Sign in to follow this  
MavericK96

ArmA 2: OA Beta Build 72967

I noticed that too, but only once. I exited game, restarted, and mission played fine.

Thanks for chiming in, will try and see if I can reproduce it again.

It's a bit wierd since I haven't noticed any other audio volumes issues while playing MP, somehow it seemed related to the AI talking in Huey...

/KC

Just tested again and I can reproduce it every time in scenario 01: Trail By Fire. While enroute in Huey the audio volume (both AI voices as well as Huey itself) gets lower and lower, not completeley silence but ~1/4 of normal volume.

Exiting that mission and getting into the editor the volume is OK again... Haven't had a chance to test other SP missions with AI speaking in yet...

Audio: Realtek ALC889A High Definition Audio System (Driver version R2.24)

/KC

Anyone else having audio issues (audio volume getting lower and lower in the Huey enroute) while playing stock scenario 01: Trail By Fire with Build 72967?

/KC

This bug also appears in the current (stable-)patch release - therefore it shouldn't be related to the beta release.

@KeyCat

I have experienced low effects volumes in Trial by fire in every OA beta. I believe the volumes are low using OA vanilla as well. I remember opening up the mission and fixing it some time ago. I can't remember what value it is, but there is a volume value in the mission that is causing it when played with the OA engine.

The issue also seems to affect the Counter Attack mission.

A bigger priorty for me is for BI to get A2 content running well in OA as Chernarus seems to run much better with the A2 engine than the A2 OA one.

Edited by stun

Thanks for the info guys and somewhat good news that it is mission related and not an engine/beta thing, and I agree that there are higher priorities than this issue for time being.

stun, if your memory clears please let me/us know what value to change since I use "Trail By Fire" as one of my "AI test" missions while comparing patches/betas.

/KC

YES, it is BIS's fault that a server host can't figure out how to patch the server...

Because we all know just how smooth patching is, especially with the mixture of Steam, Retail, BAF, BAF lite and now beta patches.

What the hell would posses someone to mix them? :confused:

Retail or Sprocket version of Arma 2 - Retail or Sprocket version of OA - Sprocket version of the BAF DLC.

Steam version of Arma 2 - Steam version of OA - Steam version of the BAF DLC.

It's pretty much common sense. If you buy it on Steam then you should know that Steam has it's own method of patching that every game on there follows, thus you should not necessarily apply the same patches you get for the retail or Sprocket versions unless you know it's safe to do so.

Many many thanks for fixing up tank sabot rounds with this latest beta patch. Has made tank - tank combat less of a chore.

zipper it's possible to end up having e.g. retail ARMA 2, STEAM OA and sprocket BAF

and it will work :) in A2:CO + BAF fine

zipper it's possible to end up having e.g. retail ARMA 2, STEAM OA and sprocket BAF

and it will work :) in A2:CO + BAF fine

Well there it is from a dev himself. Still, I never would have mixed them all together to such an extent. :p

I'm having an issue with the ai LAV gunner not cancelling target. If I order the gunner to watch a direction or scan horizon, 2;1 no longer cancels the order so the gunner will resume default aiming/scanning. I have not had time to test this in other vehicles, but I noticed it while in the LAV during mission play. Can anyone confirm that this is the case with this patch.

Thanks

I noticed that something is going completely wrong with surface definitions. Cars in the gracel rods travel slower than on dessert terrain, mainly the tan textures. On road a lada will drive maxium 56 km/h...just leave the roads and it will rocket along at 90km/h beside the road. This happens with all wheeled vehicles, most noticable in the 2WD types. Affected version seems to be all including this beta 72967.

I noticed that something is going completely wrong with surface definitions. Cars in the gracel rods travel slower than on dessert terrain, mainly the tan textures. On road a lada will drive maxium 56 km/h...just leave the roads and it will rocket along at 90km/h beside the road. This happens with all wheeled vehicles, most noticable in the 2WD types. Affected version seems to be all including this beta 72967.

Yeah it's been that way since time immemorial. in terms of speed, it goes mountain terrain > road > side road.

i'm sick of morons on this forum who can't act peaceably.

Hello. Here we go again.

must be a warmongerish type of mentality in people who play games like this.

Confirmed.

e a petty jackass in constructing sentances

:D

i seriously don't need that attitude.

This is going well.

what are YOU going to help me with? youre not a developer. what the hell are you going to do for me? huh?

Thus far, he's been polite and amenable. You, on the other hand....

youre just yet another dude who decided to be a dick to me

Here we go. Bullied at playgroup much?

. go stick a gun barrel up your ass and call it a life.

Raaaarr!! Keyboard warrior strikes again!!!!! Kerpow!!