Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

BIS should really thank you guys for promoting their CO discs. I didn't think to purchase it before hearing your Mod wouldn't be in compatible with ARMA2.

Can anyone clarify that this mod has no single player? Is this true?

No, that's not true.

So this mod has single player missions? How long is it?

Oh wait, there is no single player campaign? will they add it in the future?

Edited by airborne_1944

I think we included 4 SP missions with the ArmA2 release plus some demo versions of the MP missions (player has high command access to control the other troops, team switch etc to get a feel for the mission). The MP missions can also be played solo (I did for most of the year I spent making them ;) but obviously are designed with a few more in mind so the enemy can be pretty tough.

The CO release will have some if not all of the original SP Campaign by Joffre converted over with a few updates here and there, the landing mission is great fun! Hopefully we can include more in the future but there's nothing stopping you making your own too!

Huge fan off this mod 5/5. however i dont know if im missing an update or not but ive noticed a few problems....1:the flash at the end of the barel of the 50.cal on the m3 troop transport is just a flash of black like the effect isnt working. 2: i can put a squad of german infantry and american infantry 4 feet from each other and it takes 5 min befor both squads realize the other is there. 3:I also think you guys should try amybe joining up with "theFew" mod. there aircraft would make a beautifull adition to this pack.

Thx for the info. Will I need to dl the 2 Hotfix on top of Invasion 1944?

Yes the hotfixes will help with a few issues caused by some mistakes I made when binarising the mod for release. Doh!

1:the flash at the end of the barel of the 50.cal on the m3 troop transport is just a flash of black like the effect isnt working.

Probably a file I didn't realise was missing files when binarising so didn't make the hotfixes, these should all be fixed for the CO version.

2: i can put a squad of german infantry and american infantry 4 feet from each other and it takes 5 min befor both squads realize the other is there.

There were some problems with engagement that I think are sorted now, try increasing their skill levels or using AI scripts such as DAC.

3:I also think you guys should try amybe joining up with "theFew" mod. there aircraft would make a beautifull adition to this pack.

We have been in touch with them and posted a few screens a while back here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1807070&postcount=669

Glad you're enjoying the mod, maybe throw in a vote for us? :D

I put this out on our forums but thought a few might want it here too, group class list:

A few people have been asking for this and I finally got a list together:

US 1st I.D.:

I44_A_PltnHQ

I44_A_Assault

I44_A_BAR

I44_A_Rifle

I44_A_Recon

I44_A_Bazooka

I44_A_MG

I44_A_Engr

US Rangers:

I44_A_Army_Ranger_PltnHQ

I44_A_Army_Ranger_Assault

I44_A_Army_Ranger_BAR

I44_A_Army_Ranger_Rifle

I44_A_Army_Ranger_Recon

I44_A_Army_Ranger_MG

I44_A_Army_Ranger_Bazooka

I44_A_Army_Ranger_Engr

UK Airborne:

I44_B_PltnHQ

I44_B_BrenSection

I44_B_RecceSection

I44_B_Rifle

I44_B_Recon

I44_B_Bren

I44_B_PIAT

UK Commandos:

I44_B_CommandoSection

I44_B_CommandoTeam

Heer:

I44_G_Zugfuehrergruppe

I44_G_Sturmgrenadiere

I44_G_Grenadiere

I44_G_Schuetzen

I44_G_Aufklaerer

I44_G_Panzerjaeger

I44_G_MG42

I44_G_Pioniere

French Resistance:

I44_R_Leaders

I44_R_Fighters

I44_R_Ambush

I44_R_Sniper

I44_R_Demo

We may add more groups in future if we get the chance to but for now thats the full list, there are not groups for every unit type.

I just discovered this mod (great job guys!) and read thorugh this thread but something is still not clear to me: the support for OA.

I can play this mod in arma 2 no probs, I also copied all files and fixes to my OA folders (i also use ACE and ACRE) so to try it from there and it works except the F key does not and hence cant use grenades or switch weapons.

I read in the first posts that support for OA will eventually come with the "first patch" but as far as I see that first patch (hot fix 1) does not address this issue?

Does that mean that the OA patches have not yet been released? Or that I did install something wrong?

Edited by Viajero

The hotfixes were released pretty much on the release day so aren't the patches you're looking for to provide CO support. We're still working on the CO version of the mod, it will be a seperate mod folder not a patch to the existing one, adding support for the new features available in CO means it won't be backwards compatible with vanilla ArmA2.

Note I'll tend to refer to CO - Combined Operations (ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead) instead of OA as OA can be standalone which we will NOT be supporting (none of our members have the standalone version so have no way of testing it for a start).

The hotfixes were released pretty much on the release day so aren't the patches you're looking for to provide CO support. We're still working on the CO version of the mod, it will be a seperate mod folder not a patch to the existing one, adding support for the new features available in CO means it won't be backwards compatible with vanilla ArmA2.

Note I'll tend to refer to CO - Combined Operations (ArmA2 + Operation Arrowhead) instead of OA as OA can be standalone which we will NOT be supporting (none of our members have the standalone version so have no way of testing it for a start).

Cool thanks. Yes I do have CO installed but since I have a ton of mods installed aswell i typically launch OA with a 3rd party launcher that allows me to select the mod i want. To all effects it seems like a standalone application to me, no?

Cool thanks. Yes I do have CO installed but since I have a ton of mods installed aswell i typically launch OA with a 3rd party launcher that allows me to select the mod i want. To all effects it seems like a standalone application to me, no?

Really couldn't say either way as I haven't personally tested it with launchers etc. The main reason you'll need a CO install is we still reference base ArmA2 classes and files that may not be present in a OA standalone install there's probably a couple other important reasons that escape me too.

Do you guys have any idea when the CO version will be ready? I literally check for it every day and I'm starting to get a bit loopy

Nope sorry we can't set a date as people have such sporadic timetables we can't guarantee work will get done in certain areas at any one time. I'm doing my best to personally crush as many issues as I can to free up the guys we do have to work on their main projects within the mod but the real world has a tendancy to delay things especially after the holidays.

I can say things are going well, there's still a few more bits and pieces to go in game before we can really give it a proper playtest with all the features we're hoping to include in the new version but the few tests we have done recently have been very positive.

Hopefully we'll have some new footage showing off these features for you all soon fingers crossed we can have something out before spring rolls around if we're lucky with our free time!

On that note we are looking to expand our team with experienced modders, so especially if you're handy with scripts, configs, and oxygen2 give us a shout!

Edited by PacUK
Image > 100kb

I prefer this monster its doubtful you'll see anything experimental in I44 at this stage, though we did briefly discuss a Secret Weapons type DLC at some point in the future. For now we'll be focusing on the main weapons and vehicles that actually saw action in our area of operations.

I've just downloaded the mod but the patches simply won't download at any bearable speed.

Ediit:

Nevermind! Seems to be DLing fine now. Thanks for this. Excited to play.

I prefer this monster its doubtful you'll see anything experimental in I44 at this stage, though we did briefly discuss a Secret Weapons type DLC at some point in the future. For now we'll be focusing on the main weapons and vehicles that actually saw action in our area of operations.

I have to agree, the completly "crazy" stuff shouldnt be to high on the priority list. One of the main advantages of this mod is the atempt to make everything as realistic as possible.

Advanced stuff that made it into production like the Me 262 would fit in quite nicely though.

Okay so I just installed it and I see no SP missions. ? I installed the patches as well as the sounds fix.

idk if im missing a patch but the flak 38 vierling armor isnt textured for me. its just white. its a wonderfull static weapon but looks terable for me.