Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Sexy work guys, esp on the armour. Is there somewhere I can read the latest dev news without trawling through pages of 'the bangalores dont work' and editing questions?

Thanks! We try to keep regular news posted on our public forums, the main topic regarding 2.5 is here.

I had seen that the BF-109F2 have some swastikas on theire control surface...in germany there are some problems with publishing such stuff...is there a not so complicate way to retexture these signs?

We've covered this topic a few times, our main goal is for an accurate display of history so insignia etc is important to us and will be present in the initial release. We have discussed the possibility of a patch to hide/remove/provide an alternative for people in Germany but its not big on our list of to do's and we don't really have the manpower to act on anything at this point.

We've covered this topic a few times, our main goal is for an accurate display of history so insignia etc is important to us and will be present in the initial release. We have discussed the possibility of a patch to hide/remove/provide an alternative for people in Germany but its not big on our list of to do's and we don't really have the manpower to act on anything at this point.

This law code in Germany is a bullshit idea of 1979 and is found under §86a in the German criminal law code. This code was also problem since it was introduced for German model scale builders. But there is a point in this code who discribes "the free artistry use" for museums and moviemakers.

unfortunately Marseille77 is right. I would interprete the law like you did, but our judges didn't do it this way. :(

but the main question I have if I'm allowed to change the textures...

so: Do you give me permission to change the texture of the BF109 and maybe other things with swastikas? (BF109 was the only one I had seen with a swastika)

Uhm, I doubt they'll give you permission. I mean, if you were to do it yourself then I don't think you'd be able to make missions/play public servers using the mod or they'd need 'Your Version' for things to click right (I think). I would believe the best bet would to be wait till they can find a solution around it in the future and possibly between the release and then just play around in editor coming up with ideas then when (If) said fix comes you can be ready to release or play? -Shrugs- ^^ Heh-heh... just thinking here... now!

Things look like they're coming along nicely guys :D Can't wait to play as the Five-O'-Duce of the screaming Eagles. Get a little Market Garden/Hell's Highway work going (Not the game but the actual Highway they were to secure :P). Always loved the Airborne. Maybe even get some Battle of the Bulge going hehe. ^^

but the main question I have if I'm allowed to change the textures...

so: Do you give me permission to change the texture of the BF109 and maybe other things with swastikas?

We can't authorise unofficial mods of I44 the main reason being very often the original creators of content are no longer active so aren't available to give permission for people outside the mod team access to the files to mod them.

As mentioned above, if you do modify your own version of the game it will be incompatible with the official version and things like MP servers will often boot you off if using server keys etc. Generally for players it shouldn't be an issue, I think the problem actually lies in anyone in germany distributing the files or running a server in the country. As our mod is non-commercial it shouldn't actually become an issue for any standard users of the mod.

Hi,

Did anyone experience issues with the German AI not engaging BLUFOR after respawn in MP? I've tried searching but didn't find answers..

I've created a coop mission for 12 ppl vs ~40-50 enemy AI on the Omaha map.

I've tried with both German Heer and paratroopers and on the BLUFOR side US Rangers and British Airborne.

I've tried using the I44 Wounds module and the vanilla BIS first aid/action/clearance modules.

Before anyone gets killed it seems to work fine with Germans firing at BLUFOR. But as soon as someone on the BLUFOR side has respawned it seems to make the Germans unwilling to engage or even react to enemy presence (even at point blank).

Running scripts are the Random House Patrol script and omaha.sqf (sound).

No fancy objectives with complex triggers or other intricate scripting.. Just "take this and that position, destroy this and that asset etc etc"...

I have tried the mission in both ArmA 2 1.08 and Combined Ops with the same result. Only on local server so not on dedicated.

I'm so frustrated by this...:rolleyes: I44 is an absolutely awesome mod and I want to use it to the fullest :D

Thanks guys

Intruder,

I am using DAC and have not had that happen in my missions. I have been using maps Duala, Thirsk Winter.

Hope this helps.

NTRUDER;1846136']

I've tried using the I44 Wounds module and the vanilla BIS first aid/action/clearance modules.

maybe it's because of this. I don't know how these modules are working...but maybe your units get two times setcaptive and the modules are not able to setcaptive = false.

try just one of these modules...or just use norrins revive...btw. how does i44 Wounds differ from the ones made by BIS?

From what i remember both I44 wounding had a few issues as well as BIS first aid/action/clearance being bugged (and still is) especially in MP so that might be related to the issue which is why I left them out of the release version missions. Have you tried removing both?

Also you'll probably find performance on Local and Deciated servers differs greatly, I would stongly recommend testing on a dedicated host running on the same machine if you don't have access to a proper server.

Thanks for your input guys!

@vengeance1

I have yet to try DAC. I've heard good things :)

@toxic-nova

I have only been using one set of wound module/s at the time. So either I44 or BIS. I haven't tried running them side by side - I'm not that crazy :p

@PacUK

Hehe, I know about the bugginess of BIS' modules :) I'm probably going to end up using Norrin or R3F as I have in earlier missions.

I'm aware of the huge difference between local and dedi. I actually have a dedi server to test on but I usually don't do this until the mission is near completion. For some reason :D

Anyway, thanks for your help again =)

Just a little update on wounding stuff for the CO version, Iuka and Macolik both took a crack at rebuilding the wounding module from the ground up, its now based on BI's system, unfortunately it does mean that first aid by non medics isn't working in multiplayer (in the case of our module this means only medics can heal people stuck in the wounded animation rolling on the floor) hopefully BIS will patch their own first aid system which will fix ours in turn. There is a fix for this issue in ACE but we've been unable to find out how exactly they did it so far.

But for now the wounding module is a lot more functional in the CO version so should behave a lot better than the current A2 released version, so you may want to leave it out for now and just implant the module in when you come to update your missions for CO etc.

Just remembered, The class list does not have the British Commando's in it. How do i find out the class names and weapon class names etc.

For unit classnames just place the units you want in a new blank mission, save it, then open the mission.sqm file and the unit names will be there. Weapon names should all be listed in the class list though. I'll make sure commando's are added to the CO's list for release.

The odd thing is thats what I've done, but for some reason when I replace the enemy units with your enemy units in my .init file, they dont spawn. I just cant figure it out as correct and careful replacement here is where to do it in the EVO mission, I've been over and over it many times re-doing and making sure they are the correct unit names. I even opened the base m pbo to make sure that the class list was correct and it is.

I got two bugs anyhow for you, dont know if these have already been found but here they are :

no entry model.cfg/cfgModels/I44_Building/Animations/Door1.type

Cannot open object i44_static_howitzers\i44_static_left18.p3d

If anyone is interested, I have an ACE config file for Armor Values and Shell Penetration for I44 in these forums. Just PM me and I will send it your way. Feel free to modify or release, just give me some credit.

Edit: I provided a link in the Thread. Just search "arma 2 I44 ACE" into google, it should be the first result. Other wise you can find it on the forums as "I44: ACE Armor and Shell config."

Edited by stubs

Just so you know pac i solved the problem with the enemy units :) I must say every time i work with your mod, the textures blow me away! well done guys.

Finished a memorial piece for our 2.5 release. Hope you guys enjoy!

NHhItIQ48ow

Appropriate title, very moving.

Written by you? Program or keyboard?

Grub, glad to hear.

It was written with Notion 3 and the Vienna Konzerthaus Organ.

As i mentioned before I'm trying to make an EVO using your mod, I'm getting vehicles and statics spawning but de-spawning when player gets near to city areas where they spawn.

I'm pretty certain its something to do with the vehicle and static occupant class names clashing or not matching my scripts, for example:

Tank1

"Commander"

"Driver"

"Gunner"

"Cargo1" etc etc

Can I confirm what your occupant class names are called for Vehicles & Statics?

Edited by Bigpickle

I'm pretty sure we just used default names but I didn't code any of the vehicles so not 100% sure, you could try asking in the evo/missions thread they might be more clued in, never edited one myself so can't really say sorry.

i'd really appreciate it if you could check that for me, cos the evo side of things is correct ie on default class names. I have confirmed this by testing with other mods, so if i can get your occupant class names for vehicles and statics I can ammend my vehicle.sqf. Thank you

Edited by Bigpickle