Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Bugger was looking forward to a Aprune release! ;)

any date yet for the new release? sry to ask lol.

Dude we all want it to come out yesterday.

But we are patient when it comes to the release of our free mods, that people and poured their free time into, outside of family and work. Okay?

Dude we all want it to come out yesterday.

But we are patient when it comes to the release of our free mods, that people and poured their free time into, outside of family and work. Okay?

Yep i understand. I was on mod teams before as im a texture artits. but i was just asking cos i seen the new vid it look close to a finish. so i asked lol,

any date yet for the new release?

2PrDf4QZUcE

No...

Yep i understand. I was on mod teams before as im a texture artits. but i was just asking cos i seen the new vid it look close to a finish. so i asked lol,

Well if you were in a mod team before, you will know a mod will post news when they have news, quite simple really. Im sure every addon maker hates the constant trolling for news, i do for one.

lol its fun how you all react to someone simply asking a question. Try to act like adults poeple. Its something that comes with the moding package. Poeple asking stuff and most time its a date. All im saying is I seen a vid of the next version it looked like it was in a finish state. so i asked... no need to go on like children.

Well if you were in a mod team before, you will know a mod will post news when they have news, quite simple really. Im sure every addon maker hates the constant trolling for news, i do for one.

I was in about 7 mod teams before yes. i wasint asking about news. just a release date or a ETA. its far from trolling lol

Edited by baz44331

The point being is posting simply to ask if there's any news, especially in a situation where any news from the team in question would be hard to miss, is not allowed here.

Anyways, let's not clutter up the team's thread anymore, shall we? :)

Completely agree patience should be practiced here, considering how beautiful the A2 version turned out

Much respect for this mod team, you guys somehow manage to juggle freetime and work to give us all a mod of this caliber :cool:

If its anything like the A2 vers, amusing vids like these...

2PrDf4QZUcE

are enough to keep me interested till next release is ready for action

(hope thats a sneak peek and not just suggested punishment for redundant questions ;) )

Maybe first post could use an ETA disclaimer to stop the madness? I reckon baz isn't the first to have asked about an ETA

lol its fun how you all react to someone simply asking a question. Try to act like adults poeple. Its something that comes with the moding package. Poeple asking stuff and most time its a date. All im saying is I seen a vid of the next version it looked like it was in a finish state. so i asked... no need to go on like children.

Its something thats asked over and over every couple of pages and its something we just can't answer, we don't have deadlines or release dates set as a team. Just aims and to give those as an answer would undoubtedly result in dissapointment (and often complaints) when we don't meet the dates. Just be patient, when we have release news, we'll let you know... or just post it like we did the last version :D (though I like to think of that release as more of an escape than a release).

Much respect for this mod team, you guys somehow manage to juggle freetime and work to give us all a mod of this caliber

Freetime? Whats that...? I wake up, mod, break for eats, mod some more, then sleeps! Joy of being unemployed (though hopefully I44 will change that soon enough, can I haz job pls?).

hope thats a sneak peek and not just suggested punishment for redundant questions

Its something I've been bugging Macolik for use with the Commandos (and others) so they have a stealthy option, but I doubt it will make it into 2.5 as melee isn't the easiest thing to script in ArmA2. For now he's just focusing on getting the Bayonet up to scratch for release so you'll at least have that as an option for stealthier take-downs.

Maybe first post could use an ETA disclaimer to stop the madness? I reckon baz isn't the first to have asked about an ETA

Heh most people don't read, its a pretty regular question though and generally gets the same answer :D

My heart skipped a few beats when I saw that throat being cut open ear to ear. Reminded me of the days in Hidden and Dangerous 2.

That feature will really drive me to ideas in some Hidden and Dangerous like things hehe... and the bayonet will also gimme some ideas.

Oh isn't it wonderful how a simple knife opens a few hundred new doors to mission making? ^^ Hehe

Heh just remember its not in yet, or guaranteed! Was just a test Mac was doing with the anims/scripts should he be able to figure it out!

I reinstalled Arma 2 and patched to 1.08, then installed I44 v.2.5 and the patches for that, and, while the mod runs, i can't play the single player missions because the game crashes during the loading screens (though I don't receive any error messages, the program just freezes and the loading bar and "Get Ready.." text disappear), and there are no MP servers that I can connect to? How are people playing this online, and how can I do this? I have OA from steam and retail Arma 2, though I will have to redownload OA if that is required to play online, so it's gonna be a pain if I redownload it and then have the same problem as I have currently. I hate to threadshit but I have had such a lot of problems running Arma2/OA, what I really need is a one-size-fits-all directions for installing and playing this mod.

my email is kinderkrieg@gmail.com if anyone wants to respond specifically to my set of problems and not further fill this thread with specifics and stuff that will not be relevant to everyone. Thanks.

V 2.0 (2.5 ain't out yet) I assume :P And the question is are you loading the missions for Omaha? Because that map takes a few minutes to load. Unless it is actually CTD then I wouldn't know at the moment. (Then again it's 1 AM hehe)

I see, yes I have 2.0 not 2.5, and if I wait for a while the mission continues to load. Seems to work fine. Any hints for MP?

Well that had me worried for a sec... but looks like SigintArmA covered it already, the old version of Omaha took a while to load the first time and you just gotta be patient, alt tabbing can make it appear the game has crashed (not responding in task manager) if done while still loading.

Regarding MP servers, there's not many running anymore as this version was released quite a while back and few are still running. Your best bet is looking here Invasion 1944 Public Forums there are a few clans that still play, and maybe one or two public servers along with them.

Edited by PacUK

well there are more than a few clans playing it i can say for sure. in fact theres a full community play over 80 people. all organised in to Platoons and companys. Arma II

ArmA II Campaign 1940/45..

http://www.forgottenhonor.com/modules.php?name=Register

all you have todo is register and join a platoon. I think baker Platoon needs to be filled. also ther a triaining nights and fight nights all company size and geting biger.

Is 2.5 going to be more friendly for scripting? Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I'm building a mission where about 120 men drop behind enemy lines in Normandy, I wanted to have German's patrolling randomly so I found a script that works pretty well, I'm supposed to put this into the init field of a gamelogic piece and nothing spawns:

0 = [position this, "Infantry", 100, [i44_G_Schuetzen]] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

Works fine with ACE units or any other unit addons that I've downloaded, but not I44.

ahh I see DAC is an option for me, however I'm not really familiar with it, how is it implemented in I44?

0 = [position this, "Infantry", 100, [i44_G_Schuetzen]] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

Works fine with ACE units or any other unit addons that I've downloaded, but not I44.

There's no reason that I know of that it shouldn't work, try consulting your RPT files and see if it gives any clues as to why its not working. Unfortunately we just don't have the manpower to test every third party script available with the mod to see if they work with the mod.

ahh I see DAC is an option for me, however I'm not really familiar with it, how is it implemented in I44?

Yes DAC is included with the mod, we've included the PBO files as many of our stock missions use it to produce large amounts of units with better performance and (re-)playability. If you're inexperienced with using it, download it seperately from here and read the very well written and detailed documentation (I didn't personally include it last time to save one space but I think I will for 2.5) that will explain exactly how to use it.

You can also de-pbo our mission files (I would suggest Paras as it includes both US and German spawns) if you want to save yourself some time creating the unit classlists that spawns are generated from.

Is 2.5 going to be more friendly for scripting?

Wasn't aware of 2.0/2.2 being unfriendly to scripting as I've had few problems with getting things to work in general, and unless players report problems that we missed in testing we can do little to fix them. But again this sounds more like a scripting issue, than something with the mod directly.

Update:

After looking up the script I think the issue MAY be that you're calling an array for a single group as well as missing out the speech marks around the name, have you tried getting rid of the [] around the single group, for example:

0 = [position this, "Infantry", 100, "I44_G_Schuetzen"] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

or if you wanted to have multiple groups:

0 = [position this, "Infantry", 100, ["I44_G_Schuetzen","I44_G_Grenadiere"]] execVM "crB_scripts\crB_taskPatrol.sqf";

can't promise anything as I haven't tested it myself but might solve the issue you are having...

Edited by PacUK

I will give it a try, thanks, I'm stoked for the release of 2.5!

Is there an I44 specific version of DAC? I'm reading through the readme and I'm wondering how I designate I44 units to spawn instead of say Russians or Marines?

I'm going to start with DAC_pbo first because I really dunno what I'm doing..

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

Check the readme for full details but you need to designate the specific units in DAC_Config_Units.sqf as said above if you extract the missions such as D+1 or Paras inlcuded with the mod you can use or at least look at how I set them up myself. The DAC readme is your best source for info on them though its very well described and will explain it better than I can, it also includes a vast number of tutorial missions.

Mmm, I hope for the next release there's some good animations for the guys on the MG. As at the moment they look very bland.

And, I had a go at creating my first kinda cinematic arma movie, using I44. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCVYpKT8Lc

Very good work on the mod, by the way. :)