Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

I may wanna work on SP missions/campaign with this mod, BUT, as the new release is coming up, I dunna what to do:

should I (re)dowlaod this mod, or wait for the next release?

I mean, is it worth downloading the 2.1 version of this mod since the new one ins coming up, or have I enough time before this new version is released?

Mate go ahead edit away :) There's still a fair bit to do, but we are making good progress it will be a while before 2.5 is ready for public release.

Great mod!

Are there any updates to the objects included that could be made available for map developers?

The Vietnamese huts for instance are really really dark on a terrain I'm building, they seem to be using outdated ArmA 1 rvmats that could do with an increase in diffuse values?

Hello,

[A buddy of mine posted this elsewhere but I didn't see his post here...so here it is. I've tried to help to no avail.....]

"I am having trouble with my installation of Unsung Vietnam war mod. From what I see I have installed all the files properly. But I am getting a error with one of the vehicles skins and I am not spawning (In the editor or missions)I am just staring at the map. Like its taunting me. I have looked everywhere from high and low for a answer please help me?

I cant post screenshots since is the first post but the errors goes as:

You cannot play edit this mission it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.caweapons_ammoboxes

Invalid crew us_nva8a in us_nvatruck_reammo

No entry bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/uns_sf_11b.mapSize'.

If you need more information just ask

Sounds like he is missing an addon there somewhere. Get him to take a screenshot of his unsung folder maybe we can figure it out.

All the downloads seem to have been removed due to copyright infringement + piratebay is blocked by my ISP.

Also tried Armanam but downloads at a rate of 300MB in 38 hours.

Any other sites this mod + patch is hosted on?

You can download it from here, Armaholic's mirrors.

HAZ

Hey guys, just wondering if you guys have had a look into the .rpt errors relating to the default game static .50 cal emplacements mentioned a few pages ago?

class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in M2StaticMG_US_EP1

class HitPoints::HitEngine not found in M2StaticMG

After doing some testing, its definatly an issue with Unsung. The size of the .rpt after a session with static MG's in a mission is huge.

Looking forward to the next update, as always appreciate the hard work.

Also getting a flood of the following error in the .rpt

Object::AnimatePoint uns_village\misc\uns_villshelter2.p3d - KeepHeight: Function is quite slow

Edited by Shadow.D. ^BOB^

How do you install the mod I'm confused

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 18:23 ----------

Could someone give a list of simple step by step instructions

How do you install the mod
Best to use SixUpdater for this or read the 'modfolder' instructions on the bottom of the Armaholic\Uns download page.

Well, you guys would bring me to a heart attack, I thought that the mod was released, but you're just going to download version 2.0 and patch 2.1. Can not wait for the call, "Welcome to the Jungle" in Unsung mod.

Well, you guys would bring me to a heart attack, I thought that the mod was released.

Ha!! Not yet just getting things organised. And no it doesn't mean its going to be released within the next few days either ... One less thing to do :)

Is the patch needed to play this mod because when I started it, it came up with an error every 4 or 5 minutes when I was playing and eventually it glitched and i died, should 6 updater install the patch. I also have ace installed if that changes anything

I believe the latest verision is not on sixupdater, however, the mod should work if installing via sixupdater.

The mod also works with ACE.

What errors are you getting?

It is coming up with loading errors both when the game is loading up and when I am playing

It also won't let me do things like go into 3rd person view

also, ace does not work sometimes and sometimes it works

Edited by Capoz98

Is there a list of the soldier names for this mod to use with AI Recruitment?

thanks.

I believe the latest verision is not on sixupdater, however, the mod should work if installing via sixupdater.
Latest version in the first post is v2.1, this version is on the SU network. Did I miss anything?

Latest version in the first post is v2.1, this version is on the SU network. Did I miss anything?

Not yet, but there are some additional files in armanam-forum. This files are not present in normal UNSUNG-Mod.

How's the mod coming along guys? Should we be expecting an update soon, still very much in love with this mod :D

I have started creating a mission following the events of the conflict of La Drang valley in Vietnam I have used the unsung mod to do so.

I have created the basics on what I want to happen in this mission its just I am a complete noob and have no clue what I am doing.

in this mission i want it to be a like for like down to every detail based on the war film we were soldiers.

I just need help from a kind soul that could lend a hand in helping me with setting objectives and tasks etc..

And also really fine tuning this mission so it would look and turn out like a really great mission for the Vietnam fan's

i hope this message is read by someone who could really help and i apologize for the lack of information and the place where i have put this information.

if you are interested please don't hesitate to email me so i can send you the mission file and let you see for your self the work i have put in so far.

streetja@hotmail.co.uk

Download links on front page don't work, is that cos they been taken down ready for the next version?

I have been trying to look up a way to spawn ONE single VC unit in my mission. been trying to do this through a script but i am having trouble defining the path to find the classname. I am using this line of code:

GroupName = [getMarkerPos "spawnPoint1", EAST, 10] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

This will usually create a bunch of russians but i want to spawn either one or more vc's.

any suggestions guys? i really love the mod and i have been looking at the operational handbook and stuff but with no luck.

please dont trash me for my noobishness.

I have been trying to look up a way to spawn ONE single VC unit in my mission. been trying to do this through a script but i am having trouble defining the path to find the classname. I am using this line of code:

GroupName = [getMarkerPos "spawnPoint1", EAST, 10] call BIS_fnc_spawnGroup;

This will usually create a bunch of russians but i want to spawn either one or more vc's.

any suggestions guys? i really love the mod and i have been looking at the operational handbook and stuff but with no luck.

please dont trash me for my noobishness.

Try this,

RESGrpr = Creategroup EAST;

_leader = EastGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr1b", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = RESGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr11a", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = RESGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr12a", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = RESGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr12d", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = RESGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr12c", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_unit = RESGrpr createUnit ["uns_dccr12e", [(getMarkerPos "res") select 0,(getMarkerPos "res") select 1,0], [], 3, "FORM"];

_leader = leader RESGrpr;

wp1 = RESGrpr addwaypoint [position helo1, 0];

wp1 setwaypointtype "MOVE";

wp1 setWaypointFormation "LINE";

For changing units take a look at the pdf called OpHandbook for Unsung ArmA 2 - Release 2 in your @unusng files.