Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

This 101 insurgency mission is AWESOME! Can't stop playing it.

OpFor has a base, and there's lots of stuff, like AI reinforcements, airstrike, etc. :yay:

I asked N3ro if he could create a devheaven page, and he's thinking about it.

Wish he could join Pogoman and Fireball's Insurgency project page. :bounce3:

Could someone be so kind as to upload this version of the mission or link me to the server it's hosted on, sounds amazing and just what I was after?

:o

go into arma mp menü and put 101 into the filter and you can see some 101 servers.i thinks it is 101 server, don't know it exactly.

Edited by TeilX

Could someone be so kind as to upload this version of the mission or link me to the server it's hosted on, sounds amazing and just what I was after?

:o

PM me, give me ur email and I'll send it to ya.

Edit: If you join the server (name is 101) you will automatically download it, and will find it here:

C:\Users\[uSERNAME]\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\MPMissionsCache, then you'll find the file "__cur_mp" (rename it to __cur_mp.zargabad).

Edited by N. Rodrigues

PM me, give me ur email and I'll send it to ya.

Thanks for the offer but Kremator upped them for me. Still can't seem to find/run it though. I de'pboed the .pbo file into a folder and it won't find it when I'm starting a server? Am I pulling some school boy errors here? :rolleyes:

Still can't seem to find/run it though. I de'pboed the .pbo file into a folder and it won't find it when I'm starting a server?

The mission should only be one Insurgency folder with all files for the mission in that folder, if you have a folder labeled Insurgency with files in that folder and then that folder

in another folder labled Insurgency the game wont read it.

Edited by Gnter Severloh

Nero Troy must have it loaded as a folder as it was put into MPMissionCache as _cur_mp.pbo. I renamed it to something more informative. Just drop those files I uploaded into your normal MPMissions directory and play.

As I said, rename it to "__cur_mp.zargabad".

Or download the last updated one which name is "insurgency101vd5.zargabad".

Edited by N. Rodrigues

Seems like v.082 is good for small coop LAN play or even SP right ?

Current version: 0.81a
or is the first post not up to date?

Thanks for all the help lads/ladies, got it sorted now. I'm fairly new to ARMA modding and all the folders type thing so this was a big help Kremator, N. Rodrigues.

or is the first post not up to date?

The last version is 0.81a.

The version we're all crazy about is the N3ro Troy edition.

You can check joining the 101 server.

Thanks for all the help lads/ladies, got it sorted now. I'm fairly new to ARMA modding and all the folders type thing so this was a big help Kremator, N. Rodrigues.

You're welcome mate, happy I could help you.

Add me on Xfire too. :)

Hey Kremator I checked out that server (101 server) and depbo'ed his version. That guy has spent a lot of time working on that. It's almost an entire rewrite but I believe it has exactly what you are looking for plus just about anything you can imagine. I don't have that kinda time to put into a project or even think I would. It's a Lil overboard for my taste but there is a ton of potential there. I've been messing around with it and it looks like hes your guy if you want something right now. He's already done all the work a lot of work.

I know there are other other 'overboard' features in there but they are mostly for testing.

There are a few issues presently but it is getting there.

Thanks for the time you put into this but I agree he is well on the way to the perfect insurgency.

As I said, rename it to "__cur_mp.zargabad".

Or download the last updated one which name is "insurgency101vd5.zargabad".

Why would you remane it? I could see if you changed it but if not leave it as is out of respect for the author.

Nero Troy must have have run the mission via a folder and not pbo'd it. This puts the mission as _cur_mp.pbo, and therefore to avoid it being overwritten then it is easier to rename it. Remember that the mission name, and how it appears on the mission list is NOT dependent on what you call the file (controlled by description.ext)

Now that he is pbo'ing the folder each time there is no problem. There certainly isn't a problem with respecting his work :)

Remember that the mission name, and how it appears on the mission list is NOT dependent on what you call the file (controlled by description.ext)

Yes and no, if and when you edit the weather and such and put a name in there,

that will be the name or title rather that you will see in the mission list.

If you save your mission as lets say warfare, and then in the info box where you change the weather and give

your mission a description and title if the title is warfare CTI then when you go to view the list of missions for each island,

then you will only see the Warfare cti versus the actual save name of the mission.

Apon loading the mission the name of the mission can be setup to load, and will be seen at the top of the screen, in the description you would use onLoadMission=;

and then the title of your mission after the = before the ;

Edited by Gnter Severloh

I've never played Insurgency before. Is there a version I can download for small coop/LAN/SP use? I don't want to host a dedicated server and all that hoopla.

Why would you remane it? I could see if you changed it but if not leave it as is out of respect for the author.

There was not disrespect on that, with some little attention it's possible to undestand.

I would be pleased if you could read my posts, but I'll explain.

Arma couldn't recognize the mission file, so I renamed it from "__cur_mp.pbo" to "__cur_mp.zargabad.pbo".

I recommend you read the last posts.

Edited by N. Rodrigues

I've never played Insurgency before. Is there a version I can download for small coop/LAN/SP use? I don't want to host a dedicated server and all that hoopla.

Just use a regular one. That's what I did to try it out, seemed to work OK.

Who know, how many servers play Insurgency?

Who can, please give we a statistics!

And please check a Isn DH space to discuss new features and improvements of the mission, need your votes :)

There was not disrespect on that, with some little attention it's possible to undestand.

I would be pleased if you could read my posts, but I'll explain.

Arma couldn't recognize the mission file, so I renamed it from "__cur_mp.pbo" to "__cur_mp.zargabad.pbo".

I recommend you read the last posts.

Did you ever stop to think he did that for a reason? :confused:

No he hasn't done it for a reason. It is because it is run from a folder. Having played with him on his server I know!

That has nothing to do with the file name. Doesn't matter if it's unpacked into files containing the sqf's or packed in a pbo. Can we just move on I'm not about to get into a pissing match, It's pointless. Anyway Gunter Severloh already explained it in post #342

Did you ever stop to think he did that for a reason? :confused:

He ran it from a folder, and after he pbo'ed it, it got a name and version of test, "Insurgency101e3.Zargabad".

But N3ro Troy himself can explain you that (I hope you can undestand it, REALLY!), so fortunately this meaningless discussion can end.

Edited by N. Rodrigues