Quick question,

What missions are you playing with asr ai.

As after v1.14.1 it breaks Warfare Benny for me.

This should not break it, or any mission. If it does, please open a ticket and post your .RPT logfile so I can figure out what's up.

Quick question,

What missions are you playing with asr ai.

As after v1.14.1 it breaks Warfare Benny for me.

This should not break it, or any mission. If it does, please open a ticket and post your .RPT logfile so I can figure out what's up.

In my experience the "rejoining loner" feature breaks the squad structure in warfare. BIS warfare that is, and I don't know Benny's edition enough. But by disabling that feature everything is back to normal or actually "much better than normal"!

Thanks Robalo, this mod is state of the art.

I just downloaded 1.15.1 and now I'm getting these errors in the .rpt:

Error in expression < {

if (!canStand _thisunit) then {

if (!isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>

Error position: <isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>

Error Generic error in expression

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet_pf.sqf, line 70

I have about 30,000 of these after roughly 10 minutes of playing - all errors are the same.

In my experience the "rejoining loner" feature breaks the squad structure in warfare. BIS warfare that is, and I don't know Benny's edition enough. But by disabling that feature everything is back to normal or actually "much better than normal"!

Thanks for the tip. The feature is designed so if the unit starts alone it will not join other groups, so I'm still not sure how it breaks. I started a Warfare game for a few minutes and everything seemed to run fine. But it probably needs more time.

---------- Post added at 09:05 ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 ----------

I just downloaded 1.15.1 and now I'm getting these errors in the .rpt:

Error in expression < {

if (!canStand _thisunit) then {

if (!isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>

Error position: <isNil (_thisunit getVariable "asr_nolegs>

Error Generic error in expression

File x\asr_ai\addons\sys_aiskill\fnc_AINet_pf.sqf, line 70

I have about 30,000 of these after roughly 10 minutes of playing - all errors are the same.

I'd check the userconfig for errors, maybe post it somewhere so I can have a look.

Hello Robalo,

i follow your thread recently and i remember your start with the ASR_Ai, all i wanna say is many thanks to you and your outstanding work.

Some time ago i used the great GL4 and the SLX, but today i use only the ASR, because you managed it, that ASR is an "all in one" solution and it works great.

Also the continuing revolution makes it "State of the Art", in my opinion.

Keep up your great work.

Cheers

McLupo

Thanks for the tip. The feature is designed so if the unit starts alone it will not join other groups, so I'm still not sure how it breaks. I started a Warfare game for a few minutes and everything seemed to run fine. But it probably needs more time.

Well, I can help for a turn. In Warfare there is a fixed squad structure; you normally get 8 squads per side, even ai lead squads. When the squad leader gets killed, the next numerical unit in the squad takes over because there is no rank system. When a squad loses all men but one he will be a squad leader and a loner. That's where disaster strikes. When he joins another squad because of your feature his original squad gets annihilated. You can watch that in the teams menu on the map; the entry for that squad will turn to gibberish. Warfare is designed to spawn a new squad at base whenever an ai squad is wiped out or that, under specific conditions, the remaining members of a squad return to base for reinforcements. The join loner feature just takes that last unit out of the game without it dying and the mission code can't handle the situation, the null squad. So whenever this happens you lose a squad in the game that will not repawn ever.

I was thinking about this feature when you first introduced it in v1.14 and thought it could give some "special" results in warfare. I tested it once and then disabled it in the userconfig and everything was ok. That's why I never reported it. It came back to me when I saw xxbbcc's post.

Edited by Guess Who

first off thanks for the great Ai mods your putting out and second, what is the best configurations in the script to do to get the best results of smarter ai and better firefights? Thanks

Default works like a charm.

Goal+Achieved.jpg

Wo-hoo ! Goal achieved :)

Well, I can help for a turn. In Warfare there is a fixed squad structure; you normally get 8 squads per side, even ai lead squads. When the squad leader gets killed, the next numerical unit in the squad takes over because there is no rank system. When a squad loses all men but one he will be a squad leader and a loner. That's where disaster strikes. When he joins another squad because of your feature his original squad gets annihilated. You can watch that in the teams menu on the map; the entry for that squad will turn to gibberish. Warfare is designed to spawn a new squad at base whenever an ai squad is wiped out or that, under specific conditions, the remaining members of a squad return to base for reinforcements. The join loner feature just takes that last unit out of the game without it dying and the mission code can't handle the situation, the null squad. So whenever this happens you lose a squad in the game that will not repawn ever.

I was thinking about this feature when you first introduced it in v1.14 and thought it could give some "special" results in warfare. I tested it once and then disabled it in the userconfig and everything was ok. That's why I never reported it. It came back to me when I saw xxbbcc's post.

My dedi server is running v.1.14.1 on defaults settings and works like a charm.

When we run v1.15 + v.1.15.1 thats when its stopped working for me.

Ive tried turning off 'join loners' makes no difference, the Benny mission still gets broken.

My dedi server is running v.1.14.1 on defaults settings and works like a charm.

When we run v1.15 + v.1.15.1 thats when its stopped working for me.

Ive tried turning off 'join loners' makes no difference, the Benny mission still gets broken.

Have you updated the userconfig file on the server ?

I'd check the userconfig for errors, maybe post it somewhere so I can have a look.

Robalo, here's my config - it's all default except for the red parts:

class sys_airearming {
       feature = 1;        // All the other settings of this class matter only if we have 1 here
       run = 1;            // Enable rearming at mission start
       radius = [color=#ff0000][b]30[/b][/color];        // Rearming search radius - how far will AI go to grab stuff
       civ = 0;            // Civilians will try to arm themselves
       sidearm = [b][color=#ff0000]0[/color][/b];        // Units will take handguns
       binocs = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];         // Units will take binoculars
       ACEmeds[] = {4,1};  // Units will get this many morphine and epi (ACE mod); format: {amountIfMedic,amountIfNotMedic}

Everything else is how it's in your 1.15.1 archive.

Will do a bit later today - I'm at work atm.

kaysio1, xxbbcc,

Please use the tracker here: http://dev-heaven.net/projects/asr-ai/issues

Thanks!

I think Ive got to the bottom of the problem.

I got it to work with Warfare Benny on the dedi server.

Changed these 2 lines,

join_loners = 0;

split_legged = 0;

Its early days to say 100% if its fixed the problem, though the server has been running the last 1hr.

With no problems so far.

Does disabling/enabling AI rearming at the Communication Menu (0-8) was disabled? I cant see the options there anymore

I think Ive got to the bottom of the problem.

I got it to work with Warfare Benny on the dedi server.

Changed these 2 lines,

join_loners = 0;

split_legged = 0;

Its early days to say 100% if its fixed the problem, though the server has been running the last 1hr.

With no problems so far.

Thank you very much. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to detect if the mission is a warfare game so I can apply that config automatically ?

Thank you very much. Does anyone know a quick and easy way to detect if the mission is a warfare game so I can apply that config automatically ?

Maybe you could look for the Warfare Module placed or spawned in a mission? I know Benny's Edition is based on BIS warfare but I don't know how much rewrite he actually did.

Does disabling/enabling AI rearming at the Communication Menu (0-8) was disabled? I cant see the options there anymore

Oops ! By mistake, fixed for next version.

Thanks.

Little update,

I came back onto my server 12hrs later and Benny mission is still working perfect on the Chern map.

Ive now put the map onto Taki, just to confirm everything is ok.

Added this to the server postinit:

// disable some functions when Warfare game detected (BIS or Benny's)
if (!isNil "BIS_WF_Common" || !isNil "WF_Logic") then {
GVAR(join_loners) = 0;
GVAR(split_legged) = 0;
};

Should hopefully do the trick.

Robalo, here's my config - it's all default except for the red parts:

class sys_airearming {
       feature = 1;        // All the other settings of this class matter only if we have 1 here
       run = 1;            // Enable rearming at mission start
       radius = [color=#ff0000][b]30[/b][/color];        // Rearming search radius - how far will AI go to grab stuff
       civ = 0;            // Civilians will try to arm themselves
       sidearm = [b][color=#ff0000]0[/color][/b];        // Units will take handguns
       binocs = [color=#ff0000][b]0[/b][/color];         // Units will take binoculars
       ACEmeds[] = {4,1};  // Units will get this many morphine and epi (ACE mod); format: {amountIfMedic,amountIfNotMedic}

Everything else is how it's in your 1.15.1 archive.

I can't reproduce this now with a different mission. If I can get a reliable steps to get this to happen, I'll report it in the tracker. For now, it seems more likely that the Flashpoint: Zargabad mission is flawed.

I have a slit problem with asr 1.5.1 it says asr ai user config is not updated what do i do about this I even reinstalled the mod too.

If you're using Six Updater, you can run some process on ASR_AI that has something to do with userconfigs. ("Install Userconfigs"? Not sure what it's called) That should solve it.

Either that, or you can manually copy the new userconfig file from the ASR_AI mod folder to the BIS folder with all the userconfigs in it.