Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

But it only works in close range and not to far ranges

It's enough for killing or destroying something :yay:

----

I will continue to support Bis :) hope the exotic weapon are great.

Well, I would like to know more about the new map, especially the size of the map, but I will probably buy this anyway. :)

I would not get your hopes up now. in the ION thread i mentioned that a picture featured a suburban with a hatch in the roof with no weapon visible (suggesting shooting from vehicles). but upon closer inspection there is actually a minigun mounted....

Arma2-PMC-ingame-sshot-07.jpg

The updates do the XM-8 series will apply to the A2 ones too?

Video-Playback ingame mean Intro and stuff videos or videos been playing "inside" a mission, like something on a TV...?

Its a step closer to texture-to-render\pic-in-pic ?

I would like to know how the default AI does handle all the new stuff and which improvements will be done for A2 core and A2OA (CO) core?

but upon closer inspection there is actually a minigun mounted....

Ohh, my link from earlier is correct, it is this vehicle! Niiiice. Also, you have much better eyes than I do apparently, had to drag that into Photoshop and enhance it to see anything. :)

7Nug5FZgxuk

i thought, seeing the pic there you could shoot from the car, but a minigun sounds waay cooler :P

in-game video playback, has me wondering

This new DLC SHOULD BE FREE!! who is with me? or at least it should cost 5 bucks, the first DLC was.... cmon!!!

But is BI needs some money to make ArmA3 well, i wll pay. Unfortunately the only way I can buy this DLC is via Steam :s

I want a minigun as DLC like Predators movie and Terminator...... not really

Not 100% sure about the setting but ill definatly buy it as so far i always got lot more than i paid for with BIS products.

And then please oh please BIS something for the Russians or something snow related for christmas. :o

The only question I want answering is when will it be released!!

Please, BIS, give us some idea!!!

Video-Playback ingame mean Intro and stuff videos or videos been playing "inside" a mission, like something on a TV...? Its a step closer to texture-to-render\pic-in-pic ?

+1 on that... How far is this being implemented ? It could be nice a step towards animated textures (screens, MFDs...) and eventually render to texture...

I can't wait! EW was an awesome little campaign so I'm sure this new PMC will be kick ass.

On another note, stop being crybabies, no one is forcing you to buy these DLCs and it's not breaking multiplayer compatibility as you have feared before BAF so if you hate PMCs or DLCs or some other acronym just ignore it and stop moaning.

The only question I want answering is when will it be released!!

Please, BIS, give us some idea!!!

24th November 2010

I find it quite difficult to understand so much hatred aimed towards missions where the player is a member of a team, not a team leader. So many (especially new) players did find looking after AI teammates very distracting and wanted more CWC-like missions... and it looks like that's exactly what BIS did. Like they did before with Arrowhead after the hatred agains warfare missions in the SP campaign. Plus I guess the squad commander will be very (very well) scripted, so no "Zomg, my squad leader got me killed! Broken game!" situations should happen.

i noticed something. in the RPS interview they stated that the new campaign will be 13 missions long, but in the press releases it says 10 missions

is that 13 incorporating some branching missions or multiple endings?

i noticed something. in the RPS interview they stated that the new campaign will be 13 missions long, but in the press releases it says 10 missions

is that 13 incorporating some branching missions or multiple endings?

# Original singleplayer campaign with strong storyline unfolding across more than ten missions.

But yeah, may be multiple endings or something, like Arrowhead.

BIS, give us winter warfare DLC! Winter units, vehicles, island, campaign ! :)

+1 :yay:

I´m sort of being between psyched and sceptical about this. I wouldn´t mind something story driven and not caring too much about realism, such as EW, over the cluttered gameplay-mess Operation Arrowhead´s Campaign was. I´ve not finished the BAF campaign yet, but I have to say as far as DLC mileage goes, it´s been a fantastic deal.

Consider the heavily sold Stimulus Pack for MW2 (5 maps, only one of which was rated "good" by the gamesmag we get every month. Two or three of the maps were recycled MW1 maps.), which was sold for 15 bucks. Compared to that, BAF has:

Nine Singleplayer Missions

A new Campaign with all humps and ba-doo-daddle you could want.

British Soldiers in three camo variations with gear to boot, as well as new vehicles and helos. For five bucks less than the silly MW2 mappack.

And you even get those for FREE as BAF lite (okay, they look a bit mushy, but hey, deal with it.)

As far as business models go, DLC are a viable way for a company to generate lots of revenue, with much less effort than releasing a packaged game. And BIS put much more effort into it than your average gaming company seems to do nowadays (anyone remember the horse-armour DLC for Oblivion? That´s a ripoff, but not this.). I also don´t know why people bash Queen´s Gambit so much... then again, maybe I´ve just not payed enough attention when playing it?

If the PMC pack goes along the way of Eagle Wing, I will buy it twice, once for me, and once for my brother, so we can Coop the hell out of it. Will wait until I´ve seen some reviews, though.

But even if it´s not as good as EW, I´ll still buy it once for me, so I can get the delicious new content. The features will be added by patch anyway, as the new features of BAF also have been.

My two cents anyway

Cheers

Edited by InstaGoat

Okay after reading through the announcement and stuff I can say it looks good, I'll buy it, even though this PMC thing doesn't sound too interesting for me.

Also, from the interview: Bad idea, I hope that's optional, 'cause watching the team fail the mission for me, while I stand there not being able to do anything isn't quite my idea of fun.

Play CWC and you'll get an idea of what (I hope) they're trying to do. It worked with OFP's much less sophisticated AI, so in theory it should work better in ArmA 2. It establishes the idea that sometimes things are just beyond your control, which was quite a major theme in the early parts of CWC.

I'm wondering where the Czech Army and "Summer Chernarus" fit into this DLC or if that's some other DLC/Expansion or something?

It's clear there's some new expanded Chernarus map...somewhere, but the PMC page only lists a post-apocalyptic weapons desert test range map.

Play CWC and you'll get an idea of what (I hope) they're trying to do. It worked with OFP's much less sophisticated AI, so in theory it should work better in ArmA 2. It establishes the idea that sometimes things are just beyond your control, which was quite a major theme in the early parts of CWC.

This will only work if they don´t implement the team-death penalties of Arrowhead or (worse) Harvest Red.

The AI being beyond your control shouldn´t be a punishment to the player: if they get shot up, and the AI commands the squad, the player can do nilch to prevent them from dying. This was one of the major reasons why I didn´t play beyond the second mission of harvest red for a long time, because Miles would keep running in front of everybody´s mom and their machine gun.

How CWC did it was unrealistic, but much better a solution, gameplay-fairness wise.

I'm wondering where the Czech Army and "Summer Chernarus" fit into this DLC or if that's some other DLC/Expansion or something?

It's clear there's some new expanded Chernarus map...somewhere, but the PMC page only lists a post-apocalyptic weapons desert test range map.

Given how much this PMC DLC was foreshadowed on AAN (ion/black company have been mentioned since OA's release and the 'crisis' they're in started developing around the time of the BAF announcement), I wouldn't be surprised if that's next

That aside, I'm bloody stoked for this. Looks great.