Sign in to follow this  
Commonplace

Vietnam the Experience: released!

Am I the only one who can hear the sound loop of the engine-sounds very clearly? For example with the F-100.

Every 2-3 seconds there is a very distinctive "click" sound when the loop starts again.

Tpm , our sound man was redoing most if not all sounds , I guess he didn't get around to all jets . I'll talk to him on our irc if he's on soon .

Tpm ' date=' our sound man was redoing most if not all sounds , I guess he didn't get around to all jets . I'll talk to him on our irc if he's on soon .[/quote']

Nah, officially I'm not VTE "sound man", Snake Man asked me a few months ago if I could help him out with some weapon sounds, so I quickly threw them together (thats why all they have the same echo/reverb). Weapon sounds only. ;)

The afore mentioned fact aside this is rather impressive..

I did not at first believe there was going to be so many maps, and they at all good, although as your aware still needing further work but what you have is a damn good start

Where can we report bugs ?

Here, Addons & mods: Discussion, or pmc forum ?

I found two major !! jeep mgunner is injured when disembark and the same happens to huey right gunner ..

awesome mod ir was my fav mod for OFP!!

Edited by Staker

Pmc forums . Snake Man doesn't go on bi anymore

That is really sad. I always appreciated the VTE MOD. Hope he will change his mind.

Thanks for all your hard work.

kind regards

Pmc forums . Snake Man doesn't go on bi anymore

Can i ask why?

Has it something to do with

BIS sucks
? :p

thx to share this nice mod.i noticed a nice fps,in my old pc with medium,high details i had around 90 fps stable^^ nice work guys

Can i ask why?

Has it something to do with ? :p

Long story , pm snake man on pmc forums if you really want to know :)

Long story ' date=' pm snake man on pmc forums if you really want to know :)[/quote']

Ok, thanks for replying :cool:

Would also be glad to do some bug reports. Unfortunately I'm unable to retrieve my password. My username is stilll listed. I would have to register newly under a new username and therefore create a double account which I would like to avoid.

Is there any other PMC Tactical admin active on BIS forum, given the fact that snakeman will not visit this forum anymore. Maybe someone could help me to retrieve my former password.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

p.s. I love the terrains but have found some bugs. So much stuff, you guys did an amazing job.

Unsung has more detailed models (actually), has less units (men, armored, weapons, etc .. ), has less islands but more detailed, but VTE islands are GREAT !!

VTE is extremely fsp friendly and unsung is heavy to run.

Unsung is a nice mod but this is awesome !!

For me Uns score a 7 and VTE score an 8. But I'm confident when VTE will be finshished will score a 10 !!

But this is just my opinion ... :)

Just finished to play all Unsung mission (twice :D) and here's another Vietnam mod :yay:

I'll need some dentist sucking pipe not to drown :bounce3:

And now suddenly two questions?

What's about debugging campaing?

I started Aussie campaign, played for a while then was shot and died. I at once clicked for reload but it said the mission was missing CAweapons. Suggestions?

I'm running ArmA2 DVD standalone patched to 1.05 and several visual mods (noblur, landtext, sakulight, sakusun).

Bytheway great work to you too guys ;)

What is the status of the floating bridges issue?

I still really love the mod excellent work.

What is the status of the floating bridges issue?

I still really love the mod excellent work.

I don't believe it gets fixed anytime soon. Snakeman has left the forum. AFAIK he will not work on the mod this year anymore. I'm not a terrain maker but I believe to fix this issue must be a major pain in the back. I love the terrains in VTE and the mod is just so huge, so many things to try. it's a real pitty if it's not getting fixed. I'm not into moding but to create this mod with such a vast quantity of models, terrains must have taken some years.

In any case I would like to thank all fellow community members who have worked on the VTE mod especially Snakeman

kind regards

Snake man is working on the mod I can assure you. Slower than usual , he's burnt out you know. Every day for the last few months he was working hard to get everything fixed in time for a release . Give him time :)

VTE is a very large add-on , it takes full days to binarize the pbos.

Edited by Fox '09

Yeah I know Fox

I'm not pushing him, believe me. I'm grateful for all the hard work he and you guys have done to get this huge mod to release. I know VTE still from the old OFP days and I can only guess how much work, time and effort had went into VTE. I know also that Snakeman has worked relentlessly on this mod for years OFP, Armed Assault and now ARMA and he got all my respect. Sometimes it's necessary to take a break. I hope he's going to be alright and that he'll find the strenght to fix bugs when the time comes.

kind regards