Sign in to follow this  
slatts

NTA New Takistani Army

Looks cool, but how about keeping the FN-FAL on *most* units? :P

of course it your addon, and your decision, I just made a suggestion. :)

As previously said, Takistan got pretty large supply of FN-FALs in ArmAverse obviously, since most units are armed with them. My suggestion would be to give em' PASGT helmets instead of LWH, FN FAL and M16a2-a3 rifles, and let em' keep some of their old gear. Like uniforms etc... Same old uniform, but add IBA vests and chestrigs. That'll do the trick :D

As previously said, Takistan got pretty large supply of FN-FALs in ArmAverse obviously, since most units are armed with them. My suggestion would be to give em' PASGT helmets instead of LWH, FN FAL and M16a2-a3 rifles, and let em' keep some of their old gear. Like uniforms etc... Same old uniform, but add IBA vests and chestrigs. That'll do the trick :D

exactly, i thought about same thing :D

well, im not a big fan of the FAL in arma, although i love it IRL, plus my idea is that the year is around 2014 so (at least in arma2) the US is getting rid of the m16/m4 series for the scar, and the NTA is the perfect place to offload :D so the m16/203 may enter the grenadier slot

the uniforms,

the helmets i thought were PASGT ones..at least they look like them lol

the vest is the interceptor...not sure but i read they are being swapped for newer ones? so the old one this guy has might fit

as for vehicles

im going with the older unarmoured hmmwv, but might add an armoured vehicle im working on for MIDF, would add a more unique vehicle. the RG-32LTV

any suggestions regarding armoured and aircraft? along with the F-16..maybe a mig-29? as for rotorwing, tiger hap? maybe keep the mi-17 for transport

LWH's sort of look like PASGT's but are not

well whats their staus in the US army? will/could they be replaced by 2012-2014?

NTA would use surplus former Eastern Bloc hardware purchased from Eastern European countries modernizing their armed forces to Bluefor equipment. More bang for buck and still sufficient for fighting off insurgents. Its win-win for Bluefor - the money goes back into arms industry in the Bluefor countries. Besides, Bluefor probably wouldn't want them using half-decent equipment in the off chance they end up in rebel hands. The loyalty of the Takistanis to the new State of Takistan (as opposed to tribal and clan loyalties) would be suspect at this early stage.

Edited by MissionCreep

NTA would use older Russian/Soviet equipment. More bang for buck and still sufficient for fighting off insurgents. Besides, the US probably wouldn't want them using half-decent equipment in the off chance they end up in rebel hands. The loyalty of the Takistanis to the new State of Takistan (as opposed to tribal and clan loyalties) would be suspect at this early stage.

fair point, but looking at the iraqi and afghan armies they do use modernish equipment rather then the soviet equipment they had before

no matter how loyal the side is, rebels will get their hands on it

in ireland ive seen pictures of the IRA wearing british camo and using FN-MAG gpmg's and L85's

im pretty sure the brits didnt just hand that over

well whats their staus in the US army? will/could they be replaced by 2012-2014?

probably if they're not already phased out. The pasgts aren't being used in all branches iirc actually.

LWHs's are what the marines use right now, if that's what you meant. I dont think the army ever used them.

probably if they're not already phased out. The pasgts aren't being used in all branches iirc actually.

LWHs's are what the marines use right now' date=' if that's what you meant. I dont think the army ever used them.[/quote']

alright cheers, wasnt sure on the status of US military helmets lol just took the model from arma1 :D

yeah the one with straps going to neck (4 point one iirc?) is the one Marines use, along with small amounts of PASGT. Army still has some PASGTs in service around iraq/afganistan afaik, but being allmost completelly replaced by ACH/MICH. Now, I'm no US military expert, so everything I just said might be loads of bullcrap, but we're not here to discuss that. :)

I'm sadden'd to see the LWH used in wayy too many models.. Even the CZ units in OA use LWH, whish is.. well.. :j:

two new pics

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/ntahummv.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm180/guitaro-man/takirifle.jpg

note:the hummv texture is just setobject and working on getting it in-game as an addon

unit may be released this weekend as a single rifleman unit as i work on medics and other abilities etc.

also during an online test, the camo worked very well and is well suited for takistans desert and green areas

Got your PM. Been busy at work but I will send you info and pics when I get home Friday night.

Keep up the great work. The work in progress is looking great. I will look thru hard drive for some older aircraft that might work for you.

Imagining the armed forces of a country is something I'm good at...

Honestly, you could leave fixed wing fighter planes for now. The entire Takistani air force would have been totally destroyed in the initial invasion, corresponding to common western tactics, and the US or any other nation wouldn't be bothered to arming the air force within two years (Iraq and Afghanistan doesn't even have fighters planes today, and Iraq and Afghanistan does exist in armaverse) other than the possibly giving them older transport planes like C-130H's or Alenia G.222's or small turboprops like a Super Tucano or an AT-6.

As for helicopters, refurbished Mi-24/35's would fit in the category of a newly created armed forces, with donated Mi-17/8's as the most common utility helicopter, while MD500's or Bell 206's being in the special forces and observation role. UH-1H's would be viable, but considering their age it's likely that the NTA would have decommissioned them within the next two years (or you could fiddle around with them to make the model look like the new "Super Hueys" http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d8/Iraqi_Air_Force_UH-1.jpg/800px-Iraqi_Air_Force_UH-1.jpg). A UH-60 might be a possibility if were talking about lend-lease or donations, but it is highly unlikely.

The standard all-purpose utility vehicle would likely be the HMMWV with most variants using hillbilly armor, with FRAG 6 variants reserved for the special operations role. In regards to trucks, M39 1/2 trucks would be used for fuel and ammunition supply roles, while Tatra trucks would be used for repair and general utility role (without bed cover). Armored vehicles would be T-72's (may or may not be modernized) or US M60's medium tanks (with customary soldier graffiti on them), BTR-80/94's or EE-9 Cascavel's, Cadillac Gage Commando V-150's or V-200's or BRDM-2's, M113's with (HQ, medical, recovery, and engineering variants), MT-LB's, BMP-1/2's, and for an extra zing, MRAP's in one or two types (favoring the Cougar, MaxxPro's, and the Nyala's).

Individual equipment for regulars would vary, for a realistic feel, have a mismatch bunch of clothing with (but not limited to) US BDU, US DCU, the Chocolate-Chip, Jordanian KA6, and a darker shade of desert MARPAT with tan boots and rolled up sleeves. Body armor would be the IBA in woodland and coyote camouflage with either an LC-2 kit, LBV-88's, MOLLE pouches, or maybe a chest rig of your own design with camelbaks for general infantry and backpacks for special roles. Helmets would be the PASGT with or without cover (adorned with various accessories such as goggles, Takistani flag, helmet bands, and more graffiti). Soldiers with specialized roles like translators would use balaclavas or shemaghs to hide their faces from the locals, in fear of being targets by the guerrillas when off duty. Their weapons would be M16A2/A4's and AK's of various types, with the M9 being the standard sidearm. support weapons would be the PKM, UW2000's, RPG-7/29's, M136's, SVD's, M24's, M1014's NSV's/KORD's, M240's, and both the RGO-5 and M67 grenades.

Special forces soldiers would use black, DCU, BDU, multicam, ACU, or woodland/desert MARPAT with gloves, foot wear would be tan boots or even Nike sneakers like this charming fellow of the ANA Commandos is diplaying http://i39.tinypic.com/ngy3d4.jpg. Their headgear would be MICH helmets without covers adorned with Spec ops stuff like goggles, IR strobes, NVG's, Flags, and of course, more graffiti. They would use CIRAS style vests in black, tan, or coyote colors, or chest rigs if they are doing LRRP's with camelbaks and backpacks given to the appropriate unit. Weapon wise they would use M4 variants (M4A1, M4A3's) and M249's, M60's, and custom AK's like the AMD-65.

all in all that is what they would use if, generally speaking, they were just rearming their armed forces.

Your welcome,

Sincerely...

Teflin

Geardo, ARMA 2 player, and amateur defense analyst.

Christ...I forgot I even made these.

This guy's good....real good. ^_^

He's terrible at following the forum rules though.

Abs