing CryEngine does better than RV.

how you can simulate an hostile enviroment or a firefight with an old graphic which not simulate the colors and the structural complexity of an object. i suppose you are using an old consideration like " oh we dont care to much about graphic give us just a good game".. on the wrong place for the wrong debate. if a bush or a jungle and even the light is not correctly simulated you can make a valid training for troops.

Detailed objects have nothing to do with the engine. They have a lot to do with 3D artists.

Before RTI can compete with BIA they need a comparable engine first. CryEngine is so far subpar.

the sense is clear even for the most naive guy on the heart: a new company with a kickass engine emerged on the simulative software markets. and as you can see they are not going to simulate the flight and the controls of jets but an hostile enviroment with tanks, uav, soldiers on foot ecc. pretty much like the vbs3. so the question is simple: what will happen on this sector and to the bis products? didnt see there was another thread apologize.

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

A competition is when they have something to compete with. CryEngine is completely unfit for anything even comparable to what VBS can do. It took BIS 10 years to come to a point where they are now. As of Crysis 2 CryTek doesn't even know ballistics exist.

and how you know that? if BIS toke 10 years ro reach their goals there are 2 main explanations: it was very hard or they are a small company. i dont think that including a 3d editor requires 10 years of experience. if they have more founds than bis they can reach their goals faster.

Who cares what they write? In that case America's Army is a competitor too.

sounds reasonable. you cant believe to every claims on the net. however they are not going to sell a game, they are going to sell a professional software for the us army. and the main goal of america army was not to train soldiers but to publicize the army. or they wouldnt use vbs3 but AA...:rolleyes:

problem is that they already bought the license for the realtime immersive software and for now they are keep using vbs3 . so you really think is not a competition? lets see who will replace who...or if they will keep using both softwares.

RTI is a subsidiary of CryTek. Hiring military advisor won't help much when your guys have no experience in programming anything but bots that spawn when player comes near and then run at him guns blazing.

you are again confusing a lot of things..building an engine used in arcade games doesnt mean that you have just the ability to create arcade games.

implementing a real ballistic inside a game it doesnt require years of experience. there's already wepaons values in every conditions avaibles. they just take these values and they put it in the game. so how the ACE mod came out then...they are not bis depelovers not before they started to work on ace mod..so?

They care about flexible platform for training first and foremost. They couldn't care less if lamps on choppers shine brighter in NVGs since that's about the only thing CryEngine does better than RV.

no man :)

the weather simulation on RV suscks for example. and lamps, optical reflections are very important for a serious training.

Detailed objects have nothing to do with the engine. They have a lot to do with 3D artists.

ye sure but the object have to interact with the light in game..:)

so for example if you dont have a dynamic light fine reproduced and a good( not like in frostbite 2) post process effect you cant simply simulate a long range engagement with sniper rifles.

Before RTI can compete with BIA they need a comparable engine first. CryEngine is so far subpar.

that's why the us army has already bought a license. im afraid but i dont think that something crappy and old like RV can ever compete with a monster engine like crytek.

i wonder just which kind of uber pc will ever run a simulator with the crytek engine and an huge map...but that's not our problem since this is not a game that will be released for the public.

the sense is clear even for the most naive guy on the heart

And that is: the rules for this forum say "search first, dont make pointless new threads"

implementing a real ballistic inside a game it doesnt require years of experience. there's already wepaons values in every conditions avaibles. they just take these values and they put it in the game. so how the ACE mod came out then...they are not bis depelovers not before they started to work on ace mod..so?

Ahh, adding your extensive knowledge about simulators (the same as with modern armoured vehicles and chemical weapons) to this topic now too eh... ACE could do it because RV already supports a reasonably-realistic ballistics model. CryTek does not. I'll say it again: CryTek does not have a ballistics model, it uses raycasting. So its not just a case of "adding some numbers", you have to change the underlying simulation. Which is hard work.

As was already discussed in the original RTI thread(s), shiny graphics doesnt make the cry engine an instant VBS killer. It has no AAR, no confirmed RTE, theres no mention of useful mod tools (sure you can paint with brushes in the map editor, but can you import real-world elevation, sat and shape data?) etc etc. At the moment RTI is nothing more than fancy graphics. They need time to get all the other stuff created, polished and perfected. Time that BIA has 10 years head start on...

nice tech demo. now lets see gameplay that doesn't lag using those same graphics settings.

but to be fair, crysis does run better than arma 2/oa.

and is not a game you are going to buy.

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

This whole product comparison debate is just as absurd as those numptyâ„¢ threads sugesting BI to make the next Arma game with the cry engine.. it makes the brain cry.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

must be 1 of those who simply dont understand how the graphic is important for the realism. the product comparison is more than normal..they are going to compete so what you pretend, people is speculating... you know is a forum.

who will win only the time can tell us. not a bunch of bis fanboys of course.

apparently theres not competition by a graphic level. all depends on the features they will be able to guarantee.

And that is: the rules for this forum say "search first, dont make pointless new threads"

as i said, apologize.

Ahh, adding your extensive knowledge about simulators (the same as with modern armoured vehicles and chemical weapons) to this topic now too eh... ACE could do it because RV already supports a reasonably-realistic ballistics model. CryTek does not. I'll say it again: CryTek does not have a ballistics model, it uses raycasting. So its not just a case of "adding some numbers", you have to change the underlying simulation. Which is hard work.

i wouldnt use a troll behaviour right here as you are doing it. your provocation will bring us to far. in case you have forgot i just proved that WP is a chemical weapon unless what you said and i never said a bullshit concerning armour vehicles. so what's the point of your post? provocating( and failing since you are wrong) and at the same time exposing your ideas on the topic? plz if you can focus your opinions just on the topic. not on what, according to your bizarre idea about chemics,

is a chemical weapon and what not.

As was already discussed in the original RTI thread(s), shiny graphics doesnt make the cry engine an instant VBS killer.

the pontential to became an insta killer are all on the realtime imm. hands. with that engine they have this potential. of course as i said on the other topic i guess all will depends on the features avaibles for the RTI software.

i just suggest to dont understimate the importance of the graphic.

It has no AAR, no confirmed RTE, theres no mention of useful mod tools (sure you can paint with brushes in the map editor, but can you import real-world elevation, sat and shape data?) etc etc. At the moment RTI is nothing more than fancy graphics. They need time to get all the other stuff created, polished and perfected. Time that BIA has 10 years head start on...

finally when you dont focus on trolling you can make some valid point. that software is far from the release so lets see what we will get. that's all.

the sense is clear even for the most naive guy on the heart: a new company with a kickass engine emerged on the simulative software markets. and as you can see they are not going to simulate the flight and the controls of jets but an hostile enviroment with tanks, uav, soldiers on foot ecc. pretty much like the vbs3. so the question is simple: what will happen on this sector and to the bis products? didnt see there was another thread apologize.

But CryEngine is primitive. Care to tell me what exactly is kickass about it?

It can't handle large areas, it has no AI, it has no soldier simulation with weight, inertia and positional wounding, no bullet penetration with materials changing bullet trajectory, it is player centric, it has no RTE, it has no AAR, it has no coriolis effect and ricochet, no separated armor and devices on vehicles (meaning no advanced damage model), no weather simulation, no squad command. It basically has nothing but cartoon shaders.

Bohemia can also implement cartoon-shaders but they don't look real.

and how you know that? if BIS toke 10 years ro reach their goals there are 2 main explanations: it was very hard or they are a small company. i dont think that including a 3d editor requires 10 years of experience. if they have more founds than bis they can reach their goals faster.

If right now I will give you $1 mln will you make me an AI comparable to Bohemia's? You won't? Why is that? No experience right?

sounds reasonable. you cant believe to every claims on the net. however they are not going to sell a game, they are going to sell a professional software for the us army. and the main goal of america army was not to train soldiers but to publicize the army. or they wouldnt use vbs3 but AA...:rolleyes:

See - even AA has a headstart over RTI since it's at least a finished project and more advanced than anything CryTek has ever done.

problem is that they already bought the license for the realtime immersive software and for now they are keep using vbs3 . so you really think is not a competition? lets see who will replace who...or if they will keep using both softwares.

Who cares if they bought a license? US Army uses a lot of other simulations but VBS. Much more focused - in fact they even have one using CryEngine 2 - IED simulator.

You are again confusing a lot of things..building an engine used in arcade games doesnt mean that you have just the ability to create arcade games.

Actually it means just that. They pretty much need to rewrite a new engine from scratch to make it do at least 1/10 of what 5 years old RV2 can do.

Hahaha. "you just put numbers in" hahaha

no man :)

the weather simulation on RV suscks for example. and lamps, optical reflections are very important for a serious training.

There's no weather simulation in CryEngine at all. And the only reflections CE has is on that cartoon water shader.

ye sure but the object have to interact with the light in game..:)

so for example if you dont have a dynamic light fine reproduced and a good( not like in frostbite 2) post process effect you cant simply simulate a long range engagement with sniper rifles.

Who cares about dynamic lights when bots in CryEngine doesn't react to anything but the player?

that's why the us army has already bought a license. im afraid but i dont think that something crappy and old like RV can ever compete with a monster engine like crytek.

Tell me exactly where but shaders 10 years old CryEngine didn't suck in comparison to just as "old" RV?

Finally ArmA2 has more graphic detail than anything on CryEngine so it's subpar even when it comes to graphics.

Edited by metalcraze

i just proved that WP is a chemical weapon

You didn't prove anything, you just posted some wikipedia links and said "case closed". Given that its on the list of munitions included in the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons and NOT on the Geneva Protocol (which bans the use of Chemical weapons - among other things) we can assume its not a chemical weapon. (I dont mind derailing this topic, because it shouldnt exist in the first place.

@Metalcraze, theres no point discussing with him, he's decided that RTI's product is better than VBS and thats the end of it. He's clearly right and wont hear it any other way. Graphics are of key importance for simulators, everything else is just inconsequential...

But CryEngine is primitive. Care to tell me what exactly is kickass about it?

volumetric cloud, dynamic weather, dynamic water, corrent water, dynamic light...at all these point is far better of the RV engine. have you just saw the video?

It can't handle large areas

we dont know that and how will be optimized. plus as i said is not a game that you have to bought it. is serious staff thinked for the army. and if there soldiers will need a 4000 dollars pc to run it is not our problems. since i/we(?) are not us tax payers.

it has no AI, it has no soldier simulation with weight, inertia and positional wounding, it is player centric, it has no RTE, it has no AAR, it has no ballistics, no separated armor and devices on vehicles (meaning no advanced damage model), no weather simulation, no squad command. It basically has nothing but cartoon shaders.

you putted a lot of stuff that has nothing to do with the engine itself.

are we seriusly debating or im just facing the funboyz national guard?

RTE, AI or squad command has nothing to do with the engine. and at this point the only few things we can judge of this product is the engine.

no weather simulation,

eh? you are confusing the horrible weather simulation of rv with the claimed good crytek weather simulation. the main difference is with the rv engine we now that sucks, with the crytek "seeems good". i would wait to give a judgement.

Bohemia can also implement cartoon-shaders but they don't look real.

cartoon shaders? omg.

If right now I will give you $1 mln will you make me an AI comparable to Bohemia's? You won't? Why is that? No experience right?

See - even AA has a headstart over RTI since it's at least a finished project and more advanced than anything CryTek has ever done.

that's the problem with the fanboyz..they use even the most rude rethoric tricks. if they have a superior budget they can do, potentially, more better than BIS games. but ehi we are on the bis forum...:rolleyes:

Who cares if they bought a license? US Army uses a lot of other simulations but VBS. Much more focused - in fact they even have one using CryEngine 2 - IED simulator.

ye like steel beasts pro for tankers. the point is that vbs and realtime imm. are going to compete for the same role as the "generic hostile enviroment" simulator. so or they will use both or 1 will replace the other.

Hahaha. "you just put numbers in" hahaha

There's no weather simulation in CryEngine at all. And the only reflections CE has is on that cartoon water shader.

they claimed there will be. guess you have just to check the features on the video, isnt such difficult.

Who cares about dynamic lights when AI in CryEngine doesn't react to anything but the player?

it cares to players of course...:rolleyes:

PvP training maybe...?:rolleyes:

Tell me exactly where but shaders 10 years old CryEngine didn't suck in comparison to just as "old" RV?

Finally ArmA2 has more graphic detail than anything on CryEngine so it's subpar even when it comes to graphics.

lol. that was enough. facing the fanboyz is not funny at all. i espected something like that since we are on the bis forum of course, but that was to much.

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

You didn't prove anything, you just posted some wikipedia links and said "case closed". Given that its on the list of munitions included in the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons and NOT on the Geneva Protocol (which bans the use of Chemical weapons - among other things) we can assume its not a chemical weapon. (I dont mind derailing this topic, because it shouldnt exist in the first place.

we already did everything to change your ideas, but i see it was useless.

we shoed you links from credible newspapers, wikipedia, other chemical website but you didnt change your opinion. so plz...dont make me jump back in this discussion. case closed.

@Metalcraze, theres no point discussing with him, he's decided that RTI's product is better than VBS and thats the end of it. He's clearly right and wont hear it any other way. Graphics are of key importance for simulators, everything else is just inconsequential...

i never said that anything else is not important :)

you proved it again, with funboyz you simply cant speak. that's is a 2 cent rethoric trick that you shouldnt brings here. i never said graphic is the only thinks that matters. i never said "ehi we have a winner RTI will kickass". i simply said theres a big potential on it. that's all.

Threads merged, LegendK1ller gets infraction (as he failed to use search first)

also serious games (simulators) don't rely on visuals but dozens way more important facts behind

btw. speaking of visuals for weather simulation You need also some serious coding :)

RTE, AI or squad command has nothing to do with the engine. and at this point the only few things we can judge of this product is the engine.

Just proved you know nothing about how these things work, please stop commenting. K thx bai.

fanboyz

Cracking open the fanboys defence already? You must be running out of legitimate ideas then...