I though 1.60 broke the separate Skill and Precision values, making the latter dependent on the former. I knew ASR rectified the situation somehow, but still am not quite sure how.

Hi Robalo:)

I love you ASR AI Addon, that is my favourite AI Mod. But I have a little problem.

The AI want to get Weapons and magzines that is a good feature.

But sometime I want to stop the KI (guards with M9) who want to get better weapons from the weapon tent.

How I can do that ? If i write "this disableAI"move"; the AI stop, but doesent shot my realy.

The "dostop" doesn't work.

I hope you can help me.

PS. sorry for my bad english.

Hi Robalo:)

I love you ASR AI Addon, that is my favourite AI Mod. But I have a little problem.

The AI want to get Weapons and magzines that is a good feature.

But sometime I want to stop the KI (guards with M9) who want to get better weapons from the weapon tent.

How I can do that ? If i write "this disableAI"move"; the AI stop, but doesent shot my realy.

The "dostop" doesn't work.

I hope you can help me.

PS. sorry for my bad english.

Hi,

To prevent rearming for some units, put this code in their init line:

this setVariable ["asr_ai_sys_airearming_pause", 1];

I though 1.60 broke the separate Skill and Precision values, making the latter dependent on the former. I knew ASR rectified the situation somehow, but still am not quite sure how.

It didn't break a thing. It made precision dependent on skill. Yeah it's not as flexible now but it's not a bug.

It didn't break a thing. It made precision dependent on skill. Yeah it's not as flexible now but it's not a bug.

I know it's not a bug. It was just a terrible decision that temporarily broke the co-op game. Because AI with skill less than .8 isn't worth playing against (spotting and reaction time of half-blind arthritic cattle), but the corresponding accuracy is far, far too good for irregulars or insurgents.

Edit: Robalo, you mentioned reducing AI skill at night. On that subject, I believe that the AI uses binoculars to see units in the dark that should be invisible. Could you prevent units from benefiting from binoculars at night?

Edited by maturin

Recommended difficulty settings are in post #20 and still valid. If anything, this version makes AI slightly less accurate (with the new userconfig defaults) and a little worse at spotting, but I guess the lower stance and quicker aim makes up for that.

In fact you gave me an idea, maybe lower other skills at night, based on equipment they have, not just the spotting.

I messed with it some more last night, both on the runway at Utes with 200m between me and an AI as well as playing some missions I've made for myself that I'm pretty familiar with. I bumped down the levels .1 like I mentioned (.6 and .4 for skill and precision). I did notice a change on the runway. It took a few more shots (2-ish maybe) to get hit but I was still seen (during the day) just as quick. When I played a few missions, the AI weren't as immediately deadly, but still required respect (this was on Duala with normal Duala units and my units were Tier One and a couple of Marine FR dudes). For me, these values were good for local insurgents, probably slightly too "easy" for regulars, but that's an easy tweak in my settings. I'm even happier than before.

As for night... I was messing with shooting suppressed rounds at the AI and he would become aware but couldn't localize me very quickly. Sounds like a very fair depiction. During the day, even shooting suppressed, once he hears the rounds hitting next to him, he finds me pretty quick after scanning, which I'm totally cool with.

I'm just giving this as feedback, please don't take this as negative. For me, you've got the perfect tweaks to make the game challenging and still fun......while also making my AI squad mates actually useful.

Edited by gatordev

Outstanding job Robalo! Better than ever.

On a side note, is this OK?

-mod=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@CBA;@ASR_AI

I got a little confused lately with the betas and the correct order for the -mod parameter.

Cheers.

Use this for your beta to prevent confusion:

-beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=blahblahblahetc

But that looks fine. Also note that with the latest CBA you will be using three folders, that is:

-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;

Hm, pretty sure that if you use the latest CBA and run Combined Ops, you only need one @CBA in the mod list

You need all 3 for CO:

There are three different setups depending on what variant of ArmA II you're using:

If you have ArmA II Original, use both both the @CBA and @CBA_A2 mod folders

If you have ArmA II: Operation Arrowhead, use both the @CBA and @CBA_OA mod folders

If you have the "merged" ArmA II: Combined Operations (ArmA II+Arrowhead expansion), use the @CBA, @CBA_A2 and @CBA_OA mod folders.

https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Installation

Hint: use Six Updater, makes things easier :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=2150031&viewfull=1#post2150031 - read that page, clarifies nicely.

The very latest version of CBA (the one from Six Updater) has changed to be more modular (to assist with the support of ToH and ToH:ReArmed). If you are using THIS version then you need all three for Combined Ops. If the server you are trying to join has the OLD version, then you need to continue to use the same version as the server (probably just @CBA linked from the 1st post).

Yes, well that may be outdated: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=1696000&viewfull=1#post1696000. I run CO with only the @CBA folder and so far am not getting any error messages or something like that ?

If it is now designed that you HAVE to run with all 3 CBA if you have CO, why are you not? Do you know better? When things don't work then don't come crying on the forums.

If it is now designed that you HAVE to run with all 3 CBA if you have CO, why are you not? Do you know better? When things don't work then don't come crying on the forums.

Well, if he's not using SU to get the newest CBA, then he HAVE to run only the @CBA. Only if you're using SU you have to load the 3 folders, and if you don't, you do see an error, so everyone's happy.

Dude what are You on about? I responded to someone else. It is exactly like seba describes that some need the three folders, some do not

Again, you need all 3 of them for CO. If it works with just @CBA, you may be using an old version. So go ahead and update with SU or manually if you like:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

Read the install instructions there, they're up to date.

Like they said, survive, adapt, win :)

Edited by Robalo

Yeah I see what you mean - that has not hit the first post of the thread on these forums yet (http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?103871-CBA-Community-Base-Addons-for-A2-OA-and-CO&p=1696000&viewfull=1#post1696000). I'll switch to the three folder setup at next upgrade of CBA.

Thanks,

OP

Again, you need all 3 of them for CO. If it works with just @CBA, you may be using an old version. So go ahead and update with SU or manually if you like:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231&highlight=CBA

Read the install instructions there, they're up to date.

Like they said, survive, adapt, win :)

Are you saying that this new version requires the latest version of CBA?

If so, what will we be missing out on if we run the older version?

Sorry if I sound like a dunce but AFAIK the "new" version of CBA hasn't been officially released yet, i.e. I've been holding out for the official release before migrating

Nope, you can wait for the official release, but you're probably missing on some important bugfixes that happened since the last one.

I don't know what the 'official release' version number is, but, as noted in the Readme:

The CBA mod version 0.8.3 build 175 or newer is required

@Robalo

2012/06/20, 17:58:16 Error in expression <call ace_sys_wind_deflection_fnc_wind);

setWind [_wind select 0, _wind select 1,>

2012/06/20, 17:58:16 Error position: <setWind [_wind select 0, _wind select 1,>

2012/06/20, 17:58:16 Error Type Any, expected Number

Getting this error with the latest version. When we take ASR_AI off we have no problem with the error. Seems some others have had it after coming across some pastebin site last night. It ultimately caused much of the interaction or ace/acre interaction menus to not work as well for any player and the RPT was getting spammed until we restarted the mission.

Also I have determined that when running ASR_AI on some missions that it will sometimes cause all interaction with vehicles and ACE interactions to just stop working at the same time for all players. Then all players have to rejoin to fix it from what I am being told. Since removing ASR_AI the last day the problem suddenly no longer persisted. This interaction issue has been happening since before.

Nope, you can wait for the official release, but you're probably missing on some important bugfixes that happened since the last one.

I don't know what the 'official release' version number is, but, as noted in the Readme:

According to the changelog "Build 175" does appear to be the last official version.

I was referring to the semi-official version has been available on Six Updater for several weeks now (build 175 is now 6 months old).

@Alderman, check here:

Please check this ticket: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/33476

Anyone having issues after installing this, make sure to update the settings in the userconfig first based on the one provided in the archive.

Or with Six Updater, right-click on the mod in preset -> Updater actions -> Process Userconfigs.

Noted for next time, need to add outdated userconfig version warnings or improve this somehow.

Ya we use SU web on our dedicated box and always process userconfigs. I might have forgot to do it.

However even before this recent issue Robalo ASR_AI has been eventually causing interaction at all levels to fail. We thought it was just the mission but the issue has stopped since removing ASR_AI. We will continue to test without it and see however if the issue reappears. If not we will add ASR_AI back on with the updated config. Thank you much!