Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

Female Soldier (beta wip)

this is good for the hearts and minds work in takistan :)

thnx Schnap!

No disparaging comments from here.

phew! i thought i was the only one thinking that.

i really like how they look already. as some pointed out the difference isn't really obvious under full body armor. and i don't think it's worth the effort. there have been several reports about distortion of the body if u change the original shape too much. same reason why there aren't small skinny vietcong yet...i think.

Nice one but...

tits ... we need tits!

Like that honey from ArmA1 AAN has.

Nah, you don't see such things in dress uniform, in fact the only way to know if the soldier is a female is by facial features, body structure (we're not talking breasts) and voice.

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo_StoryLevel/080309/g-cvr-080309-brown--8a.widec.jpg

http://newsblaze.com/pix/2006/0401/pix/female-soldier.jpg

http://zeldalily.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/female-soldier-in-flower-field.jpg

http://www.shotaddict.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/03/04.JPG

http://images.starlounge.com/slideshows-2/mary3.jpg

http://api.ning.com/files/h-Z9hSNEhWD46WWUwNOyVtnTMYB*0t*xwHqoHB6K3SJeMfIC-O9AjSPJY7Kl-Y6VvJYBLqm8mXcNhVaes9dfUmTIEvia*5SA/soldier.jpg

http://www.windsofchange.net/images/PERS_Zalkovsky_Iraq_lg.jpg tits? what tits good sir.

Great looking models, very glad that you didn't feel the need to enlarge the chest area, a very nice thing to see. Do you plan on adding more equipment such as helmets and what have you? Judging from those pictures the mesh doesn't really look like it needs any beefing up in the arms..

Edited by NodUnit

Love the attention to detail, particularly in the voices. Even the holding-breath sound-effects have been changed.

Best female soldier models yet, imo.

This looks great...just what arma needed to enhance the 'ambiance' more! Are there gonna be any female voices to go along with it?

Only with Armaholic down for three days now i would realy love a mirror sinds your rapidshare account is over its quota!.....o i just got lucky :yay:

Ill give more feedbakc after i tested it and find something usefull to report back :)

Hope you dont mind but i made another mirrow for you at :

Mirror OA_Females : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S7VHHNO6

Are there gonna be any female voices to go along with it?

Yes, they have female voices.

Look great.

Will you release ArmA2 standalone verion too?

Please :D

Look great.

Will you release ArmA2 standalone verion too?

Please :D

I'm afraid that's legally impossible, since he used OA models as base.

Wow, do they give blow jobs in Porta potties to black dudes like most Army chicks that are deployed?

Best thing I ever saw on a porta pottie wall. In Kuwait

"Remember ladies, your only a plane ride away from ugly"

Haha, so tru of Army chicks

How dare you comment things like that? I belive that you are or 12 year old or an immature fatass sitting in front of a computer. I am not going to judge the latest wars of US but I personnaly knew 2 girls 1 black 1 white that got killed in Iraq. Your commnet so retarted you shitload shithead. Fuck of. You make commnets like that cause ur a pussy you would never go to a warzone cause u d shit your pants. fuck off

You make commnets like that cause ur a pussy you would never go to a warzone cause u d shit your pants. fuck off

Would you go to a warzone? :rolleyes:

Nah, you don't see such things in dress uniform, in fact the only way to know if the soldier is a female is by facial features, body structure (we're not talking breasts) and voice.

Great looking models, very glad that you didn't feel the need to enlarge the chest area, a very nice thing to see. Do you plan on adding more equipment such as helmets and what have you? Judging from those pictures the mesh doesn't really look like it needs any beefing up in the arms..

I second this.

Great job!

The amount of immature posters in this thread is disappointing. You know those skin tight cat suits or sports bra + shorts combos stereotypical, token hard ass women wear in movies/video games would not protect them against jack shit let alone bullets and shrapnel so I don't see why you guys are surprised women soldiers IRL do not run around in cleavage revealing clothes.

Edited by BlackLord

Nicely stated BlackLord.

Let's leave the hormone issues and name-calling elsewhere and just focus on the technical merits of this addon.

The problem is this, they are US Army soldiers. I was a Infantryman for 8 years in the US Army, what good are these female soldiers for? To decorate a FOB? To have some really cool cooks or mechanics running around on your missions.?

I am a big believer in just don't download what you don't use but and I won't download these, but maybe some female soldiers from a country that has females in front line units would be alot better. Israel is a good example. Chicks in the US Army are ussually just occupying a uniform and little else

I'm afraid that's legally impossible, since he used OA models as base.

I had no idea :(

Great model anyway.

Wonderful addon !! :yay: :yay:

At last, a woman character !! Dear Schnapsdrosel, you have no idea how great I found your work, and my wife even more !! ;) She was fed up to hear a male voice when she played. You finally change that !

I tested an "addbackpack" command on your character, it works but no backpack can be seen on her back. I suppose you kown this "bug" ?? I suppose it's a "gap" in the memory LOD or something similar ?? (addon creation isn't my speciality...)

Anyway, again, thank you very much for this great work !!

The problem is this, they are US Army soldiers. I was a Infantryman for 8 years in the US Army, what good are these female soldiers for? To decorate a FOB? To have some really cool cooks or mechanics running around on your missions.?

I am a big believer in just don't download what you don't use but and I won't download these, but maybe some female soldiers from a country that has females in front line units would be alot better. Israel is a good example. Chicks in the US Army are ussually just occupying a uniform and little else

Just because we don't know about them doesnt mean they aren't there, and there have been reports of women fighting ont he front lines, in the end it's still a game and we don't really need a "realistic" reason to add things such as community content. Afterall if we can have sci-fi, why not female soldiers regardless nationality?

Every time the topic of female soldiers has come up the most point blank reason has been 'because nobody has made them', well now we have some and do we really want to discourage it?

Edited by NodUnit

Women fight in Iraq (at least in US and Polish forces), so I don't see any reason why shouldn't they be in Takistan. I'm going to get this as soon as I get OA. IMHO, BIS should have included fermale soldiers from the start (though I'm unsure what USMC allows women to do, so not including them in ArmA II may be more realistic).

Great! Somebody to drive supply vehicles and fill out paperwork! Just kidding, mate. No childish or sexist comments here. ;)

Good work, Schnapsdrosel, as always! :D

Edited by Laqueesha

Some of the negativity about these units is surprising on a forum like this.

I can think of any number of plausible scenarios to place these female soldiers in: eg rescue (female) crew from a shot down chopper; ambushed supply convoy; defend FOB from large enemy attack; etc. You do realise you can set the date to be 2020, or some other future time when females may have acknowledged ground combat roles.

Women fight in Iraq (at least in US and Polish forces), so I don't see any reason why shouldn't they be in Takistan. I'm going to get this as soon as I get OA. IMHO, BIS should have included fermale soldiers from the start (though I'm unsure what USMC allows women to do, so not including them in ArmA II may be more realistic).

Well it's a bit different for them, as a company BIS has to deal with morality issues, no women or children, some say MOW2's terrorist mission was pushing it, this is also why you never see a campaign from the 'enemy' point of view. The irony here is that you can have protistutes in games such as grand theft auto and in older games have sex with them and kill them for cash BUT the moment a FEMALE SOLDIER comes into the mix suddenly 'morality' comes into the mix.

Great! Somebody to drive supply vehicles and fill out paperwork! Just kidding, mate. No childish or sexist comments here. ;)

Good work, SchnapsdroSel, as always! :D

Maybe she can pilot my apache sometime http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2982256987_aa981da8d4.jpg actually there seem to be a number of female pilots.

Edited by NodUnit

Maybe she can pilot my apache sometime :D http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3196/2982256987_aa981da8d4.jpg actually there seem to be a number of female pilots especially apache.

I knew somebody whose daughter was an Apache pilot in the U.S. Army. Anyway, Schnaps says this is WIP so I think we'll see some pilots soon.

Schnaps, in the Armory, the female soldier is listed as male and the female soldiers are addressed as sir, this may be related to the former error. Also, some animations, such as the drag-wounded animation are a bit off. The faces look very deformed from a short distance away (sometimes the entire unit is invisible) and the USA flag and TF Knight patches are on the wrong sides. Whilist, aiming down the sights, the head sometimes shows. This is just a heads up, mate. Keep up the good work! ;)

Edited by Laqueesha