Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

could the updated files be placed in one larger file ? that way people can down the updates a lot easier then look for every single file to see if it has been updated (or make a easy to reckognise way to the forum post wich files are updated

Kilgore,

The aircraft will have some dev time spent on them for next updates.:)

Supergrunt,

That will be done ,but it will prolly be in a patch form in the not too distant future.

:)

Kilgore,

The aircraft will have some dev time spent on them for next updates.:)

Supergrunt,

That will be done ,but it will prolly be in a patch form in the not too distant future.

:)

thanks very much.:D

For people who have trouble finding the Single player mission that can be played as sort of a campaign...

It's called Operation Lowlands, it's in your single player folder. So the folder in your root dir is called 'Missions'. That's where it is. The actual name of the file is 'UNS_SP_Operation_Lowlands.csj_lowlands'.

I do not have ArmA2-OA, don't know if it works in that. I have ArmA2 and have made and played it in that.

The way it's played is that you start on your own, you can get troops from the Co in the hut situated central of the base. Walk up to him. Ammo and weapons are west in the base, couple of crates there. Through the radio menu (0-0 something), you can use either arty or huey transport. Figure it out. The huey is south-east of the base. Get your troops in, use menu, look for a nice open piece on the map and get yourself into trouble.

There is no actual mission goal. You can do whatever you want. There's even vehicles in the base for your use. No new vehicles will be added during play, nor will there be a new huey once the old one get's shot down or crashes.

A way to make sure a clearing on teh map is actually large enough for the huey to land, is use the action "fly to and hold" instead of "fly to and land". Check the spot out, if satisfied use "fly to and land" and hey presto you in a world of sh$$. I sometimes use the arty to flatten a piece of land before i go and land. Makeshift LZ's ;)

Couple of ways to make it to the end of the mission:

- Move out of the immediate base area and back in for approx 20-25 times.

(so basically you can do 20-25 self imagined/thought up missions)

After that there will be a message your tour is over and the map will end.

- Destroy a part of the enemy's logistical objects. There's fuel depo's, weapon depo's, medical camp's, truck depo's controlled either by VC or NVA. ome of them are well camo'd up, so you would have to actually look at them to see them. Picture how a bunker would look then picture one of the depo's. Also think logically when searching for these things. If enough logistical stuff is destroyed, the map will end saying you overwon the enemy.

- number 3 to end the map is a easy one. Die. Easy one ey?

An example of a self made up mission i played many times:

I start at base, get me troops, get me weapons i want. Look at map. Pic some nice waypoints i want to move through and mark them on the map. Most of the times the waypoints i choose include a village or two. Look for a nice LZ nearby first waypoint.

Get in chopper and order it to land at the LZ. Get troops out of it, order huey back to base through radio. Now me and my team are all alone and ready to go patrol. Move out through my waypoints and basically if i spot something, i go check it, if i spot enemy i can decide to or decide not to attack, if i come across a village i can check it out thoroughly (there can be intel in villages! vc papers or something.). Then if i get to my last waypoint and all is swell and dandy still by then, i get to a nice clearing where th ehuey can land and secure teh area with my troops. I order in the huey to come and land at that clearing (radio menu). Then get my troops in, order huey back to base. Once i made it back to base, pay attention now, the actual script for the mission will tell itself you have been out of base area and back in 1 time. Now, this means you can do smae stuff for about 20 more times before map will actually end. Before i go out again, i save the mission, get all my troops if wounded healed up again at the medical hut in the base, get everybody loaded up with ammo and weaponry again, replace any KIA team members of mine by going to the base CO again. If all is well and everybody in the team happy, i once again plan a new mission. This mission may be based on intell i gathered in a previous one or a complete new one. It's really up to the player to what he wants to do.

That's how i planned this mission i made, freedom for the player in what he wants to do. And due to the fact it's up to the player in what he does during the 20-25 times he get's out and back in of the base area, it can be sorta called a campaign. But a campaign entirelly filled with missions thought up by the player himself.

Now go, go get yourself killed. As i am sure you will run into some ambush, step on some mine or wire or go rambo in some firefight. Bodybag gentlemen is my answer. :)

Walk slow, look around and when the shit hit's the fan and bullets start screaming to you from somewhere, let everybody hug the friggin ground and spray the area. hug tree's, ditches, rocks, mama san's, rice paddy's, make yourself smaller then the odd rat or snake crawling about-in fact use them for cover as well. Good luck!

At mission loading this error emerges: no entry ` bin\config.bin/CfgMagzines. `.

How to correct? Started on ARMA2CO and only on ARMA2 the same result.

Or at me that that not that with game?

I wait from you SP.Campaign

Also it is necessary as that for fight in jungle to establish balance AI Combat Skills in favour of the player in SP missions

Edited by Andy Mcnab

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I've been playing Vietnam mods since OFP but I've run into a problem installing this one.

I've downloaded the mod I extracted all the files, but it did not create any folders/mod folders, so I created an @UNS with an addons folder inside it.

I put all the files into the addons folder and did the shortcut thing.

It launches but I'm getting error messages all over the place, and a couple of the islands take forever to load.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

@Gazmeister

Maybe check armanam site and download all needed pateches and addons from there. I do that and i have no errors from this mod.

It's the best Vam games of ARMA2 ever seen. Really enjoy the gaming experiences very much with it! Appreciating so much soliders' options and I like such details.

Only suggestion, if the iron sight of weapon, such as M16A1 &etc., could be improved if you could get more time for that, for instance, giving more details with better pictures.

Can someone please tell me how to install this mod in detail?

thx

Ratfield

Hello. Does anyone play online with this mod? I found few servers on Six Updater but they're empty.

Can someone please tell me how to install this mod in detail?

thx

Ratfield

wel the same as you would any other mod (try google it can find things as installing mods for arma 2 / OA / steam version or no steam )

copy the mod files in to a folder as followed

drive: (A: B: C: D: or E: etc.) \....\arma2\@unsung\addons. --> files to be placed in this folder

good luck

Any chance there will be a patch or updated full download that includes all the updates made over the past several months? Sorting through the uploads at armanam.com and comparing file dates gets to be quite a pain and has turned a lot of the folks I know off until a convenient way to get the latest files is created.

If it's on SixUpdater or some such, then pardon the question, but many of us quit using SixUpdater because of how complicated it can be as well.

I'd like to continue working on an Unsung version of Warfare but have been too lazy to try and get all the latest files myself since my last reformat.

Any chance there will be a patch or updated full download that includes all the updates made over the past several months?

There has only been one update since we released RC2 on the 02-04-2011.

The link is on the front page of this thread.

At this stage it appears the unsung team have taken a break from editing apart from maybe one or two members. I don't foresee any other major releases anytime soon since many of us have other RL commitments to attend to.

Hi, I've been scouting all over for SP missions to use with your mods, but not able to locate them...even tried Armaholic....

Someone pls post me a link?

Thx

does this mod have a decent sized mp community. id like to try it but would be interested to hear if many people use it online?

does it have a lot of single player content?

How do i use the Art on vehicles etc, i just get " Picture (ex.)"\uns_m113\data\chicken_co.paa." not found"

Do i need to place the pictures somwhere?

Edit: Nvm, i got it now!

Edited by GqchatarN

who made the sound fx of the weapons? seriously THEY SUCKS!!!

Nice mod anyway

How in the world do you change the faces of the SF and LRRPs? Nothing works and they all have the same faces D;

Hi everyone and thanks for this amazing mod.The only problem I have is big loading times.

As I saw in previous posts you have to add command line parameters : -exThreads=0 .The problem is that I use the ARMA 2 launcher 3.1.1 for the mods I want to use.Is there any other way to fix this problem?Because the shortcuts system doesn't work for me.Thanks in advance.

options tab, additional commandline parameters box

type

-exThreads=0

options tab, additional commandline parameters box

type

-exThreads=0

Thank you very much!!!!Will that change have any impact at the core game?