Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

idk if im missing a patch but the flak 38 vierling armor isnt textured for me. its just white. its a wonderfull static weapon but looks terable for me.

thats normal. The flakvierling is one of the incomplete alpha / placeholder addons.

Yeah Dean is right the Vierling still needs to be finished, it just didn't get hidden before the release so you can still see it in the editor. We'll be sure to leave unfinished versions of vehicles out of future releases to avoid confusion.

Okay so I just installed it and I see no SP missions. ?

That's odd, though some repackaged installers might not include the missions I suppose so it might come from that. You might be looking under the campaign? The current release doesn't feature one, just single missions via the Scenario's option. There should also be a number of MPMissions that are playable solo as well.

Yeah Dean is right the Vierling still needs to be finished, it just didn't get hidden before the release so you can still see it in the editor. We'll be sure to leave unfinished versions of vehicles out of future releases to avoid confusion.

That's odd, though some repackaged installers might not include the missions I suppose so it might come from that. You might be looking under the campaign? The current release doesn't feature one, just single missions via the Scenario's option. There should also be a number of MPMissions that are playable solo as well.

Yeah I looked under scenarios. Not there. There is one MP mission.

Ah well, I'm probably just not seeing something.

SFG snagged some footage of a small group of the I44 dev's playing alongside a couple of Kellys Heroes on the latest update to the mission Para's, we hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did playing it!

hQ7O_dviA6o

The Garand sound is awful (check YT comment for analogy). It's too soft, too quiet, doesn't seem to represent the thing right and it's not agressive enough (most firearms sound sharp, harsh, more boom). It's disappointing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Gx-krvMtCA&feature=related

Hope You get the idea what I mean. One of the DoD: Source soundpacks had pretty decent M1 sounds, if You want I can look it up...

Can't wait for 2.5

Edited by JonPL

SFG snagged some footage of a small group of the I44 dev's playing alongside a couple of Kellys Heroes on the latest update to the mission Para's, we hope you enjoy watching it as much as we did playing it!

That's Combined Ops :D

Stop teasing us! :mad: :p

Can't wait for this - we (TGW) Plan to host a server again and port Gossamer's Warfare to your map and units. :bounce3:

Do you guys have a server up?I downloaded the mod yesterday and i love it.

But im struggling on omaha beach.lol

pleace improve sounds quality,right now it's a bit disappointing

Don't let the negative voice in the room be the only one you hear. Some people are personally miserable and find it neccesary to complain about even the best of products, simply to convey their misery onto others. You can never make them happy, they will never appreciate anything. The only thing you can do is be happy you aren't them.

I check this thread every day waiting for the CO release and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Thanks for all your hard, FREE work. I know I'm both humbled and grateful towards every modders effort to make this game better for literally nothing but sheer personal gratification and reputation.

Keep up the good work guys!

Oh, and get on with the CO release already:p I wanna blow sh#t up with a tiger

Wow.. sometimes I do wonder why we bother...

Because we love your work and your mod. Ignore the morrons that don't even think to thank you before saying anything :cool:

pleace improve sounds quality,right now it's a bit disappointing

And how much did you pay for this mod? quit bitching. These guys work there arse off making this mod and giving it to us free.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

Alright awesume. I love this mod and would offer to help with it myself if i had the time but ive got a few to many projects myself. Still atleast you guys arent like 31st normandy.....enough said.

What happened with 31st Normandy? All of a sudden, the thread here on the forum was closed, no information given.

I'm also looking forward to the CO-version very much. I'm having fun with what's out now, but having to run it with only Arma 2 is a bit awkward.

I dont want to bater them (31st normandy) but the mod was poorly thrown together with half of its content unfinished, buggy, and glitchy. thats what happens when you throw in mods from 30 diffrent mod makers who arent working together.

Yeah, do try and ignore them. I thought that video looked great. Can't wait for the CO version. Keep up the good work!

we know you do this because you love us and want us to be happy!:j:

31st had a bit of a rebrand and they started a new topic, feel free to discuss their mod over there.

But while I'm pimping other threads don't forget to check out Hell in the Pacific!

It's nice to see all the WWII mods getting a long and more-or-less working together (or, at least, not trying to compete).

And, btw, I like the sounds in I44 a bunch :confused:

Maybe that guy is just trolling?

It's nice to see all the WWII mods getting a long and more-or-less working together (or, at least, not trying to compete).

And, btw, I like the sounds in I44 a bunch :confused:

Maybe that guy is just trolling?

Same here, the sound are great. The only thing that may need some tweaking is sound of vehicles at diferent distances, they always sound to near, but well the sound are fine.

Ehy guys,please calm down little bit,call someone moron and miserable it's a bit too much,please learn education before impersonate new Solon.

Right now i don't have no problem paying for this mod,but i think bis could think otherwise,maybe a donation when the mod will be 100% operative.

I was in hurry when i wrote please improve sound quality,so now i can explain better:

first of all mine is not a critic but a suggestion,than not all sounds needs an improvement,tanks sounds are very good and many others,imho some weapons need a little improvement,like the garand,the actual sound is not realistic(i've used this weapon a lot in the shooting range) right now it's to soft,more similar to a tommy gun than it's real counterpart,i suggest you to check some red orchestra free and open source sounds library,you can found very interesting things.Mp44's sound insted is too loud and deep,real mp44 sound's like an air soft gun more or less,maybe also grenade explosions can be made more realistic,ambient sound can be improved with echoes and sounds of bullets falling close.

Some vehicles have the same sound at 100m and 800m without any redshift effect.

Theese are only some suggestions,please refrain to call me moron,troll and miserable because i can repute my self offended,if i'm not enough understandable please ask to better explain myself.

For everything else,keep up the good work and good luck for the future,if we have to pay some extra for this mod it worth every $ or Eur you repute necessary.

Once again i think a developer should pay attention to what a possible customer wish to see added in the final release,the customer/player for sure must respect others opinions and the general rules.

I hope to had explained my thoughts in the proper way, cheers

Probably answered, sorry if it has been, but will there be regular British infantry units and Armour/Air as well as the Commandos, or is it mainly US stuff?

Wow this mod looks great! Nice work

Really interested to try the 1944 warfare variant of this mod too! Such an epic era for battles :D

31st had a bit of a rebrand and they started a new topic, feel free to discuss their mod over there.

Haha Thanks for the redirect PacUK

Loving the video btw

i quite like the sounds in the video to be honest,Don't see what the problem is.

As i recall the Garand was gas blowback operated,

So didn't have the sharp crack of other rifles of the time (Mosin,Kar,Enfield)

As a lot of the energy was used to cycle the action.

So in my opinion it has no need to sound like the arcade cannon sounds most games end up giving weapons.

Hollywood < Realism

Keep it up.

just to let anyone who like's this mod know. the 5th Rifles clan have a warfare 1944 mission runing on one of its server all the time. all are welcome.

Ehy guys,please calm down little bit,call someone moron and miserable it's a bit too much,please learn education before impersonate new Solon.

Right now i don't have no problem paying for this mod,but i think bis could think otherwise,maybe a donation when the mod will be 100% operative.

I was in hurry when i wrote please improve sound quality,so now i can explain better:

first of all mine is not a critic but a suggestion,than not all sounds needs an improvement,tanks sounds are very good and many others,imho some weapons need a little improvement,like the garand,the actual sound is not realistic(i've used this weapon a lot in the shooting range) right now it's to soft,more similar to a tommy gun than it's real counterpart,i suggest you to check some red orchestra free and open source sounds library,you can found very interesting things.Mp44's sound insted is too loud and deep,real mp44 sound's like an air soft gun more or less,maybe also grenade explosions can be made more realistic,ambient sound can be improved with echoes and sounds of bullets falling close.

Some vehicles have the same sound at 100m and 800m without any redshift effect.

Theese are only some suggestions,please refrain to call me moron,troll and miserable because i can repute my self offended,if i'm not enough understandable please ask to better explain myself.

For everything else,keep up the good work and good luck for the future,if we have to pay some extra for this mod it worth every $ or Eur you repute necessary.

Once again i think a developer should pay attention to what a possible customer wish to see added in the final release,the customer/player for sure must respect others opinions and the general rules.

I hope to had explained my thoughts in the proper way, cheers

I think people reacted badly to your comment because it sounded very rude and dismissive, like you just wanted to offend the devs without having thought about it. Obviously that's not the case, but it came off like it since it was only a one line comment with no explanation or positive aspect. If you'd posted what you just wrote, I expect no-one would have minded. It's the difference between constructive criticism (your second comment) and trolling (what your first comment sounded like).