Sign in to follow this  
Second

MultiDiscussion : TES5: Skyrim, BattleField 3, COD, R6 etc.

That and from a player standpoint it's not hard to hold a button then use the control stick to maneuver to a quick left or right once or twice, it's sheer lazy incompetence.

That and from a player standpoint it's not hard to hold a button then use the control stick to maneuver to a quick left or right once or twice, it's sheer lazy incompetence.

Thats most gaming today sadly.

The instant action. Hand holding, rage quit when they get shot kiddies

I play a lot of Battlefield 2142. A much more balanced, team work oriented game then BF2.

Many many a time my friends and I have gone up against a team of a dozen or so aimbot/Wallhack idiots and wiped the floor with them using basic communication, tactics and teamwork.

The saddest part of games today other then the dumbing down is

the lack of love developers are giving to the games they create.

Game design used to be an Art that people were proud of

now it's just a money thing. quantity over quality.

EA used to be short for "Electronic Artists"

Yeah..reminds me of this http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/extra-credits/2794-An-Open-Letter-to-EA-Marketing I could say more but at this point I think it best I simply not speak of the console crowd much less call of duty, I've become too sour of them.

But what is worse then they is as you said, the companies themselves..computers have had amazing strides in their advancement, just as consoles, however consoles will never be able to match the best computer, computers will always be at least one step ahead due to the fact that they can and are always being upgraded at a rapid rate rather than one every some odd years. The capacity for which they hold offers the chance to do amazing things that consoles just can't, or can't do as well.

I imagine the people who actually work on the game itself still take pride and have love for what they do, the big problems are the big wigs who want their product to be just like the one that sold so well, forever stuck in a foolish endevour that cannot be reached without ruining everything that was great about the game before.

Edited by NodUnit

I miss the old EA of Trip Hawkins day.

And walking into a game store buying games based on the weight of the box. :)

EA used to be short for "Electronic Artists"

Electronic Arts. ;)

Gj6CVU1rm9A

:cc:

Edited by Iroquois Pliskin

Schwarzwald? Man I hated that map. Especially the race with '75 3.3L 911 Turbo on it. '73 911 Carrera RS was pretty tricky as well.

I miss the old EA of Trip Hawkins day.

And walking into a game store buying games based on the weight of the box. :)

Yep, they were weighty with a solid instruction manual which I would always read first. Bringing one of those games home was more of an event, at least in my little mind.

Notables being:

Racing Destruction Set

M.U.L.E

Adventure Construction Set

One on One: Dr. J vs. Larry Bird

The Seven Cities of Gold

The Bard's Tale

Mail Order Monsters

Racing Destruction Set

every call of duty game the stories and game-play get more and more un-realistic and gay, cod is not even worth a double face-palm

Inb4 "Press F to win"

Lag Ops were not that bad for me but servers or players were often lagging. So if they make the game with proper in-game RCon it might be good. As long as there is decent RCon I dont care about any overpowered UMP45s, ACRs or noobtubes. Like in Lag Ops, AWM + tomahawk only :). I just ban the weapons/perks I dont want to be used on the server. Oh wait, you cant do that on consoles...

...thats why I have a PC.

It's a damn cool trailer, but unless they decide to treat their PC fans at least equally with our console brethren, I won't buy it.

Damn, looks exactly the same as all the other cods...

Surprise?

Cool Trailer, I might borrow it from a friend to play the campaign

this looks awful - graphics looks ok ,but the gameplay looks same over and over like MW2.

"Lets make a epic story - WW3 with Russians are destroying all citys , killing everyone and US army goes to rescue us" FPDR

Eh it's a game, not all games have to be realistic and there is nothing wrong with expanding ones imagination to scenerio's that likely wouldn't exist in the real world, to do so would be wasting the medium. I want to know why the US is seen is just about every nation rather than concentrating on our own, I think in that scenerio we might have to say "screw you all we need to defend and rebuild ourself" but I could be wrong.

This looks amazing, I cant wait until release day so I can stare at other people playing it on youtube comparing machine specs and fighting in the comments sections :)

Its going to be so much fun, almost like watching small CGI films all over the place.

Purchase? .... ummm, fuck no.

the first call of duty was pretty cool.

I still got it on disc somewhere around my place

the first call of duty was pretty cool.

I still got it on disc somewhere around my place

Yeah, The first and second were good. WaW,Blops and MW2 ruined the whole series. I can still remember hiding with friends from German Panzers and destroying them in Foy.