Hi Robalo thanks, yes I figured out where I was going wrong, need vehicle classnames as you suggested. I44 config below for anyone interested:

Thanks !

You might want to post it on a file sharing site like pastebin or ge.tt so the formatting isn't lost. Or embed it in a code block here.

Also check 1.15.3_test5 with included I44 skill configs if interested.

This is a great mod, really sorts out the AI, been running it on my server a while and its made for some amazing firefights, the AI seem to use cover better now and the accuracy seems alot less consitent and less robot like which is probs more true to real world combat.

Made a vid of a firefight we had last night on Warfare:

Thanks for this Robalo!

Howdy there!

I admit, I just started to use this mod a few days ago, the main reason for being so reluctant is my fear that it would break too many missions, and it looks like it realy does. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome piece of coding that makes firefights so much more enjoyable and that being said I kinda don't wanna miss this mod again :), but some aspects are not for me I guess. I for one don't want this increased spotting distance. So my question is: Is there a way or which values do I have to enter to give the units the 'vanilla' distance back?

It would be cool to have the mod kick in only in and only for situations where the vanilla AI would engage too. (Sounds a bit weird, I know) so, long story short: can this mod be adjusted to such values? (I don't want to fuzz around too much in the userconfig)

thanks in advance and thanks for making this mod!

You want to have full skill infantry be incapable of spotting running enemies at 250m in the open?

Take a look at the config file for the mod.

The chopper is landing consistently on "Trial By Fire" now, Robalo - looks like your hunch was correct!

Howdy there!

I admit, I just started to use this mod a few days ago, the main reason for being so reluctant is my fear that it would break too many missions, and it looks like it realy does. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome piece of coding that makes firefights so much more enjoyable and that being said I kinda don't wanna miss this mod again :), but some aspects are not for me I guess. I for one don't want this increased spotting distance. So my question is: Is there a way or which values do I have to enter to give the units the 'vanilla' distance back?

It would be cool to have the mod kick in only in and only for situations where the vanilla AI would engage too. (Sounds a bit weird, I know) so, long story short: can this mod be adjusted to such values? (I don't want to fuzz around too much in the userconfig)

thanks in advance and thanks for making this mod!

Breaking too many missions, that's an overstatement. You can try without the config addons, the asr_ai_c_* pbos if you want vanilla configs, then adjust userconfig for the scripted features.

Hello!

Thanks, for your tips, but I'll try to get used to this mod with all its features the firefights and unit behaviour are just to awesome with this. I'm not quite sure if it's related to this mod, but I thought I'd ask if anyone knows whats going on here: When you're in a group of footsoldiers with a vehicle attached to them (noticed this behaviour in the '03 Counterattack' and 'Hike in the hills' missions) your groupleader after a few minutes orders the vehicle crew to disembark and continue on foot, regardless if the vehicles are in perfect condition or not. Can somebody confirm this or is my Arma installation fubar? :D

@FLv*VeNoM*

I haven't seen that using a combination of asr_ai v1.15...test5, TPW_LOS, TPWC_AIS203b, & selected COSLX files (ORC_slx_wounds, ai_dodge, no_autoengage, ai_findcover, netcode & shout). Edit: & slx_cloud.

Re "breaking" missions: I only play SP & I've never seen asr_ai break a mission (it's one of my must-use addons!). I suspect what you mean is that the AI wipes you out? - mission balance does tend to become an issue when AI-improving mods are used. Use the mix I'm testing & you will really need to use tactics, planning, concealment, & cover.

@Robalo: just ran test5 as above but with TPWC_AIS204. Really excellent, thank you! Had the best firefight yet in one of my standard test missions (bboy's "Pinned Down") - ai using buildings, firing from rooves & windows, etc. Also worked really well in Trial by Fire & my port of thomsonb's Flashpoint (v1.14) to Podagorsk.

No auto-orders at all from my unit when leader, no odd transitions just after a unit is killed, no unit aiming at the sky (except when firing at choppers :) )

Edited by Orcinus
Forgot to list a file

I was wondering will asr ai work for say @bb_merc units or ACE_NavySeals units or anything like that or is it strictly us army /Ru

I was wondering will asr ai work for say @bb_merc units or ACE_NavySeals units or anything like that or is it strictly us army /Ru

Works for any units. Worst case the units get lower or higher skills than you'd want, but you can adjust. There mercs are not officially supported (meaning I did not make sure they get proper skills) and neither is ACE_NavySeals (I don't know this addon).

Edited by Robalo

AIUI, you need to add the classnames into asr_ai_settings.hpp - there are clear examples there already, e.g., for the ibr units.

I guess Seals would go under class level_1, no idea about mercs - class level_2? class level_3?

You might find the classnames in Sickboy's config browser on dev-heaven, alternatively just place each of the units in order (singly, not groups, is best IMHO), save, open the mission.sqm in Notepad (better, notepad++) and copy/paste the unit classnames into the appropriate entry in asr_ai_settings.hpp.

Hey I am having trouble with ASR-AI and the way they react to seeing players, whenever they engage a player it takes them absolutely forever to move their arms onto target. I can stand in front of them for a very long time without them reacting to me, also... whenever they fire their weapons a lot of the time the bullets fly all over the place. IDK what the problem is, because I don't run any other mods and it still does this stuff.

Bullets are supposed to fly all over the place, yes?

The AI slow-aiming is a vanilla glitch, and I don't think your post supplies enough information to be helpful.

Bullets are supposed to fly all over the place, yes?

The AI slow-aiming is a vanilla glitch, and I don't think your post supplies enough information to be helpful.

ROFL, if you saw bullets flying directly 90 degrees up and down you'd be feeling foolish for saying that. And the slow aiming wasn't this bad before, I can stand in front of a bot for 30 seconds and more now. I almost believe if Zeus Spotting skills were enabled things may be better for that. But so far I get the impression Zeus and ASR_AI get along about as much as Acid and Alkaline.

Hey I am having trouble with ASR-AI and the way they react to seeing players, whenever they engage a player it takes them absolutely forever to move their arms onto target. I can stand in front of them for a very long time without them reacting to me, also... whenever they fire their weapons a lot of the time the bullets fly all over the place. IDK what the problem is, because I don't run any other mods and it still does this stuff.

Sounds like old version of ASR_AI with low difficulty settings and very low aiming speed settings in userconfig, or perhaps other mod interference. Make sure you have latest version and test without other mods.

The aiming speed was actually increased and the AI is quick and deadly in my tests. Other causes for slowness could be: suppressed by TPWC AIS or units hurt with ACE Wounding module (damage lowers their skills).

Lots of speculation, could've just asked for a ticket but you caught me in a typing mood :)

oh thanks, i might had not got the update... but I am seeing an error... something like fnc_getaiskill i think. Something may be messed up in my settings, and yeah I am using TPWC AI too... as well as ACE. Maybe thats the problem, anyways thanks for the support :)

oh thanks, i might had not got the update... but I am seeing an error... something like fnc_getaiskill i think. Something may be messed up in my settings, and yeah I am using TPWC AI too... as well as ACE. Maybe thats the problem, anyways thanks for the support :)

TPWC AIS works best with Robalo's v1.15.1 with the ..._test5 beta. Make sure you use the latest versions of both, there were 'birdwatching' and 'fly-shooting' (insects, not gonads) problems with some earlier combinations.

Can someone tell me, does ASR do the thing that Zeus used to do where it makes the AI spot you and react much quicker but makes them worse shots to compensate? I'm trying to get rid of that feeling in Arma 2 where the AI seems totally oblivious to your presence while your running around until it spots you at which point it instantly head shots you through a bush. Will this fix that or should I just stick with Zeus even though it's well out of date?

Can someone tell me, does ASR do the thing that Zeus used to do where it makes the AI spot you and react much quicker but makes them worse shots to compensate? I'm trying to get rid of that feeling in Arma 2 where the AI seems totally oblivious to your presence while your running around until it spots you at which point it instantly head shots you through a bush. Will this fix that or should I just stick with Zeus even though it's well out of date?

It does enhance sensors and lower accuracy by default. In addition, you can tweak it to your liking with the userconfig file. You have a lot of control over every skill type the units get.

I've got a question regarding the spotting/engagement range of the AI. I'm using ACE, small parts of COSLX (Dodge, takecover etc.), ASR_AI, TPWC & TPW AI suppression/LOS. ASR_AI is loaded after everything except TPWC/TPW in the modorder. Those are basically the ones that change the AI.

On Chernarus, Komarovo you have a large hill at the west of it. Imagine a couple of squads on the forest on the hill. And a couple of squads in Komarovo and the small bit near the sea. When those squads on the hill went on to the city, right at the moment when they are on the open bit of the hill they start getting fired at by the several squads in town and near the other bit, and they start shooting themselves.

I had my question marks on this, because first of all they just started shooting in the open part, not even taking that much cover. Most of them died straight away. From the hill to Komarovo is about half a kilometer I reckon, is this the normal range to start engaging enemy targets, with an AK-74? The thing is, they start shooting first before even taking cover behind the stone part on that hill. Most of the guys died before even reaching the stone walls. So those two things bother me, the fact that both sides start shooting (town -> hill, hill -> town) half a kilometer from each other. And the hill-party is not even taking cover but just started shooting the moment they spotted enemies.

It had my attention, not sure if this is normal behaviour or not?

I've got a question regarding the spotting/engagement range of the AI. I'm using ACE, small parts of COSLX (Dodge, takecover etc.), ASR_AI, TPWC & TPW AI suppression/LOS. ASR_AI is loaded after everything except TPWC/TPW in the modorder. Those are basically the ones that change the AI.

On Chernarus, Komarovo you have a large hill at the west of it. Imagine a couple of squads on the forest on the hill. And a couple of squads in Komarovo and the small bit near the sea. When those squads on the hill went on to the city, right at the moment when they are on the open bit of the hill they start getting fired at by the several squads in town and near the other bit, and they start shooting themselves.

I had my question marks on this, because first of all they just started shooting in the open part, not even taking that much cover. Most of them died straight away. From the hill to Komarovo is about half a kilometer I reckon, is this the normal range to start engaging enemy targets, with an AK-74? The thing is, they start shooting first before even taking cover behind the stone part on that hill. Most of the guys died before even reaching the stone walls. So those two things bother me, the fact that both sides start shooting (town -> hill, hill -> town) half a kilometer from each other. And the hill-party is not even taking cover but just started shooting the moment they spotted enemies.

It had my attention, not sure if this is normal behaviour or not?

Hi,

First of all, you have a lot of mods and I have no idea how things are supposed to work with this combination.

About taking cover, ASR AI does not have any routines for this, so it's up to the engine or other mods. I'm working on something like this for the next update though. But SLX takecover should do that for you if you're using it.

About engaging with AK74 from 500m, seems perfectly normal to me. If it has a PSO the AI will try to engage as marksmen, taking their time and shooting single precise shots. Otherwise, they will just spray with automatic bursts with non-magnified sights. I would like the AI to do both, seeking cover and responding to getting shot at. I'd like to see your scenario and run it with my current development setup and see what happens exactly.

I'm using ASR_AI along with TPW_SUPPRESSION - for some reason, the suppression addon doesn't work (bulbs stay green and don't change, units unresponsive to fire). Is the problem with ASR or with TPW? Anyone manage to get both working together alright?

Hi,

First of all, you have a lot of mods and I have no idea how things are supposed to work with this combination.

About taking cover, ASR AI does not have any routines for this, so it's up to the engine or other mods. I'm working on something like this for the next update though. But SLX takecover should do that for you if you're using it.

About engaging with AK74 from 500m, seems perfectly normal to me. If it has a PSO the AI will try to engage as marksmen, taking their time and shooting single precise shots. Otherwise, they will just spray with automatic bursts with non-magnified sights. I would like the AI to do both, seeking cover and responding to getting shot at. I'd like to see your scenario and run it with my current development setup and see what happens exactly.

Hmm I see. I just updated my ASR_AI to the latest test version to see what would happen, the same thing kind off happend. I could send my mission, but it probably wouldn't load because of my mods it needs. Not sure though. I basically had 3 squads of Independent Guerilla's starting in the forest at the hill, with 1 move waypoint (line formation) for each near the stone walls. 2 of them then have a Seek & Destroy (Combat mode) on the town, and the other squad near the small harbour. The enemy were 2 squads of OPFOR Insurgents in the town, and two 4-men teams patrolling around the harbour. That's the set-up.

Also, I seem to have lots of numbers now after switching to the test version. Lots of zero's, and changing under fire. I guess there's a way to turn this off? Because I read above that the test version works best for TPW.

edit: Number part has nothing to do with ASR_AI, my bad. Fixed it.

Edited by Georilla

Also, I seem to have lots of numbers now after switching to the test version. Lots of zero's, and changing under fire. I guess there's a way to turn this off? Because I read above that the test version works best for TPW.

Those are debug options, should be able to turn them off in \userconfig\TPWC_AI_SUP\

No problem if your scenario requires mods, my Arma folder is about 90 GB and I have Six Updater in case I'm missing something :D

Those are debug options, should be able to turn them off in \userconfig\TPWC_AI_SUP\

No problem if your scenario requires mods, my Arma folder is about 90 GB and I have Six Updater in case I'm missing something :D

Here it is: http://www.speedyshare.com/H2GqV/download/Test1.rar. It's very basic, but you'll see what happens as soon as they spot each other. The Guerilla get almost always slaughtered on the hill, in my case.