Sign in to follow this  
slatts

NTA New Takistani Army

Hey guys

A few days back while messing around with the Irish army units I'm working on for MIDF mod, I had an idea to make an NTA based of the

PMC campaign....ah see not the ANA :P

(spoiler for those who don't have the DLC)

But my unit consisted of a man wearing a USMC helmet, the chest rig and body from the SLA in arma1, also the SLA and RACS cookie chip camo, I'm not going for reskins of the TA units now, I feel new gear would be better

Something went wrong with the unit yesterday so I'm afraid no pics yet

However

I want to hear your ideas for weapons, vehicles and equipment, along with your reasons so I can get an idea where your coming from

/copy and paste\

Weapons:

Vehicles:

Equipment:

Other:

I'm going along the idea that most of the TA vehicles were destroyed in arrowhead so new western vehicles could be a good choice

Note that this is a side project from MIDF, and work may be slow, but I hope you will take an interest :D

Regards,

Blinky

Edited by Slatts

Sounds good. I have alot of little side projects also. I got afew ideas about older US equipment that would of been sold off to equip the TA army. I am out doing Xmas stuff so I will post pics n stuff when I get home. Good idea you got going hope others jump on also.

The FALs, AKs, M16A2s they have as small arms still looks fitting. The Iraqi military are getting more or less the same (But less FALs and M16s I would believe hehe).

As for Vehicles I would think the UN forces there (From Chernarus) would be able to provide Urals and UAZs and such. I would think... -possibly- if theres a few left over HMMWVs (With the notion that most if not all the Taki motor-pool was destroyed) might be spared to re-arm them. Some of the -older- models, not the armored version (The US would so keep that to ourselves -nodnod-). They would certainly not have any scud launchers anymore (So those shouldn't be on the notepad to work on :P). M113s they'd have since they had'm before... hrm... Old UH-1s clearly for the air XD haha... but maybe some left over gear the UN (From Chern) could fit. Might be able to get away with the CZ or Germans providing some of their older gear possibly?

Equiment wise, I don't think the Taki would be given a modern Marine Combat helmet. Think they would get old Vietnam Era ones hidden in an armory or possibly something from CZ/German/Chern forces.

It's hard to come up with any 'New' ideas since the Taki military was using gear from the US/RU from the start anyway. Think only the Camo patterns, vests and structure would be some of the most noticeable changes I would think. They'd just have more US/NATO/UN looking gear due to the Russian's I think not liking them from the start. (If the history matches the area Takistan is based from). ^^ Just my two cents. Was stuffing my face while writing this so sorry if it's all mucked up and holds bits of ham and turkey! Hehe

(PS if you need testers when they get into that phase. I'll gladly help ^^)

Weapons:M4/16 series, since US is switching into SCAR series in ArmAverse :)

Vehicles: 5T trucks, HMMWVs, M113 and M60 tanks.

Equipment: Old woodland IBA vests, with LC2 system on em' and 3 col desert uniform

Older version of F-16 would fit. Is there a way to dumb down the weapon systems and counter mesures? Maybe less power as the engine would be older.

F-4 phantoms maybe older migs also like the 25 foxbat or the 21 fulcrum. I got the ok to port over the Tornado from OFP. That would work also. Would need a retext once it was ready.

I think older versions of the gear we have now would fit better. They would not sell anything they don't have a counter or better version of.

Mig-21, F-4, M60, M113 for vehicles

M16A2 series, some M4s, some new fal variants (red dot/acog?), some AKs of course. M136 + RPG-7's.

I think it should be a mix of older US and older Soviet tech since that's what they would be armed with right?

This is a really cool idea. A few new units, plus reskins and new configs that can add a lot of depth to Takistan scenarios.

Weapons: I prefer the idea of an all-M16 armed force, perhaps with the M60 used as the squad-level MG. M136/AT-4 works for disposable AT, the MAAWS for assault squads, and the Dragon for heavy AT squads.

Vehicles: Perhaps thrown in some HMMWV's for good measure, if you feel like skinning them. Then they could have a fairly solid light infantry with HMMWV's and UH-1's for transport, combined with a mechanized force of T72's and M113's. So mostly all Western gear with the T-72 carried over from the "old regime".

I was also contemplating converting the Takistani Forces to real life Turkmenistan Forces, basically adding old Soviet style weapons etc. etc.

Something for another Middle Eastern country to declar war on!! ;)

Iraqi has many many Su-25s and MiGs

To keep those AK style weapons in sight is still good because the Soviet invasion on Afghan during cold war etc.

thanks for all the input :D

i do like the idea of the -16 myke, but would a harrier be better? considering england got rid of them

for all vehicles a new camo pattern would be needed i think to avoid clashing with the opfor takis and p:racs

how about tan:black:brown?

on a psp now so ill type up more ideas later

Equiment wise, I don't think the Taki would be given a modern Marine Combat helmet. Think they would get old Vietnam Era ones hidden in an armory or possibly something from CZ/German/Chern forces.

chern CZ and usmc all have the same helmet :P

i think i will go with reskins of the old unarmoured hmmwv's from arma1

may also keep the T-72, i was reading up on the iraqi army and seen they may order strykers

too much for the NTA?

im most liking going with the cookie chip pattern for their uniforms, they will look at lot like the RACS along with some russian equipment such as the chest rig (http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/TNA.jpg)

weapons wise, M4 red-dots rather then M16 maybe? maybe the aks-74u with the kobra sight?

still, some good ideas being tossed up so far :) glad to see the interest

I'm not so into historical data of the armaverse so i can barely say something meaningful. However, the F-16 is in use by a lot of nations, also middle east, that it might be possible to explain the presence of the F-16 in the NTA Air Force, maybe buyed from an army that gets rid of their F-16 fleet for any reason...i don't know. I'm not into politics. ;)

But finally it is your decision.

Myke;1820840']I'm not so into historical data of the armaverse so i can barely say something meaningful. However' date=' the F-16 is in use by a lot of nations, also middle east, that it might be possible to explain the presence of the F-16 in the NTA Air Force, maybe buyed from an army that gets rid of their F-16 fleet for any reason...i don't know. I'm not into politics. ;)

But finally it is your decision.[/quote']

thats a fair point :) after all , after BAF and PMC the year is around 2014, i guess a nation could get rid of their F-16's by then and give them to takistan

after all, its not like they have to have just the one aircraft :)

F-16 is going down on the list :)

Some french stuff would be nice for the New Takistani Army

Alot of french equipment is used in middle east

I was also contemplating converting the Takistani Forces to real life Turkmenistan Forces, basically adding old Soviet style weapons etc. etc.

Something for another Middle Eastern country to declar war on!! ;)

like this idea YorT

If you're going to create a New Takistani Army, you can take the things which are already avaiable as a base. There's no reason why a New Takistani Army shouldn't use and refurbish stuff from the Takistani Army and Militia at the beginning. I don't think that Takistan would be able to use / buy many new stuff after the war. Even if it has the many the Royal Takistani Resistance troops would have to be trained to use new material.

So let's say NTA from 2012 - 2014 can be equipped with "old" stuff having BTR-40, T-34, T-72 and so on ... and 2014+ stuff could be more modern stuff like T-80, HMMWV, maybe even some Bradleys.

Just try to figure out which vehicles of the NATO will be replaced in the near future. Those are the things which will be sold to other countries as other posters indicated.

Regarding the paintjob of some vehicles you should stick to the established colors having black, white and green.

Just let me know if you need help creating a cfgGroups for your army when you're finished modelling.

T-62 ! There are a lot used in the middle-east region, but has not been featured in ArmA 2.

Only by Vilas, but that addon is not compatible with ACE Mod.

in middle asia they use many ex warsaw pact rifles, Romanian, Hungarian, Yugo, DDR etc.

and in what thing (action etc.) my vehicles stood in conflict with ACE ? as they inherit BIS classes from vanila game

what do you guys think of using the cz SA-58 series of rifles in OA rather then the AK?

why you want arm them in other weapons than AKs ? which are main weapons there in A-Stan , Iraq, Caucas, Egipt , Palestine etc. regions ?

why you want arm them in other weapons than AKs ? which are main weapons there in A-Stan , Iraq, Caucas, Egipt , Palestine etc. regions ?

i love AKs dont get me wrong

but i feel like they are over used a bit in arma, and something different could be good for a bit

there might be a mixture of weapons in the end so AKs will most likely in used

but alongside other weapons

in the end, i want this to be a community mod, where the players choose which would be better, rather then me picking and hoping the community likes it

so thats why i want your ideas :)