Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Thank you very much!!!!Will that change have any impact at the core game?

It will now load and run smoothly

I have to agree with Spet, I'm not very keen on the damn "ping" sounds.

They were good at the time however, I have made new ones for the m16 and m60...

You can hear the M60 open up at 13secs

nKK6rhE83Fc

Yeah, sorry for that complain, but I was being very honest :p

We are enjoying this mod, nice update!

How in the world do you change the faces of the SF and LRRPs? Nothing works and they all have the same faces D;

bump!

Hi,

New to this mod - liking it a lot! I have a question which I have been unable to find the answer to in the docs or by searching this thread...

The manual has an index for NVA Aircraft, but no aircraft listed. I have trawled the configs and I can't find any enemy aircraft. Are there any?

If not I think there's a MIG-21 somewhere I have seen before I can use in my mission.

It's a very good mod but in desperate need of well made missions. Operation Lowlands is great but unfortunately only singleplayer. It would be awesome if someone could make more RP-type missions like Operation Lowlands, perhaps one playing as the VC? I can just imagine it now, looking around for US patrols to ambush while trying to stay hidden from choppers going overhead. It would be very atmospheric.

Hi,

New to this mod - liking it a lot! I have a question which I have been unable to find the answer to in the docs or by searching this thread...

The manual has an index for NVA Aircraft, but no aircraft listed. I have trawled the configs and I can't find any enemy aircraft. Are there any?

Ummm no not yet, the manual was designed to give the community an insight into what we had planned for the future. However, Yac is working on mig 17 fresco and should be making an appearance in the next release patch.

Don't know how far that is off so don't ask :)

How in the world do you change the faces of the SF and LRRPs? Nothing works and they all have the same faces D;

Not sure on that one , check over at www.armanam.com the guys might be able to help.

Don't know how far that is off so don't ask :)

Cool - thanks for the response - just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. And don't worry, I know what happens to people who ask !

Hey, I installed the new patch but the M16 still sounds a bit... funky? Does anyone know of any decent M16 sound mods?

Also, after installing unsung, it is running a little glitchy. Is the only way to fix that to reduce graphics settings or what? I'm running the all on high.

Cheers!

(Great mod by the way. Lovin' it!)

EDIT: Also I saw a video on SGT. Savage's YouTube (

) that had voice acting and acces to radio, what mods were used with unsung to achieve all this? Or was that just the beta version? Edited by Diggdydog

When is the new patch slated for release?

Id imagine when its done :)

Hey, I installed the new patch but the M16 still sounds a bit... funky? Does anyone know of any decent M16 sound mods?

Also, after installing unsung, it is running a little glitchy. Is the only way to fix that to reduce graphics settings or what? I'm running the all on high.

Cheers!

(Great mod by the way. Lovin' it!)

EDIT: Also I saw a video on SGT. Savage's YouTube (

) that had voice acting and acces to radio, what mods were used with unsung to achieve all this? Or was that just the beta version?

Answers to your questions.

1/ New sounds for some of the weaponry has been redone and is still unreleased, the m60 , m16 and rpd have been reworked and will be available in the next patch.

2/ In relation to your "glitchy" problem use some fog to compensate your not going to get excellent FPS with such dense foliage on screen....

3/ Regrading the chatter you hear in my video was an early version of our DSAI module wolfrug and I were working on. However, it is WIP and still has not been implemented or released,still needs a lot of work.

When is the new patch slated for release?

Look 5 posts back you will find your answer :P

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Super helpful of you broseph. People tend to avoid the Arma 2 community because of comments like that. You don't have to baby people, but if you're not willing to help new users into the community don't bother responding. Not everyone has the time to create their own campaign.

this vid was posted on MP.net, but since it's soooo superb it must me posted here too:

EnGKw6kmvrk&fmt=18

for mod need campaing

PGI is working on a campaign for our mod, not sure what island it is based on as yet.Hopefully, it will make it into the next patch.

Yac has already got his new mig17c fresco in game, here's a screenie he posted in our internal forums..

yacmig17c.jpg

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

@SGT_SAVAGE:

Looking forward to the new patch then if it features some new sounds for the M60 and M16 (I thought the RPK was alright though).

Yeah I learnt that the best way to increase my FPS was to turn down some settings, reduce the view distance (With the dense foliage you can barely notice the 'fog' in the background) and odly only have blood on low...

Well that DSAI module looks brilliant! That's my least favorite thing about Arma 2 is that I sometimes feel that it completely lacks any character. I'll be involved in a huge battle with my squad and they're all just fighting in silence apart from the occasional "Got one." in a really flat mono-tone. I find it even worse on helicopter journeys when everybody is just say in silence. Then just as you land you get the bizzare sound of the squad leader saying "All DISEMBARK!" in various wacky tones. Look forward to your mod making Arma considerably more interesting!

Any knowledge on servers that regularly host Unsung? I've been looking to play some coop or something but haven't seen anyone hosting.

Keep an eye out for my server ^BOB^ Killzone. We dont run Unsung all of the time, we switch between ACE/Unsung/Invasion44.

Server is UK based, our games are generally in the evenings 1900+ GMT

mod will not die if the campaign can play in the editor, and then get bored, and all the mod umret.Add new models of equipment that does not help.

mod will not die if the campaign can play in the editor, and then get bored, and all the mod umret.Add new models of equipment that does not help.

You are entitled to your opinion.However, I disagree. New models and equipment are always a welcomed addition to any mod.

Regarding our mod dying well let me say if you look back over the 7+ years this team has been together well I don't see it kicking the bucket any time soon.

You also must understand Andy, creating campaigns and missions takes time, considering our missions guy is taking a break, along with a few other key members of the team who have other commitments at the moment.

Again there is a campaign in the works and is slated for release in our next patch.

keep it up. I love the Vietnam Era so it's always welcomed for me? Any chance of collaborating with VTE? It'd be nice to have 1 joint Vietnam Mod.

You are entitled to your opinion.However, I disagree. New models and equipment are always a welcomed addition to any mod.

Regarding our mod dying well let me say if you look back over the 7+ years this team has been together well I don't see it kicking the bucket any time soon.

You also must understand Andy, creating campaigns and missions takes time, considering our missions guy is taking a break, along with a few other key members of the team who have other commitments at the moment.

Again there is a campaign in the works and is slated for release in our next patch.

there is now clear that the campaign is being developed