Sign in to follow this  
Fireball

Insurgency

Finally got a chance to try this out last nite....and I gotta say wow..was an absolute blast..action from the start and actual objectives that require both firepower and stealth and mostly team play to stay alive..soon as my server is back up with the hopefully soon released A2 patch I'll be hosting this for sure..great work and thanks for picking it up and moving forward with it!

JC

@Diesel Tech JC

Thanks we try improve everything and self too ;)

Propose your ideas on DH or here!

Clafghan good map but have more errors, i port it few days ago, but have troubles in RPT and with AI (dont wish walk on map, helis not fly etc. - ALICE not integrated), I ask aobut thi to map dev's, WIP on fixes...

I realise Ins on Clafghan when map be fixed!

Well if your taking suggestions for islands..I'd like to throw Thirsk Winter into the mix...its a great map and could be a challenge for Insurgency...again thanks for the great work!

JC

Sorry, but Thirsk does not have open houses, I investigated all known maps that were made for Arma2 and chose only those which are suitable for the Insurgency!

But new map special for Ins inprogress ;)

Panthera2 (by IceBrekr) in progress too!!!

Thanks for the reply and looking into it..appreciate everything youve done ...really love Insurgency,,keep up the good work!

JC

Is anyone working on a conversion for Vietnam, be it VTE or Unsung?

Show me this!? And fully say what you mean)

Edited by J-Guid

Great Insurgency Thread!

I am currently deeply reworking Insurgency, I have noticed some servers running 0.82! I want to get the most up to date version before I finish my work with it, but I can't find a download for 0.82 just .81A which is what I'm using. Can anyone help me find the 0.82 on Takistan?

EDIT: Horrible Grammar Skills

Edited by twicedead

If you have problems with the night being pitch-black, try setting it to a night that isn't pitch-black...

What people don't seem to realize here is that there are very popular Insurgency servers out there that set the time to night and one has no control over it. Sure, anyone can set the time and other options and run their own server and have NOBODY join it and therefore no game happens.

You probably will get better results by trying to contact the server admin, then. If he cares enough to actually keep the mission up to date, he should care enough about using good settings.

Of course, it would probably be a good idea to make it clear in the settings regarding what kind of night you're going to get, if it isn't already the case.

Yea WE DO IT!!! :D!

But not all wished (planed) features and functions realised in 1.50!

After New Year's holydays I planed to make more improvements and better features for my love Ins mission ;)! Following us ;)

New release 1.50

- ACE version

- it's now an UNO mission (soldiers from many armies)

- includes heli lift system

- diverse tweaks and enhancements according to the roadmap (see link below)

Legacy version: 1.00

- Re-release of 0.81a

- Captive RC-Pilot and Base (so the BLUFOR base doesn't get hammered permanently)

- Fireball & Kol9yN (aka J-Guid)

--------

Project Details

Mission available at

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/files

For improvements and fixes, please see the roadmap at:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/insurgency/roadmap

Please feel free to post your suggestions here or, better even, file a ticket on DevHeaven in the project issue tracker.

Edited by Fireball

&U2 Kremator, download this and say what you think :)!

---------- Post added at 23:01 ---------- Previous post was at 22:59 ----------

Wating for critic and sugestions!

Excellent work..cant wait to get this loaded up on my new ace/acre server..thanks for the great work!

JC

Mission files UPLOADED!!! GO AHEAD!!! DOWNLOAD :)

---------- Post added at 23:37 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

Thanks Diesel Tech ;), but its not end ;) :D!

Im selebrate too with wiski and great company ;)

encountered a slight problem with the regular 1.5 version. the mission will only spawn the players on the very bottom left corner of the map,with 5 small bunkers,3 russian caches and a M2 stryker. the stryker cannot function as a HQ.

my server is running CO with no mods nor beta patches. same for the players

the 1.0 ones work fine though.

encountered a slight problem with the regular 1.5 version. the mission will only spawn the players on the very bottom left corner of the map,with 5 small bunkers,3 russian caches and a M2 stryker. the stryker cannot function as a HQ.

I'm sorry, I didn't test the missions after I compiled the PBOs, as I was in a rush.

Looks like I botched sync'ing the "common" subrepos to the correct branch. Bear with me while I correct this and re-upload fixed PBOs for 1.50.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

I'm afraid, there is more to it than mismatched submodules. Looks like something got messed up, I'll have to debug the code first.

Lay down that whiskey, Kol9yN... :-/

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Ok, I've investigated into it using Squint and found out that special comments using 6 slashes (//////), introduced 3 months ago made the preprocessor fail (using preProcessFileLineNumbers).

I reduced the comments to the regular double-slashes (//) and there it worked again!

Apologies to all those who already downloaded it and couldn't play; please re-download the fixed missions now.

On a side-note: Was anyone able to play those missions, e.g. with an earlier version (1.59?) of A2OA?

I'm sorry, I didn't test the missions after I compiled the PBOs, as I was in a rush.

Looks like I botched sync'ing the "common" subrepos to the correct branch. Bear with me while I correct this and re-upload fixed PBOs for 1.50.

---------- Post added at 12:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 AM ----------

I'm afraid, there is more to it than mismatched submodules. Looks like something got messed up, I'll have to debug the code first.

Lay down that whiskey, Kol9yN... :-/

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 AM ----------

Ok, I've investigated into it using Squint and found out that special comments using 6 slashes (//////), introduced 3 months ago made the preprocessor fail (using preProcessFileLineNumbers).

I reduced the comments to the regular double-slashes (//) and there it worked again!

Apologies to all those who already downloaded it and couldn't play; please re-download the fixed missions now.

On a side-note: Was anyone able to play those missions, e.g. with an earlier version (1.59?) of A2OA?

Thanks very much for the hard work, been playing alot of this, plan to do some heavy modding off both this and patrol ops, will be glad to show you what we come up with down the road.