Sign in to follow this  
aspire

Patch 1.55 Issues

thats how the problem looks like BI!!!

Edited by j rock

I would like to chip in with a somewhat different issue related to 1.55:

After applying 1.55 patch to my Combined Arms, I can no longer see the yellow waypoint markers when playing single player missions. I also made sure that my difficulty level was at regular, and that it was edited to include HUD and waypoints. I have tested it once by reinstalling back to 1.54, where I can still see waypoints, then patched to 1.55, and voila, no waypoints.

CPU: AMD Athlon 7550 Dual Core 2.50 GHz

RAM: 3GB

GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4850

My specs are lower end and I get by with lower settings, but still, I don't think that should be a factor when it comes to waypoint markers.

I guess we'll have to wait for them to release PMC & a new compatibility patch.

I guess we'll have to wait for them to release PMC & a new compatibility patch.

when would it be? i don't give a crap about the PMC it is a total rip off, even the half way finish BAF is way better. just can't wait for the patch... no patch = no play, even if i wanted to. it just unplayable or it will just crash...

when would it be? i don't give a crap about the PMC it is a total rip off, even the half way finish BAF is way better. just can't wait for the patch... no patch = no play, even if i wanted to. it just unplayable or it will just crash...

Hey, nobody is happy with the mess 1.55 caused, including the guys at BIS. If they delayed PMC release is just because they're adressing the problem. Releasing the quick 75666 beta was a kind move to the comunity, and makes the game playable... at least it is not freezing anymore. Give it a try -if you have not- meanwhile BIS works 1.56 out

Regards

Releasing the quick 75666 beta was a kind move to the comunity, and makes the game playable... at least it is not freezing anymore.

75666 beta did not solve my CTD issues.

v1.55 has also introduced some problems for me.

Last good beta used: 74123

DvD: Arma2 + ARMA:OA

Sprocket: BAF

Sys:

Win 7 64

6Gb ram

i7 920

HD5870

Performance is lower. Especially large explosions(no mods)

Voices of AI so slow and low that they are not understandable

Ingame VoIP frequently does not transmit to other players even though the icons appear as normal. (All channels seem to behave as DIRECT)

Hind lowres/far texture pops on and off when in the distance. (Still very noticeable change though)

Edited by EDcase

I can not use any addons or mods. I just downloaded patch 1.55 and my pre-existing add-ons/mods didn't work. I thought maybe it wiped them clean so I downloaded them again and even installed them, but when I go to the editor it shows nothing. I can't find an of my add-ons/downloads. Any tips? Pointers? Help?

"Hind lowres/far texture pops on and off when in the distance. (Still very noticeable change though)"

Ye i can confirm that as well, it seems on patch 1.54 the mi24-V/P becomes textureless at 340m. Von and Thor (who are both running on 1.55) report that it begins to flicker/disappear at 500m and beyond.

I just had a quick test of 75666 and don't see any flashing graphics or low LOD objects - does it take a while to start or something?

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Intel I7-950 (overclocked)

Asus P6X58D Premium

3x2048Mb Mushkin Ridgeback 998826 (PC3 12800 6-8-6-24)

Sapphire ATi HD4890 1024Mb

OCZ 120G Vertex 2E SSD

I just had a quick test of 75666 and don't see any flashing graphics or low LOD objects - does it take a while to start or something?

Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Intel I7-950 (overclocked)

Asus P6X58D Premium

3x2048Mb Mushkin Ridgeback 998826 (PC3 12800 6-8-6-24)

Sapphire ATi HD4890 1024Mb

OCZ 120G Vertex 2E SSD

Takes a while sometimes, and some days it dont happen at all. For me, it usually occurs in Warfare servers.

it will happen. sum time it take a while for it to become obviouse, normally 5 to 10 min for me. then after 40 min or less gaming the issued get very very seriouse totally unplayable.

sum of my friend don't get any problem at all, no crash no flashing graphic, so they say,,, or sum of them only get part of the problem like CTD.

any update about the issued or for the issued yet BI???????????????? 75666 didn't fix the problem, not for me.

75666 fixed the buffer overflow/ memory leak problem (at least for me) but the flickering LOD hasn´t been adressed yet I think.

I hope BIS is working on it and they give us another beta before official 1.56 will be released next week with redundant DLC (yeah I know, they need the cash).

An issue we were having last night on our dedicated server was the player freezing up when they came out of looking at thier map. Anyone else got this one?

+1 me and a couple of other regulars on our CO server are getting this problem since 1.55

only seems to happen when playing on chernarus for me, hasnt happened on takistan for me anyway.

Edited by NevilleBartos

Since the last patch I have really slow group sounds. For example "WHERE ARE YOU?" is so slow that I cannot understand it...

Is this a bug or is something wrong with my installation?

Got problem with CBA eventhandler's issue (the rifle particles thing), then, after fixing by updated CBA...

BIS_fnc_spawnGroup is not working instead.

Got problem with CBA eventhandler's issue (the rifle particles thing), then, after fixing by updated CBA...

BIS_fnc_spawnGroup is not working instead.

Mods wont get fixed on purpose by official patches, if this happens its more random. You better notify the mod makers in this case.

Glad I read this thread before downloading the 1.55 patch. I'll stay with my 1.54 installation.

I actually rolled back to my 1.54 installation and just apply the latest betas to that. Seems to work much better for me.

I agree with k9crow203310 . The new patch 1.55 is full of buggs . I believe they will fix it with a new one . Possible day of new patch release is the same day with the release of new DLC.

I actually rolled back to my 1.54 installation and just apply the latest betas to that. Seems to work much better for me.

That has the potential to cause serious issues. You are running patches designed to work with data that isn't there now.

That has the potential to cause serious issues. You are running patches designed to work with data that isn't there now.

Maybe so, but I haven't had a meltdown yet :) In fact I get far more issues running 1.55 + latest beta than 1.54 + latest beta.

I'm basically happy with this for a few more days until 1.56 (hopefully) comes out.

Well even after running the latest beta patch I'm still getting the memory leak.

Damn I haven't been able to play for more than about 2 minutes without getting a memory leak, freeze and then CTD. Woo.