Sign in to follow this  
SFG

Invasion 1944 - DDay 2.0

Mmm, I hope for the next release there's some good animations for the guys on the MG. As at the moment they look very bland.

And, I had a go at creating my first kinda cinematic arma movie, using I44. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiCVYpKT8Lc

Very good work on the mod, by the way. :)

Holy shet!

I think I remember you from way back in the day, didn't you post in the Codemasters OFP DR forums? Nice song choice by the way.

Mmm, I hope for the next release there's some good animations for the guys on the MG.

If you actually read before you post you'd become informed...

If you actually read before you post you'd become informed...

I would love to, but reading through 1,200 posts is going to take a while. And I know they're adding reloading animations and recoil. I was meaning more of a idle stance. Which I haven't read anything on. :)

Holy shet!

I think I remember you from way back in the day, didn't you post in the Codemasters OFP DR forums? Nice song choice by the way.

Yes. And thanks, :)

Edited by Ben_S

I would love to, but reading through 1,200 posts is going to take a while. And I know they're adding reloading animations and recoil. I was meaning more of a idle stance. Which I haven't read anything on

Go to their Youtube channel, they have a vid of where the Machine Gun is up to.

I would love to, but reading through 1,200 posts is going to take a while.

Thats what the 'Search this thread' button is for!

I was meaning more of a idle stance.

I'm not entirely clear on what you're trying to explain, if you mean the stance when standing with weapon lowered etc then no as that would require editing hundreds of keyframes in the base animation which just isn't really possible. Its only really possible to add either static poses or short animations to things like the arms to increase the realism of weapon use (e.g. supported fire position, reloading, bolt actions) rather than having them use modern weapon holding poses.

Go to their Youtube channel, they have a vid of where the Machine Gun is up to.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Invasion1944 in case you haven't found it yet.

It's ok, I must've missed the search this thread button. The idea was kinda 1/2 a joke after making that video, The guys on the MG looked lifeless is all.

And yes, I know the YouTube channel, :)

The guys on the MG looked lifeless is all.

That's to do with how ArmA2 handles static weapons not actually the mod, Macolik has looking to putting more life into the static weapons but its not been as high on our to do list, hopefully at some point we can figure something out to enhance them a bit but again we are limited by what the engine can do to a large extent.

That's to do with how ArmA2 handles static weapons not actually the mod, Macolik has looking to putting more life into the static weapons but its not been as high on our to do list, hopefully at some point we can figure something out to enhance them a bit but again we are limited by what the engine can do to a large extent.

Ok, I take it the engine is not a pretty thing to work with when doing animations.

Can I alter the DAC configs AND use the PBO version still? I tried to add Germans into the DAC unit config like so:

// I44 Germans

case 17:

{

_Unit_Pool_S = ["I44_Man_G_WH_Medic-Arzt","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k_GGrGer","I44_Man_G_WH_MG34-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_MG42-Maschinengewehr","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_CO_P08","I44_Man_G_WH_RPzB54","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_GbLadung10kg","I44_Man_G_WH_Engr_Rohrladung","I44_Man_G_WH_G43","I44_Man_G_WH_K98kZf41","I44_Man_G_WH_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_MP40","I44_Man_G_WH_Sniper_K98kZf42","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_K98k","I44_Man_G_WH_NCO_MP40",]

_Unit_Pool_V = ["I44_Car_G_Kfz1_Camo_WH","I44_Car_G_Kfz1_CamoOpen_WH"];

_Unit_Pool_T = ["I44_HT_G_SdKfz251_1D_WH","I44_HT_G_SdKfz2_Camo_WH","I44_Tank_G_PzKpfwIV_D_WH"];

_Unit_Pool_A = [];

};

In the last parameter there are 4 digits [x1,x2,x3,x4] where x1 is the side, x2 is the unit, x3 is the behavior, and x4 is the camp

So I set all 4 to #17 hoping that would work, no go, so then I set it to [0,17,0,0] because the Germans in I44 are considered the OPFOR, and 0 = East in DAC. I only altered the Unit config, do I need to mess around with others in order to get this up and running?

I just get an error that says the DAC unit config "17" is invalid, even though it's copied exactly from the other groups..

---------- Post added at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

and now I tried using a DAC_Extern logic, put it all in my mission folder and no dice, no error messages, but when the display said "loading units" nothing happened.

Edited by The Hebrew Hammer

You're asking for advice on stuff that is fully documented by DAC's readme, so all I would be doing here is pasting information that you already have access to. If you still have trouble working with after reading the documentation, and viewing all the tutorial missions for DAC your best bet is asking in their topic. Sorry, but if we sit here and answer every basic mission scripting question we'd have no time to work on our own mod. You can open up our missions that make use of DAC to use the configs already setup by myself and see how they work but I wouldn't recommend doing that until you are familiar with the basic understanding of how to use DAC.

Is it going to be available with ACE?

Asked and answered several times before, but no, we do not have the ability or time to ensure the mods compatibility with every other mod available (including ACE) and we definitely don't want to make the mod require another mod (except CBA for the extended event handlers) for users to play it. While it MAY be compatible with some mod, we have done little to no testing with anything else at this point. The only other mod we are really looking at compatibility with at this stage is ACRE to enhance voice comms and provide a realistic comms ingame but even that is not confirmed at this stage. Most features from ACE wouldn't be applicable to I44's setting anyway, and most that would have a use we've produced our own versions of anyway(weapon resting, wounding systems).

Excellent.

I don't much like ACE.

With no additional addons needed except those directly related to 1944 it is a really big hit with me as I am a WW2 buff.

honzikpen;1877806']could you guys make a Super Heavy Tank called "Maus" and "t-28".

would be awsome to see some big guns in there. :D

The Maus was only a prototype so only one was ever completed and that was captured by the soviets when the test area was overrun, while the t-28 is a soviet tank and we aren't dealing with the soviet side of the battle. Generally we'll only be producing units that saw action in the areas the mod focuses on, in this case Normady, primarily Omaha. There's still plenty of stuff in that area we've yet to make that will be on our to do list before we hit any prototype or special weapons, and a long time before we even consider work on a Russian faction. There's other mods out there that deal in particular with the Russian side of the conflict as their main focus anyway. So I wouldn't hold your breath for either sorry.

honzikpen;1877806']could you guys make a Super Heavy Tank called "Maus" and "t-28".

would be awsome to see some big guns in there. :D

someone's been playing world of tanks too much.

also implying that a Tiger's 88 isnt a big gun.

lol, i didnt ever play this game.

i played the awsome Invasion 1944 mod with my friend and we like tanks like the King tiger.

that is a realy a awsome tank to go with on sherman hunting xD

i was thinking if there could be something bigger, that could mess with anything, the maus. :D

Edited by [BAC]honzikpen

No gliders for the 2.5 release but we'll hopefully have some in future releases.

is there also any P-47 Thunderbolt in work?

would be nice to blow up some tanks without using always AT Launchers or diffrend stuff.

republic-p-47-thunderbolt-2.jpg

Nope there's no P-47 at the moment, we've got the P-51 in there, and a bunch of other fighters from the Few which will be included with 2.5, hopefully we can squeeze it in at somepoint but unfortunately we don't have any modellers free to take it up as a new project right now.

I was wondering in regards to tanks, again. :)

Since I have currently been doing a little noobish config tweaking I came over the setting:

ballisticsComputer = 2;

Which added under main turret will give you the OA elevation thing, but without the laser range info at the bottom mid screen. Basically wwII style. Are you guys going for this in v2.5 or is there going to be some other system to range tank optics like in 2.0?

Edit:

Just correcting myself.

BallisticsComputer = 2; goes under the weapon.

Its turretInfoType = "RscWeaponZeroing"; that goes under the turret to get zeroing without laze info on weapons with b2.

Edited by JojoTheSlayer

while the t-28 is a soviet tank and we aren't dealing with the soviet side of the battle.

I do believe your wrong in this instance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T28_Super_Heavy_Tank

Also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T29_Heavy_Tank

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T30_Heavy_Tank

The soviets were not the only people using the "T-" designation.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

actualy his right, t-28 is a soviet tank, however a t28 is a american tank, the - makes all the difference :P