Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Hi everyone... I've just downloaded and installed the mod, and sure it looks great :rthumb:, but i've got a problem: i think that i've intalled it correctly and everything seems to work fine, but when i watched the videos posted in the first page i noticed that i miss some parts, like the rifle bolting animation: in my game, while the bolt of the rifle works correctly after each shot, the soldier doesn't move his hand at all. Also, in those videos i can hear germans that actually speak german, while on my PC they still speak russian... And of course i've the 1.08 patch too.

I've downloaded the mod from the first mirror (ArmedAssault.info), maybe i should try to redownload it form another one?

the rifle bolting animation

For the rifle bolt animations you must place the module in the editor (I forget its name and can't load up the game to reference it right now but its easy enough to find).

germans that actually speak german

There's two ways to have the German voices, the first is via the DAC scripts I've used in my missions that makes any DAC generated Germans use the voice files, there's also a script version you can place on group leaders that are placed manually in the editor, the scripts been pasted a few times now on our public forums.

Playing as the Germans you will still hear the Russian voices as that's hard-coded into the game at this point in the future this may change but its not high on our priority list at this time.

lol wolf i like that precise time, it seems like big things happen with scheduled events? i dunno its hard for me to find servers that are active as well. i need to CO before the release and im only getting CO for this reason haha. BI should hire you Inv44 guys as promoters :P Random question though, ive been playing Inv44 since OFP days so were going back 10 years when the game came out, is it mostly the same team as you guys are now?

I'm going to try to find that module now.

Under modules (F7) its called 'I44: Bolt Action Animations' just place it and you're good, no need to sync etc.

When are the servers typically active?

I don't get much opportunity to play on pub servers so couldn't say. I think most people are waiting on the CO release though.

is it mostly the same team as you guys are now?

We've still got a couple of the original members banging about, a few left and rejoined, personally I joined just after the first ArmA release so I'm not exactly up on who was working on it ten years ago :)

As far as I know I'm the only one here from 10 years ago. Marss and Jojimbo a close second!

Who made the german models in the first test release of Inv 44 during OFP time? Only some german soldiers included in that release. Was that Jojimbo or somebody else? I'm very curious about it since I played Inv44 addons from that first beta release in 2002.

Who made the german models in the first test release of Inv 44 during OFP time? Only some german soldiers included in that release. Was that Jojimbo or somebody else? I'm very curious about it since I played Inv44 addons from that first beta release in 2002.

Thats Jojimbo's work there. He made all the soldier models from the beginning of the Inv44 Mod. And still is doing a damn fine job at it!

Anyone working on a Horsa for this mod?

I seem to remeber back in OFP there was one being worked on, but not sure what WW2 mod it was?

Anyone working on a Horsa for this mod?

I seem to remeber back in OFP there was one being worked on, but not sure what WW2 mod it was?

No-one right now is working on a Horsa but I imagine at some point in the future when other projects are finished someone will have a crack at one. There did used to be one in I44 for OPF I believe but long before my time in the team.

yeah there was, but it was missing some major textures in first release. Was still helluva fun to put ~40 those in the air and watch em' crash around forest :rolleyes:

Hey chaps, just some renders from the INV44 camp. This model is complete, just needs LODS and implementation into the mod.

It may not make it into the initial CO release, but... who knows.. I know we've got a release planned for this and a few other goodies :P... but my lips are sealed ;)

96992754.jpg

95171031.jpg

23994529.jpg

54993685.jpg

No-one right now is working on a Horsa but I imagine at some point in the future when other projects are finished someone will have a crack at one. There did used to be one in I44 for OPF I believe but long before my time in the team.
yeah there was, but it was missing some major textures in first release. Was still helluva fun to put ~40 those in the air and watch em' crash around forest :rolleyes:

Thats a shame :( I remember seeing so many WIP shots even some ingame shots but they never seemed to make to the finished MOD's Wish I had the patence and skill to Model and I'd give it a go myself, but I'm lucky enough to remember to breath first thing in the morning, never mind remembering anything else :)

There was a nice feature I remember from one addon and that was with containers and paratroopers where the chutes would lay on the ground for about 20 sec's it just made the scene more real, anything like that implimented in this mod?

There was a nice feature I remember from one addon and that was with containers and paratroopers where the chutes would lay on the ground for about 20 sec's it just made the scene more real, anything like that implimented in this mod?

Not too sure what you mean by this, in the current public release once a parachutist lands they should leave a parachute on the ground (though I think there was a bug where it actually leaves two at one point heh). Now back to drooling over Guy's lovely Universal Carrier renders :D

Looking good. Can't wait to get my hands on it. One question:

With the "CO Release", will the mod still be playable on ArmA II, or will it move from A2 to only CO/OA or?

I don't know if it will work with ARMA2 anymore. It will be coded and optimized for CO only.

I don't know if it will work with ARMA2 anymore. It will be coded and optimized for CO only.

Ahh, ok. I suppose when you release it I can have a go at getting it to work on A2. If i've not gone out and got CO by then that is. :)

ahh i even remember the Christmas present you guys gave one of those years back during OFP days. i think it was the demo release or something, it sure made my christmas! :D

I'm pretty sure the CO version of I44 will not work for ArmA2 due to certain features like backpacks which just won't be backwards-compatible, also the missions need to be converted over to CO etc and would throw up countless errors if run in A2 if they ran at all.

This is partially the reason we released for vanilla ArmA2 first so those without CO could play the mod after waiting so long for it. If you haven't got CO yet, get yourself a copy, I'm not sure if its still on but Sprocket and Steam both had holiday deals on with some large discounts.

Combined Operations was $12.50 on Amazon digital download before. Not sure if it still is.

ahh i even remember the Christmas present you guys gave one of those years back during OFP days. i think it was the demo release or something, it sure made my christmas! :D

Thanks for posting that! It just flooded my memories of working on it. Specifically the intro cutscene to the mini-campaign. Good times :)

Why would You buy a CO when You already have A2? Just a thought.

Well if you can get OA for $12.50 that's a good deal even if it does include A2 again :p

I can't wait for the updated version to drop. I played nothing but A2-only release for a month... then started craving the updated engine features in CO.

Keep up the hard work I44 team!

Why would You buy a CO when You already have A2? Just a thought.

My version is a Digital Download, And I prefer hardbacks, You know. Incase I f*** something on my PC, I will still have a physical copy, No re-downloading. Just install. :)