Sign in to follow this  
jdmt

DLC - USMC Deploys to Takistan

If that update ALL A2 content to OA\BAF standards, maybe.

But first OPFOR! Shooting guys in pijamas is boring.

The big thing isn't the reskinning, it's making stuff compatible with thermals and for some weapons flashlights/lasers. Unfortunately as far as I understand this is not possible to be made as an addon without completely re-making the models.

OA cost 40$ while most game expansions cost 50$. I'd gladly pay 50$ if it was an actual expansion (that is, adds stuff to the old game, not replace the old game with new stuff), so 10$ for adding fully up-to-date A2 content into OA would definitely be reasonable. Though I don't really know how much work that is, might be worth a lot less or a lot more...

The big addon-makers already seemed to have converted at least some of their A2 addons to OA quality stuff, so it can't be *that* big of a deal?

Edited by galzohar

I would like this DLC. Although I would also like it to bring the US Army stuff to Woodland and all the new OA vehicles and things like that to Woodland. That way the Chedaki get T55s and BTR60s and stuff like that. I would also really like them to have a hind.

I would like this DLC. Although I would also like it to bring the US Army stuff to Woodland and all the new OA vehicles and things like that to Woodland. That way the Chedaki get T55s and BTR60s and stuff like that. I would also really like them to have a hind.

If that happens, it would need to be a $40 DLC considering it would bring the entirety of OA's content to ArmA II. :j:

No more bluefor stuff for now please!

Next DLC should be for Opfor IMO, I want to see the russians brought to takistan along with some new vehicles and such.

No more bluefor stuff for now please!

Next DLC should be for Opfor IMO, I want to see the russians brought to takistan along with some new vehicles and such.

110% agree!:D

Why do you guys want USMC and Russians and all this crap? Combined Operations has all that stuff already LOL, What we really need is Canadian Forces.

Why do you guys want USMC and Russians and all this crap? Combined Operations has all that stuff already LOL, What we really need is Canadian Forces.

Says the now obvious Canadian (Or is it "Canuckistani"?) :p

But of course, why didn't I think of that.

1-1-3.jpg

A brilliant conclusion. But who cares.

I don't think a bunch of DLC containing single countries is really a good plan.

what would be good is if they had a map with all the islands on.........seem to remember operation flashpoint had a map with the 3-4 main islands islands on so you could fly from island to island nad if you can fly you can transport that would be the dogs b's dont you guys think?

i would pay for OFP islands again

but i am little angry cause addonmakers spend their time to make as realistic units as they can and ... some people want pay for less realistic made by BIS

i would pay for content with working ERA, redone Arma2 content, OFP islands, but for god sake... addonmakers do for you addons, Desert Marines are released, releasing reskins is not a problem... men :/

IMO this shouldn't be a paid DLC but at least partly implemented as a repaint in a patch for CO owners. Currently there isn't really anything combined about Combined Operations, none of the OA armour is usable in a woodland scenario and the USMC units would stick out like a sore thumb in Takistan.

what about this?

It's really not just about the camo colors. That can definitely be made by the community. The problem is that addon makers can't add thermal textures so the Arma 2 units will always look ugly on thermals.

The addonmakers CAN add thermals as to wether or not they will remains to be seen, there are mods that bring FLIR to vehicles http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11091&highlight=FLIR

And supposedly you can add the thermal if you follow this.

http://developer.vbs2.com/onlinehelp/Content/Adding_Models/How_to/AMHT_Thermal_Imaging_How.htm

http://developer.vbs2.com/onlinehelp/Content/Adding_Models/How_to/AMHT_Thermal_Imaging.htm

If that happens, it would need to be a $40 DLC considering it would bring the entirety of OA's content to ArmA II. :j:

No it wouldn't. You just do the same thing that they did with BAF or make it so that those vehicles are dependent upon having OA not to mention that one could make the entire DLC require OA.

Sorry, my personally wouldn't touch this. I'm tired of always US and Russian. I'd rather have other nations brought in. But then again, it would be nice to have A2 brought up to OA, so I'm torn. Anyways, bleh, I want something new other than the usual always Army/USMC if I'm going to cough up money. But that's just my personal feelings about it.

No it wouldn't. You just do the same thing that they did with BAF or make it so that those vehicles are dependent upon having OA not to mention that one could make the entire DLC require OA.

No, you don't get it. What you suggested would put almost all of ArmA IIs content into OA. Meaning people wouldn't have to spend $50 on ArmA II, they could just spend $10 on a DLC.

That's why it won't happen. Maybe a patch to bring some vehicles up to OAs level, but a DLC containing all of ArmA IIs content is a bad plan, not to mention a stupid one.

Sorry, my personally wouldn't touch this. I'm tired of always US and Russian. I'd rather have other nations brought in. But then again, it would be nice to have A2 brought up to OA, so I'm torn. Anyways, bleh, I want something new other than the usual always Army/USMC if I'm going to cough up money. But that's just my personal feelings about it.

no, cause they screw other nations, while there are good and realistic addons made by many addonmakers, we have many nations made by many addonmakers REAL

not AK747, RPKAK... BIS always had problems with real details, since OFP, so ... better if they do engine, not NATIONS

if dev. screwed big nations, about which there are MANY MANY sources in Google, how would they screw small nation about which you not know so much from Google ??

if US Army get Scar , if Russians have together AK107 and RPG18 and USSR vest in Flora camo (not 6B13 new vest), than how would look Poles in DLC ??? M24 instead of SAKO and AK74 instead of Beryl and Glock instead of Walther or P94 and wearing US vest instead of Moratex or Lubawa wearing US shoes ?

other nations are DONE and done realistic (FDF, FFAA, Aenes addons, BW MOD, CSLA, RHS, Sarmat .... many more)

no thanx...

i would be glad to support BIS more, but ... not for nations (specially seeing previous mistakes)

ERA bricks - okay

thermal vision Arma2 content - okay

OFP islands - wooooooooooooooooow (will come as CWR2 content )

pack of animals, pack of worlds, pack of islands, pack of civilian vehicles , pack of vehicles ...

but not "army of country" made as Marmy Arma1 and RPG18 with AK107

Edited by vilas

Actually, Vilas, having updated OFP islands sounds interesting. I never played OFP so it would be pretty neat to try them, especially up to OA specs/quality. :D

No, you don't get it. What you suggested would put almost all of ArmA IIs content into OA. Meaning people wouldn't have to spend $50 on ArmA II, they could just spend $10 on a DLC.

That's why it won't happen. Maybe a patch to bring some vehicles up to OAs level, but a DLC containing all of ArmA IIs content is a bad plan, not to mention a stupid one.

Well, you have Combined Ops for $50, so thats $10 for A2 content.

I don´t see why anbody would buy OA or A2 only (except for those have one or another).

Sadly I don´t see BIS updating A2 stuff anytime soon, so thats make all the "Combined Ops features" BS.

It won't have all of A2's content. It will have the USMC. There is no reason to bring the CDF, Chedaki, civilians, or NAPA into OA/desert patterns. Nor is there any reason to convert Chernarus into a desert. All it is is the USMC stuff updated to present standards and put into desert patterns plus some stuff from OA going to woodland. And I think its a good idea because it gives me something that I want an doesn't have a negative side that I can see. BI gets money for their hard work and I get what I want for the money. There is no way to really exploit that that I can think of.