Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Quick question:

Is the latest released version v2.1? I'm just wondering before I get downloading.

I say edit the island you have to get better FPS on them.

Good FPS and player will love you!

The authors of these islands have taken leave for a indefinite period of time to address RL issues, therefore I doubt that any of the existing islands will be reworked anytime soon. Sorry :)

Quick question:

Is the latest released version v2.1? I'm just wondering before I get downloading.

That is correct download 2.0 and patch 2.1 that's the latest version. Both links are on the front page of this thread.

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I've asked this question before so here goes again:

Where are the existing SP missions for this map/MOD?

Thanks

KK

Thanks

KK

the Missions should be in one of the Download packeges ....

you can find it under singelplayer scenarios ...

Thanks

KK

I said this before I'll say it again :D what your after is on front page of this thread.

patch 2.1

Sav

Awesome video there! Loved the sprinkling of famous 'Nam films too!

Can anybody tell me how to insert music into the level creator? I really wanna help you guys out so I'm working on putting together some quality missions. Gonna take a while, but it's a W.I.P!

Edited by Diggdydog

Awesome video there! Loved the sprinkling of famous 'Nam films too!

Can anybody tell me how to insert music into the level creator? I really wanna help you guys out so I'm working on putting together some quality missions. Gonna take a while, but it's a W.I.P!

Create a trigger ... and then press "effects"

ther you can select the "arma" music.

if you wanna have "real" music ... :) you have to convert your Music into *.ogg fiels.

I posted this in the armanam Forums too, maybe someone here can help me out ?!

i realy want to run Unsung mod on our Clan Server, but have several problems with the Keys.

i have tried diferent downloads of keys but nothing helps. I have also tried the Six Updater verison but this one seems not up to date. i also installed the 2.1 patch.

Maybe it has something to do with Controlling addon signature verification on the server

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Addon_Signatures#Controlling_addon_signature_verification_on_the_server

Can someone help me please ?!

first key errors a ..

csj_ch46
csj_lowlands
csj_uh1supply
uns_a1j
uns_air
uns_army

I'm gonna turn some screenshots into nice graphics. Using the Apocalypse Now font. If you like them then your welcome to use them.

Edited by Diggdydog

I'm gonna turn some screenshots into nice graphics. Using the Apocalypse Now font. If you like them then your fair to use them.

nice ...

lets see if when you a finished.

Edited by Anemia

Turns out my graphics weren't cranked up enough. I'll get some better quality ones tonight. Meanwhile here's a tiny starter.

2011-09-22_00003.gif

Also, is there any way to play operation lowlands without being the Sarge. I really suck at leadership... mainly just the keys actually. Strategy I'm alright at

Edited by Diggdydog

Turns out my graphics weren't cranked up enough. I'll get some better quality ones tonight. Meanwhile here's a tiny starter.

[img ]http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll221/Diggdydog/2011-09-22_00003.gif[/img]

Also, is there any way to play operation lowlands without being the Sarge. I really suck at leadership... mainly just the keys actually. Strategy I'm alright at

Nice Pic ,

Think you have to learn how to deal with the Commando Keys from Arma :)

for me these a the important keybindings

3 - 5 (Engange at will)

3 - 2 (Hold Fire)

7 - 2 (Danger)

7 - 3 (Alert)

1 - 1 (return to formation)

1 - 6 (Stopp / Hold)

here a two pictures of my last Lowland Patrol

400_3438303662383835.jpg400_6366346464303265.jpg

Edited by Foxhound
2nd time, do not quote images!!

Definitely! How do you select one troop without looking at them, and how do you get a troop to heal another troop even if they're not a medic.

Man, my last two lowland patrols haven't gone so well.

The first one I caught a Huey to the furthest Vill in our AO. We got off the Huey, approached the Vill. Nearly got there when out of fucking nowhere an RPG is fired and smashes clean into one of my men. Killing him and the two around him. Then 2 more RPG's hit us, killing another 2 and wounding myself. At this point grunt 6 runs to my aid and gets me back on my feet. While he's healing me another RPG opens up and destroys the other guy. Now it's just me and 6. I have us retreat to some long grass to conceal ourselves and call the Huey. We wait and it turns up and takes us back. We're both uber fucked up. Properly on last legs. Luckily I made it out of that one.

I then decided it was time to hit Charlie at night. We head up to a Vill up the road in a truck. I used some initiative when we started getting hit. I turned the trucks lights on and pointed it in the general direction of the enemy, thus dazing them and giving us the advantage of being able to see them. Mopped up pretty easily. Decided to patrol around. No contact what so ever, so no charlie hunting. Got back to base with one 3 casualties.

BIG QUESTION!! (Not really...) I was wondering how has your character got his helmet on? Mine always just has a bandana and a helmet behind his head. Pisses me off...

Touching off after getting messed up by the RPG's.

2011-09-23_00006.jpg

Edited by Diggdydog

Unsung mod is AWESOME. There is nothing else like it in Arma2. I'm not sure if its the terrain, vegetation, AI, camo, the lack of a mechanized enemy or what, but every mission feels like fighting a war against ghosts ... Damn! Those MoFos are good.

Edited by MissionCreep

Definitely! How do you select one troop without looking at them, and how do you get a troop to heal another troop even if they're not a medic.

Man, my last two lowland patrols haven't gone so well.

The first one I caught a Huey to the furthest Vill in our AO. We got off the Huey, approached the Vill. Nearly got there when out of fucking nowhere an RPG is fired and smashes clean into one of my men. Killing him and the two around him. Then 2 more RPG's hit us, killing another 2 and wounding myself. At this point grunt 6 runs to my aid and gets me back on my feet. While he's healing me another RPG opens up and destroys the other guy. Now it's just me and 6. I have us retreat to some long grass to conceal ourselves and call the Huey. We wait and it turns up and takes us back. We're both uber fucked up. Properly on last legs. Luckily I made it out of that one.

I then decided it was time to hit Charlie at night. We head up to a Vill up the road in a truck. I used some initiative when we started getting hit. I turned the trucks lights on and pointed it in the general direction of the enemy, thus dazing them and giving us the advantage of being able to see them. Mopped up pretty easily. Decided to patrol around. No contact what so ever, so no charlie hunting. Got back to base with one 3 casualties.

BIG QUESTION!! (Not really...) I was wondering how has your character got his helmet on? Mine always just has a bandana and a helmet behind his head. Pisses me off...

Touching off after getting messed up by the RPG's.

To select your soldiers without looking at them press the F1 - F10 Key. By bigger group size you can switch between 2 - 10 and 11 - xx by pressing F11 + F12

To heal other team members you need a medic , or a Medic HMMWV or Medic Tent , you can order you men to heal at Car or MASH by selecting the soldier and then press 6 - ?! and than select heal by XXX

the actions at "6" a only for one team member , no multi select support.

The guy at the Pic is not me , its one of my soldiers :)

Right, I'll give that a shot when I'm next on. It was just when I went down from all the RPG fire I got mildly patched up by 6 (Who as you can see from the screenshot is not a medic). Useful to know how to heal them back at base (6 still isn't healed).

That makes sense then. How did you take those screenshots to look so good? Did you just crop the reticule and command system out of the screen or what?

Right, I'll give that a shot when I'm next on. It was just when I went down from all the RPG fire I got mildly patched up by 6 (Who as you can see from the screenshot is not a medic). Useful to know how to heal them back at base (6 still isn't healed).

That makes sense then. How did you take those screenshots to look so good? Did you just crop the reticule and command system out of the screen or what?

thes two pics a from a Editor mission , on Lowlands Island.....

i use Fraps (Full Version) to take Screenshots in Arma ....

You can disable the HUD completle in Options .... and when you look around by pressing the ALT key , you dont see your weapon Aim Point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Have still the Problem with Serverkeys for Unsung Mod ....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I posted this in the armanam Forums too, maybe someone here can help me out ?!

i realy want to run Unsung mod on our Clan Server, but have several problems with the Keys.

i have tried diferent downloads of keys but nothing helps. I have also tried the Six Updater verison but this one seems not up to date. i also installed the 2.1 patch.

Maybe it has something to do with Controlling addon signature verification on the server

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Armed_Assault:_Addon_Signatures#Controlling_addon_signature_verification_on_the_server

Can someone help me please ?!

first key errors a ..

csj_ch46
csj_lowlands
csj_uh1supply
uns_a1j
uns_air
uns_army

Edited by Anemia

Is the auto aim feature turned off in this mod?

Thanks

Having issues getting grenades and m72 to work. I can spawn with them, but when I got to select the grenades with F, they never show up. The M72 looks like its in the position to ready, but not sure how. Going through the guide again to see if I missed it but any help would be great...