Sign in to follow this  
aspire

Patch 1.55 Issues

V-Sync enabled locks your fps to 60, if and when your fps go down, they are going down to 30fps on the first drop. Once your fps go below 20, the human can see the slowness. Above 20 just looks like smoothness.

With V-Sync off, your fps run as fast as your display can run them, if and when something causes your fps to dip, the fps won't dip to 30fps. So whatever is causing your fps to nose dive can cause the fps to go clear to 0.

With V-Sync enabled and Triple Buffer on, there is always an extra frame for the vid card to render so your fps cannot go all the way to 0 fps.

'You should know what you are talkin about before you tell someone to read your post more carefully'

They changed something else to cause the flashing textures and vegetation.

Since Patch 1.55 I have experienced some highly annoying issues.

Buildings/Walls disappear when I dont look at them for like 5 seconds even if they are directly behind me and then they render back in

I too am having the exact same problem. Some times I can be in-game for an hour or two, or simply ten minutes before things start disappearing and reappearing. Some times it may be things like hangars or buildings, or like tonight for example.. entire towns/cities when viewed from a distance of less than 100m-200m.

Specifications:

Windows 7 64-bit 6.1 build 7600

4gb DDR2 1066Mhz RAM

ATi RADEON HD4890 1024mb With latest 10.10 drivers

Samsung EcoGreen F2 1TB Serial ATA 32mb cache HDD

AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ 3.2Ghz

DirectX 11

Graphics settings in-game are usually always set to around normal with some settings such as shadows or terrain textures on high. HDR is set to high and V-sync as well as tripple buffering are enabled as always.

I have never previously experienced this issue, and none of my settings have changed.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

- Badgers

I've never said that I had fps-related problems - you came up with that. I said that I only experience flashing vegetation and AI-sound bugs

1) after the new patch

2) with vsync on (INGAME)

So there should be a relation and so there should be someone to report this in this thread. No reason to become nasty ...

As you fly or drive, buildings are rendering very close, if u look around they render back and forth, some street lamps in night time flashing , some glow effect happens as well because of light and nvg. random drop of fps.

I had no issues until 1.55.

I noticed another issue that occured sometimes in 1.54 but now very frequent in 1.55, extreme low pitched and slow speaking A.I.

Ranging from "giant monster from hell voice" down to "alien mumble sound", both not really understandable.

You can get the same effect if you pitch your own profile voice down like 0.01 in user.cfg.

So it must be something in A.I. config that sets the Voices that low randomly.

Happens in all Warfare mission, including user made Warfare BE or ZGM.

Exactly the same problem happends to me. I was playing Warfare too when that happend(James Earl Jones voice), maybe is something related with Warfare or maybe 1.55. Bis should check this too!

I have had the LOD weaknesses the most of all these problems, at the moment it is making the game near unplayable, I hope to see a fix soon.

After applying the 1.55 patch, I am getting some scripting errors. The one below occurs in the menu screen when the game displays the Czech soldiers on a hilltop. It occurs when rocket fire hits a vehicle below.

drop [["\ca\Data\Particle>
 Error getpos: Type String, expected Object,Location
File ca\Data\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\muzzle\rocket.sqf, line 12
Error in expression <his select 0, _this select 4];
};

_p = getpos _sh;

Error position: <getpos _sh;

I also get a similar one when using the artillery module with mortars, except the file is "rifle.sqf" instead of rocket.

my patch version is 1.55.75445 my A2 and OA both use english interface i guess they both r english version i can't tell u more i just don't know how to distinguish more difference between them.

i do not use beta so can't tell when the problem start.

i wasn't being very helpfull was i???

what addons you using? i had the problem when running CBA with a few things, hotfix here for CBA version 0.7.0 http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15023#note-8

After applying the 1.55 patch, I am getting some scripting errors. The one below occurs in the menu screen when the game displays the Czech soldiers on a hilltop. It occurs when rocket fire hits a vehicle below.

Error in expression <his select 0, _this select 4];
};

_p = getpos _sh;

Error position: <getpos _sh;

I also get a similar one when using the artillery module with mortars, except the file is "rifle.sqf" instead of rocket.

This is my first post. I am having the same or similar experiences as Ulanthorn (sounds have been slow and low) and r3volution (freezing of rendering and out-of-memory issues in the same home made missions that worked fine on patch 1.54.72888). I performed incremental installs from original disks ARMA2 OA testing the same mission and watching via EVGA Precision display on my G15 Logitech keyboard my Video board loading and Vid Memory usage. These are the revisions tested: 1.50.70996 original then patched to 1.54.72888 then patched to 1.55.75445. The first two revisions had none of the above issues and ran smoothly. Revision 1.55.75445 always experienced major sluggishness after an initial period of normal running with the exception that I would initially see for a moment a rendering of graphics like faces and textures that were very primitive (polygonal heads and blurry textures). I ran through this incremental installation three times and each time the result was the same. I have left my install at 1.54.72888 as the game is not enjoyable at the 1.55.75445. The following are some of the specs of my system. I really enjoy this game.

OS: XP Pro (5.1, Build 2600), Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 6400 @2.13GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 2046MB RAM, Page file: 411MB used, 3527MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c(4.09.0000.0904), Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260

total Vid memory: 896.0MB, Current Display Mode: 1280x1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Vid driver: Version 6.14.0012.6099 dated 10/16/2010

@anarcho: totally awesome, it was CBA, thanks for the link! I actually searched around dev-heaven earlier, but apparently had the wrong key words :)

When finished installing 1.55 I now can play for 5 or 10 minutes and suddenly everything slows down to unplayable. Bldg's, Vehicls, enemy troops and aircraft diassappear and then movement goes to slow motion.. Game esentially is ruined by ths and cannot be played.

Another issue I noticed is that the AI fly's their choppers directly into the ground over the AO... Watched several in a row do this...

Have 4 GB RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, latest drivers..

Something has been mucked up in the patch...

When finished installing 1.55 I now can play for 5 or 10 minutes and suddenly everything slows down to unplayable. Bldg's, Vehicls, enemy troops and aircraft diassappear and then movement goes to slow motion.. Game esentially is ruined by ths and cannot be played.

Experiencing this now, slows down to a crawl and even the LOD starts lagging to the point that it's not even loading. Sometimes when I try to exit during one of these slow downs, I crash to desktop. Only had something like this happen to me once, months ago, before this latest patch. Now it's happening nearly everytime I play a game.

Intel e6600 C2D

Nvidia 9800 GTX+ 260.99 driver

4GB RAM

WIN XP SP3

Edited by BF2_Trooper

I noticed another issue that occured sometimes in 1.54 but now very frequent in 1.55, extreme low pitched and slow speaking A.I.

I have the same problem with the last final patch 1.55. I didn't have this problem with the beta patches.

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:37 PM ----------

Please could anyone suffering this issue specify:

* the last exact beta (build number) that did not have this problem

* and the first exact beta (build number) where this problem was introduced based on this list

from http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

It would help us significantly to be able to address this issue as quickly as possible.

Thank you

The last good beta patch for me was ARMA2_OA_Build_74858. I noticed bad LODs switching in 75445. I didn't try Beta 75666 (that was a bad idea to put "666" in it :D ). After beta patch 75445 I have installed final patch 1.55 and many problems have come.

Edited by Vipera

most people knows today that "666" is not number of the beast and was actually misinterpreted and most likely the different correct code was name of certain evil ruler in that times ...

G Day All,

Didn't want to start a new thread as there seems enough already anyway thought this would be the best spot.

Since the 1.55 patch our clan server is constantly crashing:crazy:

It was stable before the patch, we could run it non stop for weeks on end but now after an hr or two it dies

Its not a proper dedicated server as such its just ran off a clan mates spare pc it is a quad core and more than sufficient to run a server, He is in NZ so other than a bit of lag here and there the server ran sweet before the patch.

Below is the the error message from the .rpt file. from my mates pc who hosts the server, He said "he notice Pixel shader 2.0 support is required, funny thing is it all worked with 1.54."

=====================================================================

== c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"

Exe timestamp: 2010/07/29 06:23:43

Current time: 2010/08/05 13:44:07

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_INDICATE_LEFT

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_INDICATE_RIGHT

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_HAZARD_LIGHTS

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_INTERACT_VEH

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_PERS_ITEMS

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_QUICK_ENTER

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_COMM_OVERRIDE

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_TI_Brightness_Inc

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_TI_Brightness_Dec

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_TI_Contrast_Inc

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_TI_Contrast_Dec

Cannot register unknown string STR_USRACT_TI_AutoContrast_Toggle

Updating base class ->RscText, by ca\ui\config.bin/RscSplashText/

ErrorMessage: Pixel Shader 2.0 support required

== c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

== "c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe"

Exe timestamp: 2010/08/27 16:45:08

Current time: 2010/08/27 18:27:06

Version 1.54.72938

Checking DLC for update.

DLC check complete.

Item str_disp_left listed twice

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/13 16:19:04

Current time: 2010/11/13 22:51:35

Version 1.55.75556

Can't open file: c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\DLCSetup\BAF\checkFileList.lst

Having arma withdrawals so any help will be muchly appreciated :)

most people knows today that "666" is not number of the beast and was actually misinterpreted and most likely the different correct code was name of certain evil ruler in that times ...

"666" was a joke. Correct code is "1.55" (for Steam users) :D

An issue we were having last night on our dedicated server was the player freezing up when they came out of looking at thier map. Anyone else got this one?

Aslo seem to be getting "invisible" elements problem too - I noticed that even though under my cursor it said "SNIPER 5M" in front of me he was simply not showing up in game.

The six of >> Saturn<< the Masculine Dragon, otherwise known as El or the Anti-Christos 666 Beast.
Most people are miss informed. Although so far the patch hasn't formatted my hard drive :) Edited by mrcash2009

Okee,

Well I replay the singleplayer from harvest red and everytime when I'am in the mission Razor two I get a hanger. The screen hangs and I cannot do anything.

It happens when you are talking with dressler under the tent. (your first task is to talk with dressler)

And whats up with the slow loading screens. Since this patch the loading from the missions are very slow and sometimes the games stuttered.

Please fix this.

I have:

Windows 7 64x ultimate

Core i7

gtx285top

6gb

Version: 1.55.75445

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

tried the 75666 beta patch, i DL it from arma info

the re re re re re re re...... rendering still no change just kill my framerate even faster lasted about 20 min then again totally unplayable.

when i start them game it runs ok but u can tell that problem is still there just not as obviouse, then the longer u play the more obviouse it get,,, every object n taxture on it close or far just need to load again from the ground up as soon as u turn u head away from it, then they take longer to load fps drop even further then i had enough i quit...

u can even hear the pc work its ass off with all the non stop loading.

plz tell us what more info u need to pin the problem??? i will get it as long as i know how..

E8400

4870 1G with the latest driver 10.10

4g ram

vista 32bit

I noticed two things in Patch 1.55 "stable"

- The town Zavarak in Takistan is now named "Zavarak1"

- T34 (tested taki military version) fires the main cannon out of the coaxial MG

I noticed white lasers when i tell my squad to turn lasers on.

anyone else ?

the patch 1.55 slows down when playing several squads, air, armor, etc..really frustating..Im playing with all high settings ..

DELL XPS 630i Windows 7 32 -Bit

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 2.40GHz

3.50 GB Nvia Ge Force GTX 470

Patch 1.54 was pretty stable for me. Every time I play the game It ends up freezing in definitely since I patched to 1.55. I noticed that this seems to be a trend with almost everyone who patched to 1.55 don't understand the problem, but I hope you guys can fix it soon.

Gateway DX windows vista 64

Intel Core 2 Quad CPU 2.40GHz

1GB Nvidia Ge Force GTX 460