Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Private Military Company (ARMA 2: PMC) DLC

BIS (with its ability to do whatever the heck it wants with the engine etc) should be similarly able to amaze us with such things.

What would be left for modders to do, then? ;)

I'm of the opinion that BIS want to take an approach that doesn't restrict the creativity of their community, as they have admitted that the community is what they are most proud of. They'll lay the ground work and let us do whatever we want with it. Always. If they do it before us, which I'm sure in some cases is entirely possible for them to do, then I could see it demotivating those working to achieve the same end result on their own, striving for their own sense of achievement as well as providing something special for us.

I would pay about 5 bucks for a sizeable collection of easy to use scripts and modules that made mission creation much easier instead of having to hunt through the editing forums and then examining the test missions people put in to try and figure out how to tweak it to my needs. I'm stupid, I almost failed computer science, I would love if I could just get some useful things in easy to use modules.

They could have it as like the Arma 2: Editors Pack or something. Completely optional for people who don't like to edit but very useful for people who do.

$5 please. :yay:

lol very strange logic, what ever floats your boat.

"what else is there?", that's the eternal question isn't it? :)

Every once in a while I am blown away by the things that the community develops, where they break the mold and do something unique you never thought of and all with the restraints that modders have to deal with (some of ACE's features would be a good example). BIS (with its ability to do whatever the heck it wants with the engine etc) should be similarly able to amaze us with such things.

Just my opinion, but buying clapt out predictable DLC that people have said they don't really want or have much enthusiasm for but are going to buy anyway is a really bad idea.

Sure innovation is hard, but that's what makes the end result so desirable.

From what I understood, engine improvements are not part of DLCs, but part of free patches, which are released with the DLCs. DLCs are about content, patches are for engine changes and features. Which if you ask me is far far better a solution.

From what I understood, engine improvements are not part of DLCs, but part of free patches, which are released with the DLCs. DLCs are about content, patches are for engine changes and features. Which if you ask me is far far better a solution.

Im guessing they use the income from DLCs to pay their salaries so they can justify improvements to the engine:)

Still waiting for the DLC/update that has non-beta real time 3D editor.

Holding breath... now! ;)

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=101159509952732&ref=mf

I apologise if this 404s on anyone/everyone. Actually, no, I don't apologise.

One year after British and coalition armed forces successfully quelled the insurgent uprising in Takistan, the NATO Green Sea deployment is in the process of a strategic drawdown of combat troops in the region. Private military contractors shoulder the burden of the increased workload, with competition rising between the multinational organisations for lucrative security contracts.

Private Military Company, ION, Inc. (formerly Black Element), successfully bid for a contract - codenamed Black Gauntlet - to provide security for a UN investigation team as they seek to piece together information regarding Takistan's abandoned nuclear weapons programme.

Arma 2: Private Military Company will be deployed exclusively for PC on 24th November 2010. It will be available for GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99.

Wonder if that was the "announcement" Dwarden was talking about yesterday. Hope not, since there's nothing new to it that I can see.

Hmmm, it says on Arma2 site that PMC DLC will have 2-player cooperative campaign...

Count me in! :yay:

From Facebook...

76297_461308391016_72200346016_5904243_4625406_n.jpg

WEATHER REPORT!

Welcome to November, Recruits!

This month, BI Studio's view distance shall be mostly set to LOW!

72440_461308416016_72200346016_5904244_2864886_n.jpg

1.55st CLASS, SOLDIER!

With incoming new engine optimisations,

Graphical artefacts associated with fog and other particle effects have been addressed in the soon-to-be-released 1.55 patch (currently in beta).

76330_461308431016_72200346016_5904245_5689036_n.jpg

UTRINQUE PARATUS!

ARMA 2 takes good notice of the lads in the Para's motto!

Fog, 6ft of snow, Czech Beer - come whatever may,

BI is always ready to make the best mil-sim sandbox game on the planet!

Aww, I thought those were ingame shots and was all excited that we'd be able to snipe from BI's office building. :)

Hopefully we'll get some new screenshots soon :D

+1 to that! :D

I can't wait to see some more PMC Character models, I hope they all arent wearing flannel and baseball caps. :p

Also would love to hear more about the BAF Patch and if anything major is being added to it *Hint* SAS *Hint* :)

BAF did a month of weekly reveals before it's release date. If BIS does the same for this DLC, we should hopefully see something Wednesday. :)

All right, lets make things clear and to the point right now. It doesn't really matter what your deathspitting high-velocity metal caster looks like, nor which designation it has. After all its not what it looks like (or what its called) that matters. Its how you use it. Right?

Except it does. The XM8 is what we're getting. No amount of bitching, name calling, or reasonable arguments is going to change that. BUT am I the only one who thinks that with the contemporary PLETHORA of would be M4 replacements there are out there-- Bohemia could have managed to pick something more credible main armament for a private military corp?

Had I argued for plausible realism PMCs would all be armed with M4 or AKM derivatives. I'm not. I thought the FN SCAR was a silly choice for the US Army in the first place, but in the war torn future of the Armaverse... Not impossible. However once you've gone down that path of theme and setting you would expect some sort of consistency.

Would a private military corporation really pick up a failed military product? Or might they go for something like a upgraded M16 platform made by (and sometimes for) the private marked? You know something that your would-be-operators might already be familiar with. Hell in today there are enough piston driven would-be-M4-replacements coming out of American industries to shake a stick at.

Am I the only one who thinks that practically any modern firearm would make for a better choice than the XM8? :j:

-k

edit: But don't take this too seriously. I'm writing this bedridden with a 39+ fever-- its not like I wouldn't vote with my wallet and buy the DLC-- even if the mercenaries (Ooo, loaded word) only means of defence were thrown custard pies and badly performed folkmusic. From what I've seen so far the story/acting/immersion is looking better than any Bohemia title to date. (except the ol'first one) and all is forgiven.

416/417 would be a choose, but if I really have to choose I would pick the SR-47, I know that its only a concept weapon that have only a few in the world, but personally I think its just 10 times cooler then the miserable XM8.

I VOTE PULSE RIFLE!!! USCMC FTW HOORAH HOORAH HOORAH!!!... Maybe they picked 'em up cheap from the manufacturers stock clearance :P

Im cool with M4, SCARs,416, XM8 (hope the A2 ones get updated too ¬¬), AK, whatever. I would vote for something really exotic just for fun, something we don´t usually see in any mod or pack out there. With a PMC theme you could go nuts in that matter...

Or something really tacticool. Airsoft tacticool...