Robalo, great work indeed, that is a little shame, that we need almost 3 years to have god AI in arma 2, and we get it from modders but anyway thanks for you work !!;) And I got a question - do you planning to convert your AI to iron front ?? It will be awesome :)

Robalo, great work indeed, that is a little shame, that we need almost 3 years to have god AI in arma 2, and we get it from modders but anyway thanks for you work !!;) And I got a question - do you planning to convert your AI to iron front ?? It will be awesome :)

It might already be compatible. I have no idea because I don't have IF. But you can set up the userconfig with required soldier classes for skills, weapons for rearming etc.

Ya we use SU web on our dedicated box and always process userconfigs. I might have forgot to do it.

However even before this recent issue Robalo ASR_AI has been eventually causing interaction at all levels to fail. We thought it was just the mission but the issue has stopped since removing ASR_AI. We will continue to test without it and see however if the issue reappears. If not we will add ASR_AI back on with the updated config. Thank you much!

Never not used ASR_AI( from A1, or GR for that matter). No issues with our AlphaSquad server and Robs AI/ACE/MSO/RH..etc etc..

Hi Robalo

Had a chance for a quick bash with the latest asr_ai, the latest beta, & the latest (PBO version) of -Coulum_ & tpw's suppression script.

Brilliant improvement to firefights, the AI stance changes are excellent, & when firing starts the suppression kicks in perfectly. MG & AR units seem to fire better too - more accurate, which is nicely synergistic with the suppression script.

No conflicts that I can see, nothing in the RPT.

Excellent work; again, thank you very much for this indispensible addon.

@Orcinus: Which version of the suppression script are you using with ASR_AI - Basic, Light, or Full?

Edit: oops, nvm - you said you were using the pbo, not the scripts.

Dont know if this is an issue or if its been sorted but i get this in my rpt with 1.15

Error in expression <) select 1; ;
if (unitRecoilCoefficient _unit != _coef) then {
_unit setUnitReco>
 Error position: <_unit != _coef) then {
_unit setUnitReco>
 Error Missing )
File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_setUnitRecoil.sqf, line 4
_unit setUnitReco>
_unit setUnitReco>
 Error Missing )

what is the best configurations in the script to do to get the best results of smarter ai and better firefights? Thanks

Edited by bravo409

Hey Robalo - it would be nice if TPW suppression was integrated into ASR AI. It's like they are made for each other.

No please, it's not so good idea. Modular is best. If you add more and more features you end up in performance issues like the other AI mods.

I think as long as there is no conflict between the mods then that is the best we can get.

Hey Robalo - it would be nice if TPW suppression was integrated into ASR AI. It's like they are made for each other.

tpw & -Coulum- developed the suppression mod with the avoidance of conflicts with asr_ai in their minds.

I agree with TeilX & Kremator.

On another point - I too think the AI is more accurate with v1.15. Doesn't surprise me; wasn't one purpose in the changes to improve the shooting with MGs, sniper rifles, etc?

Dont know if this is an issue or if its been sorted but i get this in my rpt with 1.15

_unit setUnitReco>
_unit setUnitReco>
 Error Missing )
File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_setUnitRecoil.sqf, line 4
_unit setUnitReco>
_unit setUnitReco>
 Error Missing )

Fixed for next version. It's an issue with not having the beta with the new commands, handled better now (no more errors).

Thanks !

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

tpw & -Coulum- developed the suppression mod with the avoidance of conflicts with asr_ai in their minds.

I agree with TeilX & Kremator.

On another point - I too think the AI is more accurate with v1.15. Doesn't surprise me; wasn't one purpose in the changes to improve the shooting with MGs, sniper rifles, etc?

Also agree.

About accuracy, it's tweaked for next one, will provide new defaults in userconfig so the game feels better balanced against AI and the fighting goes a little longer.

Fixed for next version. It's an issue with not having the beta with the new commands, handled better now (no more errors).

Thanks !

---------- Post added at 18:21 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

Also agree.

About accuracy, it's tweaked for next one, will provide new defaults in userconfig so the game feels better balanced against AI and the fighting goes a little longer.

Cool, thanks Robalo. I did a couple of quick trials (again, latest beta plus TCW/-Coulum-'s suppression PBO) where I dropped all the accuracy & shake values by .05 across the board for insurgents & regular troops; seemed to make gameplay more what it was before the recent updates. There were fewer "you are dead" messages following a black screen (=headshot) yet firefights last longer & demand good tactics.

Great stuff!

I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think I just saw a lot more of lower stances after I started using an updated CBA (the one that needs the 3 folders).

Since Robalo didn't test it with the latest "official" CBA (which is older than the one he is using), and many of us were using that one, I thought I had to mention it. To be honest, I hadn't see lower stances during my testing, now it's a whole new world :).

Updated to 1.15.1. Changes:

Performance optimizations.

Fixed bugs that caused some routines not to run or exit too soon.

All units less accurate by default.

Added debug option for the info sharing in userconfig (set radionet_debug to 1 to log stuff to RPT).

Fixed errors for users without betas.

Fixed a bug that caused the game to break with an out of date userconfig.

Added warning when player needs to update the userconfig.

Unit skill assignments moved to the main loop instead of init EHs. Every unit gets

set a "asr_ai_sys_siskill_configured" variable to true after it receives the new skills.

Updated to 1.15.1. Changes:

Performance optimizations.

Fixed bugs that caused some routines not to run or exit too soon.

All units less accurate by default.

Added debug option for the info sharing in userconfig (set radionet_debug to 1 to log stuff to RPT).

Fixed errors for users without betas.

Fixed a bug that caused the game to break with an out of date userconfig.

Added warning when player needs to update the userconfig.

Unit skill assignments moved to the main loop instead of init EHs. Every unit gets

set a "asr_ai_sys_siskill_configured" variable to true after it receives the new skills.

great news. Thank you.

Because AI now crouches inside buildings it produced some interesting effects. When playing a random editor mission today on Aliabad quickly thrown together I had Takiban (which had a mere "seek and destroy" waypoint 1 km away from their start position) ambushing me from a compound and actually firing at my Warrior (BAF APC) with an RPG from a window. And 2 more times too from high positions (didn't notice exactly from where since I was keeping my head down but there were no takis in between my guys and a compound which means it was either a roof position or a window again). My guys quickly started firing into windows and I saw takis crawling there with AKs. Then they proceeded to sod off as Warrior was rolling closer (I saw one escaping from a doorway and the shooting generally stopped). It was a close call too - 50m ambush.

Quick question Robalo, will the AI stance /MG/sniper be applied to player squad as well?

Quick question Robalo, will the AI stance /MG/sniper be applied to player squad as well?

Yes, if you let them choose automatically (7-9 "Stay Low").

Yes, if you let them choose automatically (7-9 "Stay Low").

Doesn't that option (unreliably) make them mimic the player's stance? :confused2:

Thanks for the update :D

I will try asap (tomorrow) alone & with TPWC suppression.

Doesn't that option (unreliably) make them mimic the player's stance? :confused2:

You'd think so, but it doesn't seem to work that way, it seems to just let AI decide instead.

You'd think so, but it doesn't seem to work that way, it seems to just let AI decide instead.

Ah, thanks, that's really helpful to know. It's a long time (about 3 weeks after I started playing!) since I gave up using it, upon discovering Gib_Copy_My_Stance.

Quick question,

What missions are you playing with asr ai.

As after v1.14.1 it breaks Warfare Benny for me.