Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Going to looks stupid but cant find the aircraft, only the O-1 "Birddog"?

The other us planes should be under the same section as the birddog unless your missing the PBO's ,or you might have an old version.

Says I have the addons (F100) in the addons folder? The only one I downloadd as a seperate was the Skyraider. That is also sitting in the addons folder but neither showing in the editor. Strange...

Does this mod work on the steam free to play version, and if so, where do I download it to?

Can anyone tell me please?

:confused:

No, the free to play version will not work with any mods. If you want to be able to use mods, you need to buy the full game, or better yet buy Combined Operations, which is ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead.

Alright, Where would my download path be to? as in, where would I download the mod to in my steam folders?

You would put the @UNS folder in your Arrowhead root folder. Something like

c:\program files (x86)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead.

Some footage from our VIETNAM co-op night.

Really enjoyed the mod, thanks.

Ok time for an update... Well, things are progressing slowly however,we are still moving ahead. I know we promised a new islands in the next release but unfortunately due to time constraints it appears the islands may not be ready in time. What we are focussing on in the next release are bug fixes and wiping out those rpt errors so we have a clean base to expand further.

We have redone 90% of the sounds in game and the units are now OA compatible meaning you can now use the ruck system. Also a few weapons missing from our last release are now available. A few new planes from Yac will also join the unsung air wing. Work has started on a full story driven campaign, which a lot of people complained about ever since release 1. Again we are not going to promise anything since murphy's law applies. However, that's the plan an attainable goal for now.

At the moment we are seeking the talents of :

Voice actors American accents x 5

Voice actors Vietnamese accents X 2

Cutscene maker / camera man X 1

Scripter x 1

We are only seeking genuine people to help not time wasters or anyone joining just to get access to our latest work.

The unsung team

Ok time for an update... Well, things are progressing slowly however,we are still moving ahead. I know we promised a new islands in the next release but unfortunately due to time constraints it appears the islands may not be ready in time. What we are focussing on in the next release are bug fixes and wiping out those rpt errors so we have a clean base to expand further.

We have redone 90% of the sounds in game and the units are now OA compatible meaning you can now use the ruck system. Also a few weapons missing from our last release are now available. A few new planes from Yac will also join the unsung air wing. Work has started on a full story driven campaign, which a lot of people complained about ever since release 1. Again we are not going to promise anything since murphy's law applies. However, that's the plan an attainable goal for now.

Scripter x 1

We are only seeking genuine people to help not time wasters or anyone joining just to get access to our latest work.

The unsung team

Nice news.Cant wait next release.

great to hear about this campaign.

how missions will there be?

and what kind of missions?

only infanterie? pilot missions? fighter jet or chopper? tank crewman?

are we gonna be led or are we gonna lead?

thanks

Scripter x 1

The unsung team

Fantastic news from one of the best Mods ever!

great to hear about this campaign.

how missions will there be?

and what kind of missions?

only infanterie? pilot missions? fighter jet or chopper? tank crewman?

are we gonna be led or are we gonna lead?

thanks

Without giving too much away ... It will be infantry based for this episode centred around the special forces Captain ( so you will lead ) and the cidg. Missions will be tied into the story as the mission team complete their work. As things progress and new islands become available then maybe we will shift the story to a pilot or tanker it all depends on available time.

Hello. The 2.1 download doesn't seem to work for me. I click on the multiupload link and it doesn't work.

Thanks Foxhound! BTW I found a little easter egg. In the motorpool you can place via the editor there is an easter egg inside the office area lol!

Well as I mentioned in my previous post , we are not sure if any new island will make it into the next release. Have to wait and see.

We are appealing to the community to help us finish off our campaign story. We are in need of 4 -5 voice actors with American accents. We are putting together a full dialogue script and at present have 2 voice actors but more are needed. If anyone is interested please contact me (sav) here or at the www.armanam.com.

Further updates on our mod to come

Maybe you should post this request also in the voice actors topic in ArmAII mission editing. It might be easier to get spotted there by people who are able to help. Just a humble suggestion.

I have one request: could you change the symbols of the buildings that are displayed in the editor? It would make placing of units at most of the FOBs and other bases much more easy. Now unfortunately it's rather difficult to place the soldiers and other units at the bases.

We are appealing to the community to help us finish off our campaign story. We are in need of 4 -5 voice actors with American accents. We are putting together a full dialogue script and at present have 2 voice actors but more are needed. If anyone is interested please contact me (sav) here or at the www.armanam.com.

Further updates on our mod to come

next updates and campaign is coming soon shortly time,or coming soon ?

Please make a new all-in-one Unsung Mod pack incl. mission updates! Maybe even some training missions so people can get familiar with Unsung specials/features? :)

Maybe you should post this request also in the voice actors topic in ArmAII mission editing. It might be easier to get spotted there by people who are able to help. Just a humble suggestion.

Thanks mate will do

I have one request: could you change the symbols of the buildings that are displayed in the editor? It would make placing of units at most of the FOBs and other bases much more easy. Now unfortunately it's rather difficult to place the soldiers and other units at the bases.

Umm will try but honestly its at the bottom of the list of things to do.

next updates and campaign is coming soon shortly time,or coming soon ?

Comming soon there are still things to be done :)

Please make a new all-in-one Unsung Mod pack incl. mission updates! Maybe even some training missions so people can get familiar with Unsung specials/features? :)

Yes a complete new download will be available, complete and working properly this time :P .As for the training mission we might put in some that teach you jungle tactics and how to survive , will see if we have time :)

in your last version of Unsung mod, on the maps, it was laggy/we used to lose FPS/we had to set viewdistance to 1500.

has this been corrected/fixed/worked out?

or is it still the same?

thanks

in your last version of Unsung mod, on the maps, it was laggy/we used to lose FPS/we had to set viewdistance to 1500.

has this been corrected/fixed/worked out?

or is it still the same?

thanks

In short no, it has been discussed in this thread so many times we are not going revisit it again.

Please go back through previous posts and you will find tips how to get it running a lot smoother.

I will only say in such thick foliage like that you don't need a VD of 1500. 500 is more than enough.

Sav :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE