Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

In regards to the tanks I was wondering more in the balance thing towards more realistic ballistics speed/arch, range scoop settings, hits and such I asked about a few weeks ago. If if was still in mind for this release or put on hold because of other stuff.

We are looking into methods of making more realistic penetration systems than ArmA2 currently uses, whether it will make it into the first CO release we can't guarantee. The balance right now is pretty good in my opinion though, but then I'm not an avid tank-sim player so its not something I know much about to make a fair assesment of game vs real world.

is there a way to let your weapon (if you stand or crouch) don't let it move so much? would be nice, because the only way I can really shoot someone is go prone and then zoom and shoot.

That's part of the reason why we've implemented the weapon resting into 2.5, but you'll also find less recoil on weapons than the current public release (take a look at the videos on the i44 youtube channel).

EDIT: on D-day, I found sort of a bug. I play with my friends but they can't go prone before they're shot once.

This is due to a known issue in the landing script to prevent the AI and players from going prone in the boat during the ride in that could then effect other players disembarking (players blocking the ramp etc). Will be fixed in the CO version.

There are still some small issues with the Few units that we're trying to squash for the release, the B17 and Stuka both feature turrets which by default ArmA2 doesn't support. In multiplayer tests we're finding there are multiple turrets on each position among other similar issues. We have several choices on how to deal with this in the mod, but for now I would avoid using the standard Few units for either the B17 or Stuka in any MP missions. The versions that we will include in I44 will be as mp compatible as possible but this may lead to them being different from the variants you see in the Few (for example one option open to use is to flat out remove the gunner positions, for the Stuka we can balance/reason this with a larger bomb load as was done in real life). Just thought I better warn anyone who was using the Few in combination with I44 before you start having problems in MP.

Roger thanks for the heads up, encountered this one already I believe. My RPT said something about invalid entry points for some vehicles and I think the Stuka was one of them.

Resting is completely automatic, standing within range of any object, window etc will activate (and with certain weapons as can be seen in the video, take up a rested pose). No keybindings are required etc, just being close enough will do it. You know when its active by an image of your weapon appearing in the bottom right corner of your screen.

This is revolutionary! :bounce3:

My first reaction when reading about the resting feature was: Oh no, another action / key / whatever!

Great, absolutely great!

A.

.., standing within range of any object, window etc will activate (and with certain weapons as can be seen in the video, take up a rested pose). No keybindings are required etc, just being close enough will do it. You know when its active by an image of your weapon appearing in the bottom right corner of your screen.

Now that is brilliance.

This is revolutionary!
Now that is brilliance.

That's all UNN and his dark magics! I think you guys are gonna love it (and him) I think its fecking awesome :D

Roger thanks for the heads up, encountered this one already I believe. My RPT said something about invalid entry points for some vehicles and I think the Stuka was one of them.

I didn't encounter a great deal of these though it might be part of the problem, we have them on a few I44 units as well and doesn't cause a problem other than the message itself. The real issues we saw were not seeing other players in the gunner positions, and being able to have multiple gunners in the same spot. As I said though we'll be doing our best to modify the scripts and configs to fix the problem if we can for the 2.5 release.

I've recently bought Arma2 OA & DLC packs via steam, will this mod work ok with the steam versions?

The mod looks seriously immense and I commend you all for putting such good work into it.

The latest video is very exciting, I'm very much looking forward to the CO version of the mod. Thanks for all your hard work!

That's part of the reason why we've implemented the weapon resting into 2.5, but you'll also find less recoil on weapons than the current public release (take a look at the videos on the i44 youtube channel).

ok thx.

EDIT: what time/day you guys play? would be happy to join a game. (what's the server name?)

Edited by rikjuuh

I've recently bought Arma2 OA & DLC packs via steam, will this mod work ok with the steam versions?

Yeah it should work fine, though I don't personally have, there is a topic on our public forums detailing how to get it working with the Steam version of the game here:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=374.0 thanks to Hells High for that one!

what time/day you guys play? would be happy to join a game. (what's the server name?)

Right now we're running mp tests on version 2.5 so don't have much time to play the current public version. But come release we'll be posting news of any organised matches on our youtube channel events listing, we'll also to list any community organised games too if you let us know the details!

Yeah it should work fine, though I don't personally have, there is a topic on our public forums detailing how to get it working with the Steam version of the game here:

http://ofp.gamepark.cz/invasion1944/public/index.php?topic=374.0 thanks to Hells High for that one!

Thanks for the prompt response my friend, I'll certainly have a dabble at it tonight once I escape the hellpit that is 'real-life work'.

Cheers mate

!!! epic :cool:

just finished playing a bunch of I44 and this mod is brilliant!!

I wasn't expecting this mod to have so much included..

Loving the soldier design and big number of era-accurate vehicles & weaps! great quality on the models/textures too, they look pro :D

Besides some tiny bugs and maybe a couple sounds could use some love, this mod is damn perfect for WWII lovers like me!

Love modern warfare too but this era and its weaps were such different style of war

BTW the new CO footage looks deadly! :D i like that "rest" feature alot.. can't wait :yay: Props on your work gents, keep it up!

Will have to play more into scenarios but i really enjoyed this..

I44 Warfare

link

This warfare only runs in CO mode for me and had a few issues (might be an older version now?) but I played a good hr or so game w/ no crashes

Some of the modern vehicles/buildings can throw you off but easy to ignore once the game gets going

Anyone know of an updated I44 Warfare around? This would be killer fun for MP games with a good server.. Might look into tweaking this old copy one day if it's best one around

One thing I've been thinking a bit about. Has the map been updated for the OA-version? I might be imagining things, but the terrain seems to look better and more detailed in those videos.

One thing I've been thinking a bit about. Has the map been updated for the OA-version? I might be imagining things, but the terrain seems to look better and more detailed in those videos.

Yup! Jojimbo went over it again and spruced it up some for the CO version, very interesting to rediscover locations you thought you knew!

Yup! Jojimbo went over it again and spruced it up some for the CO version, very interesting to rediscover locations you thought you knew!

Sounds very good! I'm looking forward to this even more now. :)

are you guys also able to make a nice Airborne mission (with 101st)? for excaple destroy AA or something like that? I really enjoyed all the missions but i prefer a american weapon.

Well, I have an idea brewing in my head for a mission or two for the Five-o'-Duce (101st Airborne). Hopefully I can make it/them to public release standard and send'm your way ^^ Can't wait to stay toying with the new, well toys! Ah-haha :D

Is the MP43 sight fixed in the new version? The MP43 is very good to hunt ducks, but its hard to hit a ground target with these adjustment. ;)

BTW: There is a big downer for all german (and austrian) players. The use of swastikas (and some other symbols) is forbidden in both countries, you can be imprisoned (up to 3 years) if you host I44 on your server. Some people are trying to remove all the forbidden stuff. It would be very helpful, to have a list of textures/pictures using these symbols.

Edited by svenson

Hello, I downloaded Warfare 1944 mission from Wraith but it doesn't work, I have Arma 2 with this built patch 1.07(and something) and when i want to play the mission it says that i dont have some vehicles and so on. Do i have to install Arrowhead to play it ?

Welcome to the forums,

At the moment its A2 only, so no arrowhead needed.

You firstly need to make sure you have the latest patches for A2, then it should be sweet.

Let us know how you go :)

BTW: There is a big downer for all german (and austrian) players. The use of swastikas (and some other symbols) is forbidden in both countries, you can be imprisoned (up to 3 years) if you host I44 on your server. Some people are trying to remove all the forbidden stuff. It would be very helpful, to have a list of textures/pictures using these symbols.

I appreciate that this aspect remains delicate in certain countries. So how about if the next release (2.5?) contained no offensive symbology but also releasing an optional patch for those purists seeking historical accuracy.

IIRC this is how it was done in several other WW2-themed games.

I applied patch 1.08 and it still says that i don't have some files for example: cacharacters_e, CAWheeled_E_Stryker, cacharacters_baf, cawhelled_baf and so on.

I applied patch 1.08 and it still says that i don't have some files for example: cacharacters_e, CAWheeled_E_Stryker, cacharacters_baf, cawhelled_baf and so on.

Are you running just A2? or CO.

only A2. So what is the problem guys ?

Edited by Walter

Is the MP43 sight fixed in the new version? The MP43 is very good to hunt ducks, but its hard to hit a ground target with these adjustment. ;)

PacUK posted the following on Jan. 30th 2011:

We've covered this topic a few times, our main goal is for an accurate display of history so insignia etc is important to us and will be present in the initial release. We have discussed the possibility of a patch to hide/remove/provide an alternative for people in Germany but its not big on our list of to do's and we don't really have the manpower to act on anything at this point.
We can't authorise unofficial mods of I44 the main reason being very often the original creators of content are no longer active so aren't available to give permission for people outside the mod team access to the files to mod them.

As mentioned above, if you do modify your own version of the game it will be incompatible with the official version and things like MP servers will often boot you off if using server keys etc. Generally for players it shouldn't be an issue, I think the problem actually lies in anyone in germany distributing the files or running a server in the country. As our mod is non-commercial it shouldn't actually become an issue for any standard users of the mod.

Bumping the subject every two weeks or so won't make them change their minds. The stance on "controversial" symbols has been the same for as long as I can remember (and probably as long as the mod itself has existed).

I44 is a historical realism mod (might want to check sources other than Wikipedia for accuracy though ;) ), so it's not a game, it's an interactive learning program that teaches history in a modern way :p

Also Germany --> 81 million people

Rest of the world --> 6 billion

So making the version acceptable for Germany by default and historically inaccurate for the rest of the world unless patched is reverse logic.

The subject came up for the ArmA1 version as well. Jojimbo said then that it would take weeks solely to remove these symbols, as it means reediting all textures and materials that are affected, making separate config entries, keep duplicate files with alternate filenames, testing everything again to see if nothing got messed up etc. Also two big Release Candidates would need to be maintained and uploaded since it's not allowed to distribute the version that has the symbols and requiring German users to patch them out. Even if you put an image in the archive that is never used, it's still a violation AFAIK.

For a new patch any of the work might have to be done again twice if any of the content contains any of these symbols.