Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

There's a good chance of it... if you ply Macolik with praise, sweeties and loose women... right Mac? :D

Awsome mod been playing a bit lately and we uploading to our server as we speak. Looking forward till 2.5 release.

So far things that annoy me apart from stuff you said will be out in 2.5 i.e sounds etc. IS the amour values of the tanks! man i can only imagine if you could make these realistic it could become an awsome tank sim too! <-- obviously i have no idea how hard that is to implement tho ;)

Another thing is recoil for the weapons is way to much making guns like the thompson unusable of course you may disagree but this is just some constructive criticism!

As i said AWSOME mod and loving it, great work guys!

Thanks for the comments, OrdeaL. The recoil is much much better now - as you can probably tell from our recent videos. Sounds are also improved (you can hear them in the commandos vid and others), and we have included a few more ambient sounds to give your ears a feast.

A new movie every day do! well done guys!

Glad you're enjoying them! Don't expect one everyday though heh, takes a while to record and then edit the videos. So it'll be a little while before the next one pops up! Gotta give SFG's editing fingers a rest so he can get back to work on the wonderful new music we have coming with 2.5, if you liked the music before you'll love whats to come, and if you had it muted before, for shame! The new stuff should be enough to tempt you to crank that setting back up, it really adds alot and is sounding beautiful! Hopefully we can get you guys a preview track soon!

IS the amour values of the tanks! man i can only imagine if you could make these realistic it could become an awsome tank sim too! <-- obviously i have no idea how hard that is to implement tho

This is something we've been investigating but requires some major work across all our tanks so accurate armour penetration etc won't be a big focus for 2.5's release, but hopefully at some point we'll be able to get a close match to the reality.

Another thing is recoil for the weapons is way to much making guns like the thompson unusable

Apparently you missed the recoil video and features video we've posted on our youtube channel. The standard recoil is now much more realistic, giving weapons a decent weighty feel, while still being able to control them. While resting provides much more stability for firing full auto. I think you'll find these new settings in 2.5 to your liking!

Again thanks for your feedback everyone keep it coming (as long as its constructive ;)) we're really looking forward to releasing the mod hopefully won't be too much longer to wait now!

Awsome new guys! Ill tell my clan mates they gonna be happy with this news. Cheers for the quick reply too.

Gotta give SFG's editing fingers a rest so he can get back to work on the wonderful new music we have coming with 2.5, if you liked the music before you'll love whats to come, and if you had it muted before, for shame!

For shame indeed. Music is brilliant, really adds to it. Rminds me of Hidden and Dangerous 2.

Does SFG compose these tracks himself?

Yeah all music is written by SFG, I'll try and bug him for a little preview later today ;)

There's a good chance of it... if you ply Macolik with praise, sweeties and loose women... right Mac? :D

I'll get the crate of whiskey, smarties and call girls at the ready

I AM SO DIEING FOR THIS MOD. I love the 2.0 release and i just cant wait. Great work guys.

Can you really stab with the bayonet? Hand to hand combat would be so awesome and so great for stealth attacks. Sneaking up on a sentry and cutting his throat is what i live for :)

Edited by Megahurt50

Can you really stab with the bayonet?

Yeah you really can stab with the bayonet, there's also a bayonet charge mode which when activated will stab anyone you sprint into (though not friendlies), Mac is still working out a few small kinks but it should all be rosey for release.

Sneaking up on a sentry and cutting his throat is what i live for

We're looking at ways to implement a knife for the commandos for this sort of action but don't expect it to be present in the 2.5 release, ArmA2 really wasn't made for those sorts of close combat engagements, but we will attempt to do what we can for future releases.

Aargh this thread has run to over a hundred pages and I just got here!

Are you saying there's an AA2 Normandy mod that's finished, playable and ready to go?

Is it called Normandy or Invasion?

What page is the most up to date download link on? What version is it?

Thanks

PS- i know a little bit about WW2 AFV's so if i can help in any way let me know.

I can also do hours of playtesting every day if you like

Edited by PoorOldSpike

As always, all the important information can be found in the first post.

Are you saying there's an AA2 Normandy mod that's finished, playable and ready to go?

What page is the most up to date download link on? What version is it?

Just lol... did you not even bother reading the thread title? The mod's called 'Invasion 1944' the old ArmA2 version is available on the 1st page, a new version for Combined Operations is coming soon. For more info... start reading those 100+ pages, there's a wealth of information there.

Normandy mod...that's blasphemy

Theres a stable ARMA 2 I44 version on first post, make sure to get all the patches 2

Its lots of fun.. suggest you give it a whirl until the OA vers comes out

... there's also a bayonet charge mode which when activated will stab anyone you sprint into (though not friendlies), Mac is still working out a few small kinks but it should all be rosey for release.

:eek: bayonet charge?! didnt expect that to be possible with the engine..

sounds awesome..can AI use a charge too?

i'm betting this mod will reach pacific one day.. if thats the case that charge function would become a staple feature :D

bayonet charge?! didnt expect that to be possible with the engine..

sounds awesome..can AI use a charge too?

Right now no, the AI don't have a clue how to use Bayonets... though I did once see a DAC trooper running around with his attached, no idea how that happened! Maybe one day but for now its very much a player only feature.

I don't believe the AI can use the charge mode. As far as the pacific goes... the Hell in the Pacific mod looks fantastic!

Didn't think so but figured i'd inquire ;) ..works great as player feature either way! :yay: can't wait to get stabby

As far as the pacific goes... the Hell in the Pacific mod looks fantastic!

Thanks for the heads up! The Hell in Pacific mod looks pretty awesome... didn't see that

will have to give it a go soon..

much more partial to the european theatre but the pacific battles definitely had their moments too :cool:

For shame indeed. Music is brilliant, really adds to it. Rminds me of Hidden and Dangerous 2.

Does SFG compose these tracks himself?

Thanks Grub! Here's a sneak peak (part of which was used in commandos).

kLkPy2-ptog

Edited by SFG

Just lol... did you not even bother reading the thread title? The mod's called 'Invasion 1944' the old ArmA2 version is available on the 1st page, a new version for Combined Operations is coming soon. For more info... start reading those 100+ pages, there's a wealth of information there.

Read 100 pages when I could be watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman on TV, no fear!

Anyway Conse just told me this below, so between you and him, you've told me all I need to know..:)

"Theres a stable ARMA 2 I44 version on first post, make sure to get all the patches 2

Its lots of fun.. suggest you give it a whirl until the OA vers comes out"

Read 100 pages when I could be watching Dr Quinn Medicine Woman on TV, no fear!

Anyway Conse just told me this below, so between you and him, you've told me all I need to know..

As long as you don't come back and ask any questions answered in those 100 or so pages, rock on!

Now lets all sit and listen to SFG's awesome music posted above!

..As long as you don't come back and ask any questions answered in those 100 or so pages, rock on!..

Ask questions? MOI??

I'm a quadruple WW2 Combat Mission wargame ladder champion and know so much about the subject that i've been abducted twice by aliens for DNA extraction so they can clone a POS Army to conquer the universe!

http://www.thefewgoodmen.com/thefgmforum/forumdisplay.php?24-Combat-Mission-Tactics

Now lets all sit and listen to SFG's awesome music posted above!

Lol. Man thats just perfect for this mod hey. I was picturing gameplay while listening to the track.

You've done very well.

I'm a quadruple WW2 Combat Mission wargame ladder champion and know so much about the subject that i've been abducted twice by aliens for DNA extraction so they can clone a POS Army to conquer the universe!

Then I'll see you on the battlefield...mwuahahaha!

Well probably not seems your in the UK.

Edited by Grub

Thought id post this here for a giggle, Its a video my Clan Leader made for us to get us all moist for our I44 Campaign starting in April. Uses footage from various I44 vids and our own footage ;)

v1CRQyXYDO8

Love the video OrdeaL :cool:

Epic music & sound...Really shows off this mod

"From the Dawn of D-Day...till they got bored.. they made history killing AI"

LOL that cracked me up :icon_lol: nice job guys