Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

you should try to combine both mods. that would be very productive i think.

Nobody knows when Libmod for ArmA 2 is coming out and since I believe it's made by Russians, then there might be communication issues between the two different languages.

Combining mods may sound easy, but each mod is coded individually so things like damage are never consistant between them, arguments would arise over which version of units should be used, and generally there's a reason why someone ends up working for one mod and not another. While it would be great to see an all encompassing mod, its just not possible at the level of quality we desire to achieve with I44, which is why we keep a tight focus on the content we aim to produce. The language barrier is probably the smallest issue of them all.

truly great..can't get enough of those transport screens

most of those troops are sitting naturally/realistic and was such a big part of the era

makes for great photos too :cool:

you and macolik have outdone yourself on that..cant wait to see the full anims in action

maybe severely injured troops could be loaded onto 1 or 2 spots in some later versions down the road?

countless times ive had no medic handy and had to leave an AI man behind cause his knees were blown out :pet5: still have nightmares

would be great to get the wounded man back to HQ or for certain MP gametypes too..

hope servers will be picking up the new gen of this mod

Turrets will move while people are sitting in the tanks? (Clipping!)

PuFu explained to me once the "why" of that, but I forgot....

Keep the outstanding work guys!

maybe severely injured troops could be loaded onto 1 or 2 spots in some later versions down the road?

Most of the missions I've been working on make use of Norrin's revive which should allow for transporting of 'unconcious' units, but currently I'm having issues with the drag/carry feature with the current version of the scripts so how well it will work will have to wait for the MP tests.

Turrets will move while people are sitting in the tanks?

Yeah this is a current limitation of ArmA2, I'm not a great scripter/coder by any means and so don't know anyway this could be prevented but if you know a way, feel free to send me the script!

Yeah this is a current limitation of ArmA2, I'm not a great scripter/coder by any means and so don't know anyway this could be prevented but if you know a way, feel free to send me the script!

No, Im a useless piece of meat when comes down to programming and stuff. :(

I fell sorry when someone needs a hand, can´t program a simple website nor texture\model something simple =\

Thought there was a workaround for that already, maybe something that prevents people to "Get in Back" while the crew isn´t Turned Out, and eject them once they Turn In.

Thought there was a workaround for that already, maybe something that prevents people to "Get in Back" while the crew isn´t Turned Out, and eject them once they Turn In.

I'm not aware of a workaround, but then I'm not aware of any other mods with cargo spots on tanks to check it against, I think there's ways of locking turret movement while turrned out through vehicles config setting, and with some clever scripting you could probably find a way to disable the options to get in cargo spots etc, but I wouldn't know where to begin with this, part of the reason why we put out a recruitment call a while back for more scripters/coders, but there was very little response so although there's a lot of interest in people wanting to play I44, there's very few who are willing/capable of aiding it production. Sad but true :(

Back in the OFP days the RHS studios MBT addons had the cargo script which disabled the ability to get in cargo when the crew was not turned out. Problem was that when the tank spotted enemy activity, the crew turned in resulting all the troops on the back to be ejected out of the tank. It was kinda hazardous when the tank was moving 30 km/h even tho the script made the tank to stop.

Heh yeah and I dread to think how that sort of script would behave in multiplayer with different crew members each turned in and out. One thing you won't have to worry about is accidently killing your crew when firing through your buddies as that doesn't "seem" to be possible with A2 vehicles. Also with our Overpressure module present on missions, anyone riding on vehicles when the main gun is fired will be thrown off, and infantry can also take damage while riding on the outside (yey for meatshields!). Our main concern was to get them implemented though, now that's done we can work on the advanced side of things as we progress, for now we can all at least thumb a ride from a passing tank and save our legs for when they're really needed!

Also with our Overpressure module present on missions, anyone riding on vehicles when the main gun is fired will be thrown off, and infantry can also take damage while riding on the outside (yey for meatshields!).

Hahah, very cool guys. MP is going to be hectic.

checked out norrins stuff, looks promising.. hope you guys can get the vehicle drag sorted out, that would be another epic feature for me :cool:

either way will be great to hitch my team a ride, especially after youve scrapped a town and lost a few vehicles.. alot more versatility for attack missions

look forward to some I44 Warfare :D

Just thought I'd let ya' know that UNN solved the drag/carry issue we were having with Norrin's revive script, the weapon resting function was trying to rest the weapon on the dragged unit, its now fixed so you can happily drag your wounded buddies to safety ;)

awesome! glad to hear she works now :D Much excited for these new tank features, love the weapon resting alot 2

you guys saved alot of young AI lives fixing that drag feature :cool: keep it up gents

Well you can still rest a weapon on a body, alive or dead, as in real life. Only now it won't play an animation that takes you out of dragging.

Fortunately BIS's drag and carry scripts have their own naming convention.

Well you can still rest a weapon on a body, alive or dead, as in real life.

Thats why we <3 you UNN! Now you can deafen your friends while you rest your MG42 on their shoulders \o/

sounds good, got first hand experience of this from a GPMG when my ear def popped out lol

hello there

i have a question about a third fraction that is needed to play a proper i44 warfare

there are still some french resistance guys existing but these guys are just infantry and have no suitable vehicles to use

it would be nice if some of the modellers could spend a bit of time to change this issue i think a french tank like the R35 the SOMUA or the Char1Bis would make it a lot difficult to enter a town

my second question is about some pieces of artillery like the M7 ? Bishop Gun on allied side and the SPH WESPE on german side would make the gameplay lots more complex i think

it would be great to get a answer about that issues

greets from Holland

Can vote for this too :) A nice R-35 would be a very welcomed addition.

It's on September '39 list - but a very low priority for now.

Edited by topas

i have a question about a third fraction that is needed to play a proper i44 warfare

there are still some french resistance guys existing but these guys are just infantry and have no suitable vehicles to use

it would be nice if some of the modellers could spend a bit of time to change this issue i think a french tank like the R35 the SOMUA or the Char1Bis would make it a lot difficult to enter a town

Can vote for this too A nice R-35 would be a very welcomed addition.

While I'd love to be able to have more content like this, it won't happen anytime soon, the I44 team is relatively small (under 10 active members right now) all of whom have several projects on the go, as well as real lives and jobs to contend with. We have put out several recruiting posts since the last public release but there's been very little response to them, but a lot of requests for new things by the community. While we do take these on board, there's also things we've already planned and made a start on that take priority.

my second question is about some pieces of artillery like the M7 ? Bishop Gun on allied side and the SPH WESPE on german side would make the gameplay lots more complex i think

Again these models aren't something we can pull out of the hat and can take months to for a single team member to produce, you may see some of these in future versions but they are not planned for 2.5's release sorry!

If of course you are a modeller wanting to do any of these projects, LET US KNOW! We are always on the lookout for experienced modders to join the team!

In which server I can try this mod?

I'm not currently aware of any public servers running but they do pop up from time to time. Hopefully you'll see a resurgence of MP servers supporting I44 come 2.5's release.

Very nice work. Seems the new additions will make the next release more than a simple update.

I did a quick search through the thread to find an answer to my question, and didn't find it, but apologies if it was already answered.

I am wondering if there are some idle animations for infantry that is riding a tank. At least some head turning? Would be a nice touch to avoid them looking too much like statues.

I am wondering if there are some idle animations for infantry that is riding a tank. At least some head turning? Would be a nice touch to avoid them looking too much like statues.

Yes heads do turn with players movement, the poses are mostly static though as moving animations and static sit points take a longer time to produce and also limit their use to one spot or vehicle due to clashes with the model. As most cargo positions in ArmA2 are static anyway I don't think this is something we'll be addressing soon, unless anyone can provide us with a nice free to use motion capture facility? :D

I totally understand. Head movement is fine to avoid an uncanny mannequin feel to them.

Looking forward to the official release, to be honest I have not played the first release, mostly because I want the first go on the various missions (especially Omaha) to be with the most recent (hopefully bug free) release. The new units, the updated map, the OA features, etc.