Sign in to follow this  
sgt_savage

The Unsung MOD (Vietnam War) Arma 2 Release

Erm i think the above is someone just requesting things to be included in an update. Not an actual release list.....

This addon in a large update should include

Hehe yup looks more like a request than anything! Though that does seem a lot for what they have right now. More so would make the release a -lot- longer off due to having to make most of the things mentioned, meaning it would put off a real update for quite a few months. I feel contempt with what they will bring when they're ready imo ^^

Great list chaingunfighter when can you start ?? :D

No its not an official list of the our next release .Unless that is we have at least two or three new model makers on hand :P

We are still looking for some config writers and scripters if anyone is interested, We have just recieved 2 new mission makers so we can start work on a campaign finally :)

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

Add to this list yet ATAT and ATST from the forces of the Empire :D

@Chaingunfighter

Well sometimes dream my friend - but most of what you wrote is not and will not be ;)

Hey man, I was wondering. If this isn't you know, copyrights or something.

But I just LOVE the M16 sound in the game, and I'd wanna have it whilst playing the M16 in Arma2, is this possible? Just like another sound mod?

My unit doesn't play Unsung, but I sure can't get enough of that M16 -_- <3

Yeah, everyone, I am not a part of the Unsung team or any afflitiation with them, at all.

But I would love to see some of this stuff added (Especially the CH-54 Tarhe and the Aircraft for NVA) and if it ever comes I will thank you to the bottom of my heart and back and then again 50000 times.

---------- Post added at 03:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:18 PM ----------

Add to this list yet ATAT and ATST from the forces of the Empire :D

@Chaingunfighter

Well sometimes dream my friend - but most of what you wrote is not and will not be ;)

Yeah I just would love this to be like a full experience of Vietnam, it's one of my hugest facinations of war (Alongside WWII and the Revolutionary war plus many others) and for Arma 2 having alot of capabilities is what really fits in.

Also I like how you said MOST, that means it's completely possible some (if I'm lucky most) of this will happen.

Also Woods is awesome :) Nice avatar.

great news chaingunfighter.

large and hard addons.............. in list have you think to include a patrol boat river (pbr mark II) and some kind of sampan?.

For sea and river battle for me should be very nice.

bye and tha:bounce3:nks.

PBR II ready on 90% :P and sampans too

this is the best new of the week.........many thanks to all the grunts that works on this (and other) updates and addons.

ARMA FOREVER...........:yay:

Im SO looking forward to the next update for this mod.

This, i44 and the 1.60 patch :yay:

Fingers crossed that the noBlur and ACRE mods catch up too!

Hey man, I was wondering. If this isn't you know, copyrights or something.

But I just LOVE the M16 sound in the game, and I'd wanna have it whilst playing the M16 in Arma2, is this possible? Just like another sound mod?

My unit doesn't play Unsung, but I sure can't get enough of that M16 -_- <3

Umm , if you really want that sound use it , our next release will replace it anyway..to a much better one... have a look a few pages back here.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=108476&page=113

Oh BTW I have been quite busy replacing our weapon sounds to more realistic ones

I will post a video soon for ya all.....

We are still looking for a master configger and scripter for 2 small jobs, PM me if you can help out..

Sav

Hello again!

As I am a Leveldesigner I just wonder if you guys will have a " Battle of Hue" Urban town? Ruins? or somthing like that? Custom buildings would be awsome!?

You just need to watch the end of the movie Full Metal Jacket then you know what I mean. Or go play Battlefield Vietnam Hue maps.

Large Urban Combat in Vietnam will be somthing very very new to the Arma2co community!

Good luck!

Forgot to mention, if you guys ever want any graphics for the unsung mod, just give me a shout. Can get some screenshots and create graphics for it easily.

Hey i ran into a little problem more a big one but it seems that when im in the field of uns_lowlands my UH-1 transport gets shot down by the green hornet team for no reason and since the Opfor had no AA or AT or air vehicles it was friendly fire and at first i thought they did it on accident til i decided to spawn a m113 and a huey in different groups and they started to fight for no absolute reason i dont know if this is my AI or just the mod but just to let ya know

Another aircraft/ordinance suggestion: Obviously more default loadouts for the A1 & F-100 would be nice, but I have another. "Duplicate" loadouts, using "different" types of the same ordinance.

Currently in the mod you have Mk81s & Mk82s that inherit from bombcore, and also types of the same weapon inheriting from laserbombcore. The F-100 has the "laserguided" model by default, as is the A-1s napalm.

Those inheriting from laserbombcore will *NOT* be used against infantry by AI pilots. Period. The only way they will do so is if you have a laser designator, insert laser targets via script, or script the drop itself. Those inheriting from bombcore will drop against infantry. For Vietnam CAS, the latter is often desirable.

I did a lot of testing with this using the F-100 & A-1 on Ia Drang, @ that Northern camp, with ~200 NVA on the airstrip, ~60 US troops in the base, and many manually set loadout variations on the aircraft. The default set, they never once dropped a bomb. If I manually added the bombcore Mk-81s or 82s, would get lots of fireworks. Same with the A-1 & napalm, using the stock load, and the manually inserted "bombcore" version of napalm, same results. Default, never dropped. Bombcore version, break out the beer because it's BBQ time. :) Only when I used a laser designator would the stock loadouts be used.

At the least, it would require minimal effort from the mod team: all the weapons, magazines and launchers are already in the uns_weap.pbo, so just a matter of making the "extra" aircraft using those weapons. Then in the editor one can choose an aircraft using either type of bomb, as fits the particular mission.

Edited by Baron von Beer

Well somthing I really miss is a server with players on.

Everytime I want to play this mod there is no servers at all!!

And IF there is a server up it only has 1- 3 players on it.

So that is somthing you gus should think of how it should change, face the fact as boring and sad it is, there is almost no public servers out there with any players . . . how come and what can be done? Does not players like this mod or what?

The mods that always have players are 1. Project Reallity 2. Zarani Life 3. ACE 4. INV44 5. Others.

Unsung vietnam mod is never to be seen.

This is a problem that need to be fixed in some kind of way.

Ask your self the question " What can we do to make players want to play our mod" ?

This is not a easy task, you can never force players to like your mod or so.

I whish you all good luck on this path to get players.

I want to play your mod online with other players but never can.

new map with less lag would work. this is over the amount of trees there is, need to find a fine balance to make it work.

Edit, sry if i sound bit harsh, this mod is epic but the maps are to lagy, people what to play arma with very high graphics, its not possible with the maps at this time. it will work you guys need to find the blance to make it work, hope you guys all the best,

Edited by baz44331

Hello again!

As I am a Leveldesigner I just wonder if you guys will have a " Battle of Hue" Urban town? Ruins? or somthing like that? Custom buildings would be awsome!?

You just need to watch the end of the movie Full Metal Jacket then you know what I mean. Or go play Battlefield Vietnam Hue maps.

Large Urban Combat in Vietnam will be somthing very very new to the Arma2co community!

Good luck!

The battle of Hue is close to most of the members hearts , we would like to one day touch on this AO. Sadly, there is a lack of motivated and talented people available to help our already stretched model team so I don't think we will be visiting it anytime soon.

I fully agree an urban style Vietnam map would be really kick ass :)

new map with less lag would work. this is over the amount of trees there is, need to find a fine balance to make it work.

Edit, sry if i sound bit harsh, this mod is epic but the maps are to lagy, people what to play arma with very high graphics, its not possible with the maps at this time. it will work you guys need to find the blance to make it work, hope you guys all the best,

Its not harsh its constructive criticism that's OK :) regarding the battles yes everyone wants very high graphics but there has to be a trade off somewhere... However we will continue to work on it to find a balance. Its very hard to recreate a dense forest like map with good FPS... I think a lot of the lag maybe something to do with our units we are looking into it.

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE

I know one guy who pulled it off with jungle maps its not released yet but he did it with two maps and it works perfect. ill have a chat with him and ask him to give you some advice. its a good and fine balance. and looks epic,

Unsung mod is still a great experience....

i missed MP Servers like Mr Pedersen too , but my real home is the Mission Editor.

Worked out some cool stuff with the script version of DAC in combination with AI FIRST AID SUPPORT.

At this moment the mission Features

AI that can call Ground Support

AI that can call Artillery

Random placed Traps all over the Area

AI that pull aside wounded teammates and render first aid them

AI Smoke grenades

Player can call in Artillery

Player can call in Ground Support (Supporting AI troops when close)

Player can call in Helo Transport

Custom Radio Sounds for Artillery calling, screaming , Reinforcment Calls ... ... ...

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/84/84184/6361343039633137.jpg >100kb

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/84/84184/3266633662333139.jpg >100kb

6434313936313333.jpg

Edited by Foxhound
Do not hotlink images over 100kb!!

Ok guys very quick update , We have just received new recruits to the team and work on release 2.5 continues...I know we initially said a few weeks for but alas Murphy's law :p the more you look for things the more you find things broken.

We always tend to take our time between releases however, with our track record you can all guarantee we will get it out.

This time around we are focusing on what didn't make it into the last release and fixing bugs etc.

There is talk a new island in the works , I don't have the details as yet ;)

We are still looking for someone to fix some issues in our configs , again if anyone can help please PM Me

Sav

Edited by SGT_SAVAGE