Sign in to follow this  
schnapsdrosel

Female Soldier (beta wip)

Some suggestions, add a backpack/rucksack to the Medic/Corpsman, the same type of backpack/rucksack used by the default Medics/Corpsmen, for uniformity's sake. A light/officer unit for the USA/USMC in just a uniform and hat with no helmet and combat gear would nice.

Also, could you have the US Army units have M16s and M4s instead of SCARs?

It would also be interesting to see some units for more factions, like Germany, the Czech Republic, CDF, UN, Russia, Guerillas, Takistan, and Insurgents, etc. ;)

Great work.

Any chance you can add a lady pilot minus helmet?

I believe there is already one, if I'm not mistaken.

Edited by Laqueesha

Is there any way to access the voice(s) in the profile editor? I can't seems to be able to even set it through scripts either.

Good job on this i'm just thinking that unless we can assign the proper voice too there won't be a lot of servers offering this option.

Edited by DieAngel

Hi, sadly this units don't work on the ArmA2 v1.10 alone. Let's C ya

Are you sure???

Damn this sucks it's probably the only mod i ever really wanted.

I think you need the females from OA to be present, fo an A2 install simply cant do it.

I thought I'd revisit this great addon and it seems that with recent (>1.59) OA, the head models are quite distorted around the eyes. Looks like the eyelids are distorted or missing.

eyesub.jpg

I have to put dark sunglasses on them otherwise it seems I have an enraged female with me at all times. Just like being married...

The same female head looks normal in A2.

Schnapps are you still working on this addon?

I have to put dark sunglasses on them otherwise it seems I have an enraged female with me at all times. Just like being married...

LOL :p

cant see why you don't have OA, its not that expensive. :confused:

It's strange. I also use Arma 2 1.10 and this great addon - all, except for the lack of women's voices, is all right.

OA maybe isn't so expensive but for some people still is too expensive. Sad, but true.

I'm extremely sorry that I'm digging up this old thread again, but I ran into some problems when installing this mod. I also asked around at a youtube video of someone who was using the mod and he directed me here.

I have Arma II: Combined Operations, just got it today (which may/may not be part of the problem - I'm a noob).

I installed the mod in the game folder in a folder called @femalemod, with the folders "AddOn" and "Server Key" inside. I have successfully gotten Arma II to access the mod. I've tried out both editing the shortcut to -mod=@femalemod and using a program called ArmaLauncher to access the mod. That part worked!

Here is the problem:

I had the bb_a2_female (+bisign) and the bb_ao_female (+bisign) in that AddOn folder. After clicking on the shortcut, I got an error message telling me that the mod requires an addon called CA_E. Then the game launched and presented me with another message, which was roughly this: No entry:bin\config.bin/blablavehicles/***US_baseblabla.scope. No idea what that is. The game found all of the mods, but I can only use the ones from the bb_a2_female data. The others show up as well, but without any textures (and I get an error message about those textures). If I click on the males below the females from bb_a2_female the game crashes.

Running the mod via ArmaLauncher didn't help. Same error messages.

I've tried around a bit and removing the bb_ao_female from the same directory as the bb_a2_female does solve all of the error messages. However, I still can't change the voices to female voices (they just don't show up in the menu) and I'd really like to use the female faces from the bb_ao_female data.

Which brings me to my questions:

Where do I put the bb_ao_female (+bisign) file so that it will work?

Why are the voices not working? (If I understood Schnapsdrossel's posts correctly, they ought to work in my version.)

I hope I'm not a total idiot for asking these questions. But please help me!

In case it helps, I can post a screenshot of my Arma 2 folder later. It's my first post so I'm not allowed to do it yet.

Well, so it seems to be obvious that the game is indeed loading the addon (due to the error messages). I think you should remove the bb_a2_female files and leave the 2 oa version files in the addon folder.

If there's still an error massage shown try adding -mod=ca;ca_e to your arma2 shortcut. But with combined operations properly installed that shouldn't be necessary. So make sure that the installation is complete and patched to latest version.

Well, so it seems to be obvious that the game is indeed loading the addon (due to the error messages). I think you should remove the bb_a2_female files and leave the 2 oa version files in the addon folder.

If there's still an error massage shown try adding -mod=ca;ca_e to your arma2 shortcut. But with combined operations properly installed that shouldn't be necessary. So make sure that the installation is complete and patched to latest version.

Thank you for taking the time to help me.

I've downloaded the latest patchs and the good news is, another mod (the dayz one) works now, which it didn't do before.

I've tried your suggestion, but unfortunately it didn't help. The bb_oa_female files only work in Operation Arrowhead, but I can still only select male voices.

If I only keep the bb_a2_female files in the Addon folder, I can use the mod in both games, but I also can't select female voices.

Once again, having both files in the Addon folder together will cause error messages in Arma 2. They only work together in Operation Arrowhead.

Any other ideas?

Just tried it. I have put the 2 bb_oa_female files in an mod addons folder and it's worked without any problems. What happens if you put the 2 files directly into the game's addons folder? It should not matter if you got oa or co version. I have got combined operations myself.

I have problem with female voice, too...when I select no voice I have this message No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoiceTypes/BB_no_voice.preview.

RPT file:

Updating base class ->SoldierWB, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/USMC_Soldier_Base/

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoiceTypes/BB_no_voice.alternative'.

Warning Message: '/' is not a value

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoiceTypes/BB_no_voice.preview'.

Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVoiceTypes/BB_no_voice.alternative'.

Edited by Horus

Great work with the mod so far. Would it be possible to add proper non-military female units, like civilians, CIA, contractors, police, etc. who could handle weapons like any other unit in arma 2?

In my case the mod is not working. I installed the mod on my srv and add the key-file. If I connect to the server, I am going to get kicked because of missing key-files.

Edit: ...OK, fixed, the key-file was corrupted :/

Edited by kraZey

Really like the Mod..is this availible on six updater? we use six to install mods and I dont want to mess anything up by manually installing this..is their a tutorial on where to place the files for CO?

Thanks

JC

Really like the Mod..is this availible on six updater? we use six to install mods and I dont want to mess anything up by manually installing this..is their a tutorial on where to place the files for CO?

Thanks

JC

Try this: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18